Author Topic: THE ADVENT OF THE GOBBLIN KING IS AT HAND  (Read 9591 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: THE ADVENT OF THE GOBBLIN KING IS AT HAND
« Reply #105 on: September 25, 2013, 04:44:47 pm »
Well, at least we know that Daruvian has no respect for his own word. Tsk tsk. And here I thought that Daruvian would actually be true to his word. Just like all the other strat nerds and strat bads. Cares to much for pixels to be a true sportsman and listen to his own words.

He doesn't even deserve his GOBBLIN anymore. Only someone who shows he's worth that respect will get it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2013, 07:10:23 pm »
+8
Well, at least we know that Daruvian has no respect for his own word. Tsk tsk. And here I thought that Daruvian would actually be true to his word. Just like all the other strat nerds and strat bads. Cares to much for pixels to be a true sportsman and listen to his own words.

He doesn't even deserve his GOBBLIN anymore. Only someone who shows he's worth that respect will get it.

(click to show/hide)

NO MAN CAN DEFEAT THE GOBBLIN KING.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 07:20:01 pm by GOBBLIN KING GREAT LEADER »

Offline Lethwin Far Seeker

• Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: The House of Tiercel
« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2013, 07:41:43 pm »

You take offense to rp?  The rp you requested?  You said any form; comedic, drunken dwarf, it didn't matter.  I gave the rp you requested in the form I chose and you twist it into a means to cover up.  I think you misinterpret my comrade's rp.  In sum, Thalion described us making a withdrawal from the overwhelmed castle in proper rp fashion.  Radsvid is a dwarf, so of course he is going to talk about hammers and skull bashing.  Thats dwarven rp.  Did you expect rp where an a dwarf sat down for tea with one of your goblins (and I will continue to spell it as "goblins" because I think it is quite appropriate)? 

Since you are not content with proper roleplay and have retaliated with a the usual clan insulting and strat war, we will oblige you in some regard.  Though we are indeed small in number and a new strat faction, I cannot imagine anything but a unanimous decision by my council to make what stand we can against your marauding ilk.  If any faction so desires to make an honourable stand with us against such wreckless hate, the bards will sing of their names for many years to come.  If no others have such will, then we will fight and die all the same.

Btw I like how you got your support by claiming you were only after Anders, but now that you have Reindi you claim this magnanimous victory over WFA despite the fact you haven't fought any forces in WFA excepting Anders' garrison. 

I'll see you on the field Daruvian.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2013, 08:01:05 pm »
+9
"What's RP stand for? How do you do it? What is its purpose?" dynamike asked himself as he was staring at the large book on the table in front of him. Cheeto dust hung in layers on the hefty cover and his fingers stuck to the greasy pages every time he turned them. He had been pondering over this for many hours while reading the numerous pages of 'Diplomacy Forum Rules' but so far he could not even make sense of the title.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Real_Dece_Guy

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • Game nicks: Viceroy_Axeman_of_Acre
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2013, 08:08:46 pm »
+11

You take offense to rp?  The rp you requested?  You said any form; comedic, drunken dwarf, it didn't matter.  I gave the rp you requested in the form I chose and you twist it into a means to cover up.  I think you misinterpret my comrade's rp.  In sum, Thalion described us making a withdrawal from the overwhelmed castle in proper rp fashion.  Radsvid is a dwarf, so of course he is going to talk about hammers and skull bashing.  Thats dwarven rp.  Did you expect rp where an a dwarf sat down for tea with one of your goblins...?

From a neutral perspective:  RP is supposed to represent what is actually happening in game.  If what happened was you (made/were making/had plans to make) a deal with the GOBBLIN KING to keep the castle in spite of his victory, that really isn't represented very well by an RP where one of your commanders hacks off his herald's limbs and insults his faction.  It doesn't convey what happened to the rest of us here on Diplomacy, it doesn't look like an acceptance of an offer, and it describes a very serious breach of diplomatic courtesy.

If a dwarf finds it injurious to his honour to admit to dealings with goblins, he might have asked a silver-tongued elf to handle the diplomacy (and/or the reporting thereof) instead, rather than risk sparking the kind of incident we have here.

Granted, it's rather difficult to make a proper assessment when you're not privy to the secret diplomacy that was going on between the parties, but just going on what we can all see here, that's my 2 cents.
His Excellency Viceroy for Life, Field Marshal Al chadzi Doctor Idi Axemin, VC, DSO, MC, CBE, Lord of all the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea, and Conqueror of the Free Company Empire in Calradia in General and the Tundra in Particular.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2013, 08:11:07 pm »
+6
Having himself received a copy of the Tome "Diplomacy Forum Rules" of which Dynamike spoke James remarked its lengthy nature. Surely no man would have time to read such a volume. It was however a holy text sent to Calradia by the gods themselves. Even a Gobblin King must not anger the gods. James thought "TLDR" and had one of his men give him the highlights of the monstrous book.

Having fought as a mercenary in the battle against the Gobblin king James had seen quite the bloodbath. The situation between the WFA and the Gobblins was complex. Having not been directly involved James hadn't really been paying attention. He was glad Axeman had stumbled out of his near month long drunk just in time to follow this most recent development.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2013, 08:16:57 pm »
+7
Rigid penes
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Krosis

• Count
  • Renown: 166
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2013, 08:31:49 pm »
+3
TL;DR

So.. it's GOBBLINS vs WFA right?

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2013, 08:44:35 pm »
+5
TL;DR

So.. it's GOBBLINS vs WFA right?

I believe it's GOBBLINS vs all HUMIE SCUM, actually.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:59:18 pm by Sandersson Jankins »

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Real_Dece_Guy

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • Game nicks: Viceroy_Axeman_of_Acre
« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2013, 08:48:35 pm »
+7
The Axeman lurched away from the table where he had been frowning in concentration over his latest missive.  Equally unused to penmanship and serious conversation, he had found the brief letter more daunting than he would have liked.

"LIBRARIAN!" he bellowed.

An ink-spattered peasant girl wearing absurdly outsized spectacle frames - without lenses - bustled down a spiral staircase, papers fluttering in her wake, curtsied, and awaited instructions.

"Bring me Volume 16 of the Forum Rules, I want to know exactly what this 'RP' everyone is talking about entails."

"My Lord, last month you had us bring up the entire boxed set to use for axe practice.  You said something about a thousand pages of concentrated sperging being as good a test of a blade as Milanese plate, and also that we were out of cleaning paper in the garderobe."

"Never mind that, then.  The nerds of the realm can make of my writings what they wish, the Axeman shall write what he pleases."

"...You're talking in the third person again, my Lord"

The Axeman raised his eyebrows and grinned: "We know we are."
His Excellency Viceroy for Life, Field Marshal Al chadzi Doctor Idi Axemin, VC, DSO, MC, CBE, Lord of all the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea, and Conqueror of the Free Company Empire in Calradia in General and the Tundra in Particular.

Offline MrPink44

• Count
  • Renown: 245
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Frisian Freedom
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pink_Frisia, Flying_FrnchFries
  • IRC nick: n/a
« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2013, 08:54:08 pm »
+13
(click to show/hide)

Man I got warned for this. It was the most maniacal Gobblin face I could come up with on short notice. Also Willem Defoe is nothing short of pure Gobblin blood so I feel it is on topic. I say the Gobblins raise banners against the admin team next!
 +Bitches be all over yo charismatic dick.
"Suck my mace." -Larry the Magical Cheetah
I will be a meatshield for my frisian friends! -Frug Frug MB
"Frisia.. urging clans to go to war with other clans for the lulz since 2012." -Tazer
"Are you not entertained?" -Leonidas, The Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2013, 09:13:55 pm »
+14
(click to show/hide)

Man I got warned for this. It was the most maniacal Gobblin face I could come up with on short notice. Also Willem Defoe is nothing short of pure Gobblin blood so I feel it is on topic. I say the Gobblins raise banners against the admin team next!

I got warned 40 points for posting Jareth the Gobblin King singing in a Gobblin Thread. 40 points for a video that is gobblin and medieval themed. 40 points.

This is really getting out of hand, people are trying to have fun and create a pleasant atmosphere here.

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #117 on: September 25, 2013, 09:58:59 pm »
+19

You take offense to rp?  The rp you requested?  You said any form; comedic, drunken dwarf, it didn't matter.  I gave the rp you requested in the form I chose and you twist it into a means to cover up.  I think you misinterpret my comrade's rp.  In sum, Thalion described us making a withdrawal from the overwhelmed castle in proper rp fashion.  Radsvid is a dwarf, so of course he is going to talk about hammers and skull bashing.  Thats dwarven rp.  Did you expect rp where an a dwarf sat down for tea with one of your goblins (and I will continue to spell it as "goblins" because I think it is quite appropriate)? 

Since you are not content with proper roleplay and have retaliated with a the usual clan insulting and strat war, we will oblige you in some regard.  Though we are indeed small in number and a new strat faction, I cannot imagine anything but a unanimous decision by my council to make what stand we can against your marauding ilk.  If any faction so desires to make an honourable stand with us against such wreckless hate, the bards will sing of their names for many years to come.  If no others have such will, then we will fight and die all the same.

Btw I like how you got your support by claiming you were only after Anders, but now that you have Reindi you claim this magnanimous victory over WFA despite the fact you haven't fought any forces in WFA excepting Anders' garrison. 

I'll see you on the field Daruvian.

I got my support by creating a faction that doesn't care about nerd grudges and tryhardery, but instead follows a few simple code; be our vassals or be destroyed, never camp our fiefs with thousands of troops like the current stalemate, decide our battles based on things other than old nerd fights and grudges but instead based on the roleplay of the GOBBLIN REALM and by deciding who deserves to be attacked and who doesn't. It's really as simple as that.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:18:52 pm by GOBBLIN KING GREAT LEADER »

Offline Lethwin Far Seeker

• Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: The House of Tiercel
« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2013, 02:21:02 am »
+4
If it is fair play that your roleplay is that you cannot bend down to a GOBBLIN KING because you are elves, then the flipside of that coin is how the fuck do you expect me as a GOBBLIN KING to accept shit-talking from nerddwarves and nerdelves?[/spoiler]

I can respect that.

P.S. You forgot nerdedain!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 03:32:53 am by Lethwin Far Seeker »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2013, 03:12:23 am »
I see your point, Daruvian. So, I'll at least let you keep GOBBLIN as your title. I hope you actually target the south(west?) block too, and not just targets in the North (east?) block.

Continue with the RP. Though I do hope that we got some battles soon. I just saw a strat faction on the map with 8 1500 man armies. I know their target, so that area of the map will be a bloodbath. You started a grand war, lets see what happens now... :lol: