Author Topic: Split NA players from EU players.  (Read 14707 times)

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
Re: Split NA players from EU players.
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2011, 07:08:01 pm »
Multiple continents that force server for real world locations would be so COOL.

The continents should be similarly sized, but the terrain should be different.

If items required terrain specific resources to produce (wood-forests, metal-mountains, wool-pastureland, etc.), and the world map terrain translated to the battle terrain, then over time the continents would evolve different fighting styles.

My underwear is now sticky thinking about it.

Like, if the NA continent had lots of steppes and plains, then horseback combat would dominate; if EU had lots of forests and hills, then archery would take more precedence. This would be a general trend though, not a necessity.

Offline JihadistMexican

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
  • God Bless
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Gay One
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2011, 07:11:41 pm »
I would support either a total split of NA/EU players or a map with two continents and players being able to choose where they spawn and the ability to sail between the continents. Like one person said, If your clan is half EU/NA you can settle in the coastal regions making it easier to support each other.  If you say your clan is going to be split up, then split up your clan into an EU section and an NA section. Leadership would have to be changed and leaders who want the best for their clan would choose this idea. Unless your the leader who wants total control they you would not support this idea.

EDIT: EU leaders who say their clans would be split: How many of your members are actually active and would split be from clan if there were 2 different strategus'?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 07:13:46 pm by JihadistMexican »
"I know were gona lose strat, but lets leech all the xp we can."

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2011, 07:31:54 pm »
I'm an NA player and I support this.  Why not make the map bigger and have 2 continents (add one to the west of Calradia).  Calradia can be for EU, the new one for NA (or vice versa).  Make it possible to reach the other's continent across the ocean but it should take a while.  That way if someone conquers all of 1 continent they can start an invasion.  Maybe make each continent only EU or only NA servers so people will naturally segregate.  If you want to hang around the other's area nothing will stop you; you will just have high ping (think of it as a home advantage :P )

The NA community is big enough to support this.  Right now most NA guilds are allied to combat the big EU guilds.  If a separate NA map was created, we could fight eachother.

Heck, you could even create a small Australian island somewhere in the middle :P
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline Joseph

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I am your worst french nightmare.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2011, 07:39:04 pm »
Multiple continents that force server for real world locations would be so COOL.

The continents should be similarly sized, but the terrain should be different.

If items required terrain specific resources to produce (wood-forests, metal-mountains, wool-pastureland, etc.), and the world map terrain translated to the battle terrain, then over time the continents would evolve different fighting styles.

My underwear is now sticky thinking about it.

Like, if the NA continent had lots of steppes and plains, then horseback combat would dominate; if EU had lots of forests and hills, then archery would take more precedence. This would be a general trend though, not a necessity.

It'd be interesting to see how the world will react to an invader (greek vs persian style).
"Dam those peasants bite hard"

Offline JihadistMexican

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • God Bless
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2011, 07:45:17 pm »
That would interesting. But lets hope no stinky frenchmen invade. That would be terrible.

+1 for sticky underwear

Offline Chico

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2011, 08:22:07 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

NA would be on Dothrakies continent ofcourse.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2011, 07:30:35 am »
chadz ever posted his thoughts on this? id like to know if its a possibility ;{

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2011, 07:42:08 am »
Just saying, Eu always makes the argument of NA player base being small without realizing that they are very similar in number nowadays...
I'm all for a split. I don't want to have to fight on eu servers with over 200 ping. I went to try and duel there and my blocks won't work with that lag :(
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2011, 07:48:52 am »
not to mention that i dont have any grudges against any EU players... i dont really know any EU players. I have lots of NA players id love to kick around in strat though! but if its a big NA alliance and a big EU alliance... then theres no room for any smaller factions to duke it out without getting wiped off the map.

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Infamy: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2011, 09:06:20 am »
i remember asking this on the old forums.... chadz says he enjoys the annoyance caused by NA/EU grouped together. IDK maybe his view changed, doubt it
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2011, 09:11:14 am »
I wouldn't mind a bigger map (more room to conqueror) and even choosing where to start. But I don't want a split between NA and EU. I like they way it is where defenders determine the server. You can find people who will fight when the battle is, or in the case of Fallen, always have people in a timezone that can play. NA and EU factions choosing to group up in areas together may not be a bad idea though.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2011, 09:45:15 am »
From all the discussion I'm seeing, I prefer the split continent idea.

But enable the trades between the continents through sea? So that cities with ports will have its unique value, thus adding more variety towards Strategus gameplay.

Of course... One step at a time, there's no need to add more stress onto the devs as they already have a lot in their hands, I believe.

Maybe they have mortgages and kids to take care of, which I could understand.

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2011, 05:13:25 pm »
I'm against a splitt cause it will splitt the community, NA and EU will not share anything.

EU will not make a big alliance, many Eu clans are at war each others.
I never understood why Na clan make a big alliance, they were scared by something, but Eu never attacked them because of bad ping.
Only LLKJ had the bollock to go by themself.

Offline JihadistMexican

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • God Bless
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2011, 08:03:12 pm »
The community is already split.  If the community was together in arms we would be playing in EU servers and having a blast no matter the ping. But were not are we? We have NA servers cause we don't want to play with 200+ ping.
I don't really care about Euros. Most of them aren't even on when I'm awake lol.  If their asleep and I'm awake we can't really have fun playing together. I think the community is just fine. And relating to what Brunch said, I don't think Euros have much of a community as they did before.  I would like the idea of making a poll of how many NA/EU players there are now who are active and how many of them would participate in Strat.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 08:04:24 pm by JihadistMexican »

Offline JihadistMexican

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • God Bless
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2011, 08:05:54 pm »
"not to mention that i dont have any grudges against any EU players... i dont really know any EU players. I have lots of NA players id love to kick around in strat though! but if its a big NA alliance and a big EU alliance... then theres no room for any smaller factions to duke it out without getting wiped off the map."

This ^