Author Topic: Airsoft? Muricans'? Help? NEWTOPIC* Airsoft vs paintball Vs fat american mothers  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Airsoft? Muricans'? Help?
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2013, 09:27:59 am »
There are 6mm paint BBs, though they're not widely used because (afaik) they tend to splash inside your replica and are quite expensive.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2013, 09:28:20 am »
Ah, I see.

This made me lol
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2013, 12:00:20 pm »
Sell your airsoft and buy a paintball gun...
Paintball is way better, it puts hair on your neckbeard... Airsoft is for girls.  :mrgreen:

Airsoft guns are nice to look at, but paintball guns are much funner to play with. Not to mention paintballs are biodegradable (almost all of them anyways.) and the CO2 or compressed air tanks are re-usable... unlike airsoft guns which generally use disposable co2 cartridges.

Also if you have high enough feet per second on your paintball gun, you can get rubber balls in the same caliber as paintballs and use it for home defense. A definite plus.

There's a reason why law enforcement generally choose to train with paintball guns over airsoft. It's a much more engaging experience, it might be hard to comprehend, but when you are hiding behind cover like a tree and paintballs are smacking into the tree ripping chunks of bark off it will get your adrenaline going much more than if someone was shooting piddly airsoft bb's.

Ohyeah, and if you play paintball... Play woodsball or military sim... speedball is lame and arenas generally make u turn your guns down to ridiculously low feet per second (because they are always concerned about liability).  :mrgreen:

« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 12:11:59 pm by Sir_Hans »

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2013, 01:52:46 pm »
Paintball is indeed fun and if my main goal was to have fun I'd probably stick to it, though it's generally much more expensive and the logistics are pain in the ass.

unlike airsoft guns which generally use disposable co2 cartridges

Since when airsoft guns generally use any sort of gas at all, you mean those 2% of replicas in use that are gas-powered? BTW. I have yet to encounter asg assault rifle powered with co2 (other than RAM), they all are greengas powered. So when you want to bash asg, do some research first.  :wink:

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2013, 02:05:13 pm »
+1
Paintball is way better, it puts hair on your neckbeard... Airsoft is for girls.  :mrgreen:

There's a reason why law enforcement generally choose to train with paintball guns over airsoft. It's a much more engaging experience, it might be hard to comprehend, but when you are hiding behind cover like a tree and paintballs are smacking into the tree ripping chunks of bark off it will get your adrenaline going much more than if someone was shooting piddly airsoft bb's.

Ohyeah, and if you play paintball... Play woodsball or military sim... speedball is lame and arenas generally make u turn your guns down to ridiculously low feet per second (because they are always concerned about liability).  :mrgreen:

we dont use paintballs, well maybe some other departments do, but we used training pistols(glock 22's with a firing pin and Simunition rounds, or powder rounds), this gives the same effect as firing the live ammunition, because it is essentially live ammunition.  The tip fires out a plastic cap filled with colored powder from a shell casing that is exactly the same as live ammunition with gunpowder.  And it downright absolutely stings like a bitch, however force on force training is not used too often due to its expense and liability.  These firing pins and simunution rounds can also be purchased for a variety of other weapons like rifles which then take your simulation to the next level.  It truly doesnt get any more real than this, as this is a live gun with live ammunition, that goes bang loudly and has recoil.

(click to show/hide)

When i turned 16 i had bought this below, it was my third paintball gun and i wanted to start getting into simulation paintballing, however i noticed that the guns could never really take you to that point, because unfortunately, paintball guns just have a hard time looking the part.  Even this still had the silly hopper sticking out the top, the abnormally large barrel, the tank sticking out the back, and you couldnt use the sights with a mask on, as it was too bulky to get your cheek down.

(click to show/hide)
Not particularly mine, but close enough to it, without the scope.
(click to show/hide)

btw its an Ariakon Sim-15, which back then this was one of the few companies making these sort of pbguns.

Paintball is indeed fun and if my main goal was to have fun I'd probably stick to it, though it's generally much more expensive and the logistics are pain in the ass.

Since when airsoft guns generally use any sort of gas at all, you mean those 2% of replicas in use that are gas-powered? BTW. I have yet to encounter asg assault rifle powered with co2 (other than RAM), they all are greengas powered. So when you want to bash asg, do some research first.  :wink:

He is talking about the pistols mostly, they use these small cartridges, and some smaller rifles use these as welll, though they give you a very minimal amount of shots, like around 50 and your done.  Then your spending your time attempting to grab a freezing cold metal object while putting in a new one.
(click to show/hide)

Bonus video for why even the strongest neckbeard should be wearing head to toe cover, this is gas operated at its finest.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:16:56 pm by AntiBlitz »

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2013, 07:20:13 pm »
+1
It all depends upon the fps. At 300 fps, it won't do that even at point blank. Besides, you showed a woman getting shot. Everyone knows manly man skin is 10x the armor class!
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2013, 08:41:43 pm »
We also use Simunition in the military, so I guess it's pretty much the best marker munition you can get.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
+1
Would be better just playing paintball (IMO).  Airsoft seems dumb as hell.

If you want military simulation, you can look into MILES gear (the US military used to, or might still use this).  I've seen other simulated warfare where they use real firearms, but have some sort of chalk projectiles (can still be very dangerous, so important to protect your vital areas of the body).  But both of these instances, there's ways to verify if someone was hit or not, none of the recollections from childhood cowboys and indians "I shot you"..."no I shot you first"
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
You want realism? Go play Arma 1, so realistic the Canadian military trains with it
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
we dont use paintballs, well maybe some other departments do, but we used training pistols(glock 22's with a firing pin and Simunition rounds, or powder rounds), this gives the same effect as firing the live ammunition, because it is essentially live ammunition.  The tip fires out a plastic cap filled with colored powder from a shell casing that is exactly the same as live ammunition with gunpowder.  And it downright absolutely stings like a bitch, however force on force training is not used too often due to its expense and liability.  These firing pins and simunution rounds can also be purchased for a variety of other weapons like rifles which then take your simulation to the next level.  It truly doesnt get any more real than this, as this is a live gun with live ammunition, that goes bang loudly and has recoil.

I stand corrected, That is obviously much more realistic, and the pain involved with getting hit with one of those probably gives new meaning to the "I don't want to get hit" line of thought.
I actually saw some of that ammo you posted a pic of, a paintball buddy showed me that same exact looking ammo. The plastic slug shell casing on those is no joke, it looked quite painful just judging by the thickness of that slug shell. I would not want to get hit by one of those. :shock:

I know some law enforcement in California here, practice with those (because my friend found some of the rounds while he was land surveying on a job). But I think a lot of the local departments don't have funding for that kind of expenditure.
All the cops I've played with (in paintball) do it on their own time, presumably with their own money.
I think there are some elements where paintball can provide good teamwork and tactical training, but also other instances where it fails when comparing it to real guns or real firearm combat.
One flaw with paintball, is once you get comfortable with it, getting shot isn't that bad and you tend to take more "rambo" type risks just for fun.

I wonder how fast those powder slugs are traveling when shot from one of those handguns or a rifle? And what do the officers wear for face/head protection?

You want realism? Go play Arma 1, so realistic the Canadian military trains with it

That might be great for large scale tactics and vehicle simulation, but a computer game/sim will never get your adrenaline pumping as much as getting shot at by a paintball gun, or those gunpowder/powder charges antiblitz mentioned.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 07:57:26 am by Sir_Hans »

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile

I wonder how fast those powder slugs are traveling when shot from one of those handguns or a rifle? And what do the officers wear for face/head protection?

That might be great for large scale tactics and vehicle simulation, but a computer game/sim will never get your adrenaline pumping as much as getting shot at by a paintball gun, or those gunpowder/powder charges antiblitz mentioned.

lol no problem im not meaning to call you out, just inform you. 

Just a standard paintball mask, nothing special, though i would wear a long sleeve and a vest to play.  These really do sting badly, and will make you bleed at times.

Im not too sure how fast they travel, the majority of the training is meant for CQB which is what our environment mostly is, so we dont have to worry about a drop off too much with something similar to paintballs where you are shooting roping arcs
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 01:37:00 pm by AntiBlitz »

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
Still have a Tippmann A-5 somewhere in the basement :) Bought it about 10 years ago, when it was still legal without a weapon permission/registration... Now i need to have some sort of a document issued by police it seems.

It is a shame i never had friends who liked this kind of stuff! Only used my marker two times, but i loved cleaning it for some reason :) Could assemble/disassemble it like a pro! ( not that a-5 has many parts though... )

I have never "played" with airsoft/bb guns the same way you play paintball, but I definitely prefer to be able to see if i hit someone :) The downside of paintball, in my opinion, is high ball price and low projectile speed... I believe it was 90 m/s max ( you can adjust it higher, but it can be dangerous ). A remember paying around 50 Euro for a bag of 500 balls, that is ridiculous!

Btw, can you refill a gas-bottle for airsoft guns at home?.. Or do you buy a new one, and trow the old one out?
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Btw, can you refill a gas-bottle for airsoft guns at home?.. Or do you buy a new one, and trow the old one out?

Most airsoft guns used as main weapon are AEGs, meaning they are powered with a big rechargable battery, not gas. Those few that use gas (mainly sidearms and some sniper rifles although there are also some assault rifles) use greengas, which comes in one-use bottles.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
Bought it about 10 years ago, when it was still legal without a weapon permission/registration... Now i need to have some sort of a document issued by police it seems.

Damn, that sucks, the hell do they think people are gonna do with a fucking paintball gun?
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
Damn, that sucks, the hell do they think people are gonna do with a fucking paintball gun?

they teach violence, similar to vidya games, which in turn makes juveniles want to cause property damage and possibly harm others with real firearms, or atleast that is the mentality of the governments in Europe who oppose them.  I could have sworn certain countries had outright banned them, or atleast tried to, i know for sure Germany tried banning them outright, though idk if it actually went through or not.  In australia, these are considered firearms and owning them is out right illegal.