Author Topic: Split NA players from EU players.  (Read 14276 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: Split NA players from EU players.
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2011, 04:45:07 pm »
Players can participate in battles on both continents (if they get hired)

If so, there should be a tag on the recruitement page that shows if he belongs to the EU or NA continent, so you know if you're about to hire a high-pinger or a low-pinger.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline BD_Guard_Bane

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guards
  • Game nicks: BD_Guard_Bane
  • IRC nick: cmpxchg8b
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2011, 07:34:18 pm »
And please stop with that "It will split the NA and EU community even more!" stuff. That implies they were together once, outside of the forums.

Well, they were together once, before NA got a server. Also, plenty of clans have had a proportionate number of NA players as members.
I defended the village and all I got was this stupid title.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2011, 07:53:42 pm »
Once again, each one defend his own interest...
International clans want a single continent as they have worked to have multi continent members,
Single continent clans want to split the server cause they fear to be ineffective against the other one.

I'm not in a clan, and i have participated in NA and EU battles, both was funny, high ping was harder ofc, but with some training you can achieve to anticipate.

I don't see any problem to have only one continent, it adds strategy and tactic, it adds alliances NA/EU (not only on forum).
Strategus is on 24/24h, fief owners have to deal with it.

Btw, ofc 2 continents will split even more the community.

Offline Sharky

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Legione Italica
  • Game nicks: LEGIO_Sharkyborn_Sharkatron Legio_Lollia_Paolina Legio_Sharkatrower Legio_SharkaNukes
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2011, 02:59:24 am »
I'm surprised, i tough that this idea would get support from all players, i wonder how many of those who disagree had fight some of those wierd "120 eu players playing in a Na server" battles.

Name me only one action game that requires you to play on another continent server. There must be a reason there aren't. And don't tell me that you just need good diplomacy to be able to recruit mercs for every slot/hour, as showed by strat history and by my previous examples that is bs.

Also it's not true that most clan are multicontinental, they are just an handful. Those few clans will still have the same advantage, having the possiblity to have soldiers from their clan at every hour and to expand on two continents.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 03:03:09 am by Sharky »

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2011, 11:04:46 am »
I'm surprised, i tough that this idea would get support from all players, i wonder how many of those who disagree had fight some of those wierd "120 eu players playing in a Na server" battles.

Name me only one action game that requires you to play on another continent server. There must be a reason there aren't. And don't tell me that you just need good diplomacy to be able to recruit mercs for every slot/hour, as showed by strat history and by my previous examples that is bs.

Also it's not true that most clan are multicontinental, they are just an handful. Those few clans will still have the same advantage, having the possiblity to have soldiers from their clan at every hour and to expand on two continents.

It would split out 40 people of my community.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2011, 11:32:10 am »
i'm lost, what is the last suggestion?

if its just a new map design that will feature some continents (that will be maybe settled by the same timezoned clans) while you still can fight on both? than i'm down for it.

still i'm not sure if it will change much (like international clans like us or acre will still be using the advantage they got because of na player base). and pure NA or pure EU clans won't fight each other anyways (but this is the same like it was in strategus until now).

but of course we could use a better map after this beta is over. in the end i'm sure we will have one as the playerbase increased A LOT and the world is to crowdy.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2011, 01:21:09 pm »
Once again, each one defend his own interest...
International clans want a single continent as they have worked to have multi continent members,
Single continent clans want to split the server cause they fear to be ineffective against the other one.

I'm not in a clan, and i have participated in NA and EU battles, both was funny, high ping was harder ofc, but with some training you can achieve to anticipate.

I don't see any problem to have only one continent, it adds strategy and tactic, it adds alliances NA/EU (not only on forum).
Strategus is on 24/24h, fief owners have to deal with it.

Btw, ofc 2 continents will split even more the community.

Defending my own interest? Maybe my own interest as an individual player. I don't care about clans, as such, I just don't want to ever be in a situation where I have to think about fighting on the NA server, and I don't want to have to worry about being attacked at four AM if I happen to have NA players nearby. Sure, you can try to work around both of these problems, but the fact is I think either case detracts from my experience as a gamer, adding nothing. Maybe you enjoy that kind of thing, but you do it at the expense of the rest of us.
Don't.

Offline Sharky

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Legione Italica
  • Game nicks: LEGIO_Sharkyborn_Sharkatron Legio_Lollia_Paolina Legio_Sharkatrower Legio_SharkaNukes
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2011, 03:43:49 pm »
i'm lost, what is the last suggestion?

if its just a new map design that will feature some continents (that will be maybe settled by the same timezoned clans) while you still can fight on both? than i'm down for it.

still i'm not sure if it will change much (like international clans like us or acre will still be using the advantage they got because of na player base). and pure NA or pure EU clans won't fight each other anyways (but this is the same like it was in strategus until now).

but of course we could use a better map after this beta is over. in the end i'm sure we will have one as the playerbase increased A LOT and the world is to crowdy.
My first idea was just to split NA from EU, but since there are Multinational clans and probably the effort to manage two strategus would be too much for lazy chadz, i proposed creating a new map with two continents, one with Eu timezone and another with NA. We will still be able to fight other continents battles, and go to both continents ofc.
Not a big change really, but it will make less likely to have an open na vs eu war, that isn't nice.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 03:47:00 pm by Sharky »

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2011, 06:39:05 pm »
Before my long break I used to play on NA servers quite often with other fallen but that's pretty much the only reason I played there.

It sux to play with high ping - it's frustrating but then a lot of things were in strategus and you just got used to it.

I would say there's enough NA players to have their own strategus.

I wouldnt really want to split with my clan-mates though and who is going to fight for us when we have a 5/6/7/8am battle?

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2011, 07:24:37 pm »
I wouldnt really want to split with my clan-mates though and who is going to fight for us when we have a 5/6/7/8am battle?
They are still free to fight on EU servers, they dont get banished.
I suggest a nighttime, during which no timeslots for battles are open. Maybe for the 8am battle you need an alarm clock, but the other ones shouldnt be possible

Offline panderson

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The White Company
  • Game nicks: Pandersonsonsonsonson_WCo
  • IRC nick: Panderson
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2011, 01:51:29 am »
System works as is.  No change is needed. 

If someone wants to try to fight us off peak, we will merc out as much as we can.  If we don't win, then we'll take it back on their off peak.

There were plenty of prime time battles.  It doesn't behoove either side to fight off peak hours (you still need to get your own ppl to be there to fight it), but if one side can pull it off, then they deserve it.

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2011, 02:50:11 am »
My current idea would be:
2 calradias, players can chose on which they spawn, and freely travel between them with ships.
EU continent forces EU server and has EU-nighttime(no battles, less speed on the map), NA continent the NA server and NA-nighttime. If you are a masochistic one, you are free to play on the other continent, but you won't be able to force your server on them.

If you have a mixed clan, you either take coastal regions on both continents, or a part of your playerbase has to suck it up and always play on foreign server. Not that different from the current situation, if you currently have 50% NA and 50% EU players, 50% of your players always fight on the wrong server anyways.

This, this, please implement this!
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2011, 08:51:04 am »
So, where is the fun in playing at impossible hours, with impossible pings?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzZ-Mgi1My4

Offline kastellan

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CotgS - Children of the green Sun
  • Game nicks: CotgS_Kastellan
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2011, 09:49:22 pm »