Author Topic: Airsoft? Muricans'? Help? NEWTOPIC* Airsoft vs paintball Vs fat american mothers  (Read 1721 times)

Offline LEKIS

• Earl
  • Renown: 359
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lekismurderer
  • IRC nick: Lekis
Sooooooooo, I bought a rather "shit" gun.
It is my first gun except for those 10Dollar springloaded guns from Turkey.

It's a Classic Army Bushmaster Predator (m16), and I'm wondering if there is any chance I can only upgrade the spring (for starters) without upgrading a whole lot of things.
It's around 290-330 FPS and i would like it to be atleast like 350 every shot.

I can't find anything on google about upgrading it, nothing useful atleast.

Link to le gun: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=37499 (without the gay orange safety thing though.)

Link to le first game: http://www.farmengames.com/games/stalker-human-nature

Thanks if there is anyone who can actually help me.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 08:41:20 pm by Halfdan_stenman »
The day will come! Hordes of communist mechanical bears mounted by muslim liberal gay black in spanishs, bringing destruction to the visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Land Of The Free . Prepare yourself America!

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Airsoft? Muricans'? Help?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 03:54:16 pm »
+2
Upgrading only spring is bad idea. You most definitely should upgrade the cylinder, the cylinder head and the piston head + nozzle, which isn't expensive and it would allow you to use ie. M110 (~400fps).

Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline LEKIS

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 07:18:35 pm »
I Believe it's a 90's spring in it.
Isin't it possible to upgrade it to either 110 or 115 without upgrading a whole bunch of things?
The day will come! Hordes of communist mechanical bears mounted by muslim liberal gay black in spanishs, bringing destruction to the visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 07:34:21 pm »
+3
So you are trying to upgrade from "sting" to "welt"?  :lol:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 10:13:27 pm »
Isin't it possible to upgrade it to either 110 or 115 without upgrading a whole bunch of things?

It's certainly physically possible to put any spring you want in there. It might even work for a short while. I wouldn't put any stronger spring into stock CA, let alone 110.

If you want a cheap, one-part upgrade for it then just buy a tight bore barrel (ie. Systema). It's a must-buy anyway at some point and it does increase fps a bit too.

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 11:36:26 pm »
I have never understood the fascination with airsoft and other replica guns.
Not trying to put anyone down, just wondering what the hell are they usefull for.
Are they just for fun? Can get kids into alot of trouble....

Offline LEKIS

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 11:41:17 pm »
Soon to be 19, full time job, car, apartment, gf etcetc! I've left the kid part.

It's basically a fps but irl. Two or more teams, objective and points. Never played but that sounds appealing to me :)

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 12:43:29 am »
It's fun enough when you actually do it with a large group. Used to do it when I was much smaller, but I could only afford one with a springy thing while most others who took it seriously had those gaspowered thingies or something.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 01:08:10 am »
+3
Not trying to put anyone down, just wondering what the hell are they usefull for.

Airsoft is a way of essentially LARPing with toys that are meant to look realistic, teaming up with friends to play massive battle against one another.  The difference between this and paintball is the fact that, the majority of paintball guns do not look realistic enough for people who want the hardcore look of military simulation.  Airsoft provides this look while remaining cheaper in many aspects, since paintballs can cost nearly $70 dollars for a thousand rounds of the good shit, and a thousand rounds goes quick when your spraying it at 20 bps, a can of pellets goes for what like $15 for five thousand shots.

The only cons of airsoft is the fact that the magazines on many weapons have like 600 fucking shots, which is highly unrealistic.  Also a man who spent like $700 dollars on some crazy gun which shoots air will out perform you while your cheap ass is using a fucking electric gun with a spring that cant shoot nearly as far or as many rounds per minute.
In this video the guy with the m4 variant(idk what kind of weapon it is, specifically) shoots like 300 fucking rounds from one simple magazine, while the poor bastard with the ak is stuck on semi auto. BTW at the 7minute mark, i will literally fly to your country and smack you in the mouth if you hold your handgun like that, ffs that is the worst hand placement i have ever seen, like he wants his fucking fingers to get ripped off by the slide or something if it was real.  Worst part is, this is some sort of airsoft pro or some shit, who prolly has never shot a handgun properly in his life.

If you want to truly be realistic which was what i was going to do a few years back, its incredibly expensive is this below.  You cant get much more simulation than this without shooting real firearms with a different firing pin and powder rounds(IE, also really fucking expensive).  A paintball shoots a .68mm which is large, while these shoots a .43mm which is smaller and allows the barrel as well as the others components to be much more realistic(similar to what most airsoft junkies want).  The .43mm shoots from a casing similar to how live ammunition shoots, which inturn ejects shell casings and gives you much more realistic magazine counts(around 20-30).  Only down side to this is, you look like a clown trying to paintball with it, as everyone else has 200 rounds of ammunition, and finding people who are into simulation is tough, as meets are far and normally quite large, requiring you to drive and possibly stay a night or so to continue your war escapades.  Also, as far as i am aware of, alot of things like this are banned in other countries, like Germany i do believe.  Another aspect of this .43mm is that many of its weapons will give you a blowback simulation which is great for realism in pistols and rifles that you simply cannot get with something like airsoft, or paintball markers.  Honestly this is as real as it gets for someone who wants to simulate, and i would tell anyone to go this route over airsoft.

This last video has nothing to do with anything above, its just for shits and giggles.  This is what happens when you give russians tanks and paintball guns.  The other jaunts have rocket launchers and are shooting them at the tank to simulate it being blown up.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:32:50 am by AntiBlitz »

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 03:32:13 am »
i have a few super shitty guns and ive taken part in 1 or 2 battles...
i dont really like the airsoft "communitiy" the actual game is alot of fun.

every major airsoft "enthusiasist"(fuck spelling that shit) thinks that Airsoft=real guns/real war, ive meet plenty of airsofters who boast of their extensive knowledge of real firearms, basing all of this on their plastic toy that shoots plastic, most of the people who say these things have never held a real firearm in their life. they get this massive ego thinking their some sort of "pro spec ops SEAL" running around in their surplus BDU's
i mean, if you want that much realism, go join the military, thats as real as it gets.

IMO ditch the airsoft, go try the real thing, unless of course your in EU or outside the US, in which case, airsoft seems to be your only choice, sadly
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 04:40:41 am »
Those are girly airsoft players. We played with shirt, jeans and goggles, thats it. Those guys can't even feel the pellet through all those heavy coats and triple layers they are wearing. Plus, they have the same problem as 5 year olds with old fashioned fake gun play. "I shot you!" "No you didn't!"
When you have only a shirt on, that pretty red dot shows up nicely on the skin and you can see who got shot and where. Plus, they know they got shot and you can see them flinch when they do.
You can bet that they would be a lot less casual about standing where they can be hit when it hurts to do it.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 05:25:27 am »
My friends and I got over a Airsoft a while ago. But it was fun while it lasted we only used spring sniper rifles and shotguns. Oh we did use gas hand guns too. Hehe I remember how frantic it would get when we were like 10 feet away from eachother not wanting to get a huge tramp stamp on our bodies.

It's just fun to shoot at people with guns "safely" and act like you're in a real life situation. It's also cool just to own the gun and just reload it constantly and shoot it whenever you want safely. I liked the occasional shoot out but we usually played game modes like protect the president and shit like that.

My favorite way to play was as a sniper in a battle with more than ten people. It kinda stinks though when people lie about getting hit and keep going.

Offline LEKIS

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 07:20:56 am »
I come from a family of hunters so I have held quite powerful guns (enough to take down grizzlies and whatnot). This is not for simulatin the "real deal" but to simulate a first person shooter and to have fun with friends. There's battle in october with 112 "human players, called stalkers" and maybe 50 zombies.

But to the question, can i just put in a teenie weenie more powerful spring without compromissing  the health of the gun?

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 09:06:03 am »

Someone below wrote a more extensive reply but just wanted to drop my two cents and mention that asg can be used for a large variety of, well, field games, from casual running around abandonded buildings with your friends on sundays and shooting each other for fun to milsims that last several days and are meant to be training exercises for actual military personnel. You probably can find events that mix those two ends of the spectrum in any proportions.

Those are girly airsoft players. We played with shirt, jeans and goggles, thats it. Those guys can't even feel the pellet through all those heavy coats and triple layers they are wearing. Plus, they have the same problem as 5 year olds with old fashioned fake gun play. "I shot you!" "No you didn't!"

We're doing a lot of MOUT lately and I'd say I certainly wouldn't want to do it without the helmet and face protection gear, especially if you allow using grenades (and I can't imagine any sort of CQB without them). Shirts and jeans might be fine though if you're just using stock replicas I guess but once you start getting skin penetration and losing teeth it's not that fun. :wink:

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 09:11:45 am »
Just a small question.

Can't they just make a type of BB that.. I don't know gives some kind of a marking?

Like in paintball or something, so before the game everyone grabs a color, then try lying yourself out of that..

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!