Author Topic: why do native players hate crpg?  (Read 16254 times)

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
Re: why do native players hate crpg?
« Reply #150 on: August 28, 2013, 01:17:45 am »
lol
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:42:53 pm by Shemaforash »
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #151 on: August 28, 2013, 01:18:38 am »
It is only possible to get high-tier armor in Native battle if the round limits are set way too high (or the starting gold is).

Like we all know and like Ive said. Armor doenst mean shit if your a pleb at blocking and fighting  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2013, 01:37:02 am »
as for native being better for competitive play... imagine if all the fighting games for console were released with exactly one character. smash bros with only mario... tekken with only the leopard dude... DoA with only one giant boob chick... mortal kombat with just liu kang... and so on. do you think those games would have any success if they didn't have huge varied rosters to keep things interesting? sure having only one character for everyone to play would be as fair as can be... but it would also be boring and a lot less challenging to master. The more variables the more learning you have to do.

That's what most fighting games end up being at highly competitive levels anyway. Almost all characters become obsolete as players gain knowledge of the game.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2013, 01:42:51 am »
+4
^Not necessarily. Most fighting games have a good 6-10 characters+ to watch out for. The best players for the character also helps determine how good that character is as long as the frame data isn't too poor. Often times, discoveries are made or techniques are perfected that help propel lower tier characters since they can better use their strengths or overcome their weaknesses.

Does native have much going for it as far as different builds/weapons are concerned? Do you get looked down upon for using other weapons? I know ManOWar was using a 1h in a native tournament a while back, but cloth and greatsword only doesn't sound too intriguing to me. It's fun dealing with the stat and gear differences people have in cRPG.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #154 on: August 28, 2013, 01:49:27 am »
Does native have much going for it as far as different builds/weapons are concerned? Do you get looked down upon for using other weapons? I know ManOWar was using a 1h in a native tournament a while back, but cloth and greatsword only doesn't sound too intriguing to me. It's fun dealing with the stat and gear differences people have in cRPG.
You're free to use any weapon you want, but most of the weapons are not nearly as good for 1v1 combat as the greatsword. People generally won't accept duels if you're using anything beyond the default armor.

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #155 on: August 28, 2013, 02:22:17 am »
+5
Another one of these threads. I think you see hate for both though depending on where you play for whatever reason, I enjoy both for different reasons.

Most native public servers are definitely much lower skill level then cRPG servers, there are often people who don't really play regularly and just hop into multiplayer once in a while and they don't really have incentive to put in the hours like you do in cRPG so they just get destroyed. In cRPG there is this grind element that keeps you playing and just to level up and get somewhat competitive in the servers you have to invest a certain amount of time grinding and you will improve at least somewhat while doing it. Native "elitist" attitude probably comes from that most people who regularly play multiplayer in native don't focus on grinding, they play to improve and for competition instead of levels and gold hence the higher skill level at the top.

/// Also lol at Matey/Anders posts about native duelling, result of trying to comment on something you don't have any idea about.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 02:32:51 am by Cyber »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #156 on: August 28, 2013, 03:58:05 am »
+1
/// Also lol at Matey/Anders posts about native duelling, result of trying to comment on something you don't have any idea about.

Wanted to make a comment, deleted it and just decided to put this here:  8-) :mrgreen:

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 28, 2013, 04:28:24 pm »
There should be 2 seperate discussion for native. Dueling and Team/competitive playing. The two are so different. Dueling Is such a shit fest on native. No armor, feint fests. Flip the coin, though and there we have something to discuss when it comes to competitve games.

(click to show/hide)

we tried, it was an easy, abusable joke.

either get everyone packing a crossbow and 70 body armour with a str build + 2h/polearm + tankcav or work around abusing the hell out of whatever rules they put in to stop this abuse

cRPG pub play is about abusing the game to the max to win, competitive play in general is about abusing the game to the max to win, combine those 2 and it's just an abuse of the system fest ... very little skill if everyone's running around in tin can with STR builds just spamming their OP kick button to get all their kills. (welcome to competitive cRPG play, 90% of kills from spam/kicks).

native clan matches work so well because there are discernible roles; you're either an archer, a cavalry, or a spearman/thrower with 1h - depending on the map (competitive not public, on pub most people go archer), take too many of any class = free loss - because there are discernible roles, the system is very hard to abuse

also, throwing out a facepalm at the first person that says "herder crossbowmen in native can fight as well as infantrymen". they have like 2 powerstrike
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:33:21 pm by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #158 on: August 28, 2013, 04:31:33 pm »
+2
we tried, it was an easy, abusable joke.

either get everyone packing a crossbow and 70 body armour with a str build + 2h/polearm + tankcav or work around abusing the hell out of whatever rules they put in to stop this abuse

cRPG pub play is about abusing the game to the max to win, competitive play in general is about abusing the game to the max to win, combine those 2 and it's just an abuse of the system fest ... very little skill if everyone's running around in tin can with STR builds just spamming their OP kick button to get all their kills. (welcome to competitive cRPG play, 90% of kills from spam/kicks).

Ok i might agree with that. But tell me than what do you think is fair and what is actually skill in crpg ? and who has skills ?

From your point of view we are all noobs and abuseres and we dont know to play

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2013, 04:36:09 pm »
Ok i might agree with that. But tell me than what do you think is fair and what is actually skill in crpg ? and who has skills ?

From your point of view we are all noobs and abuseres and we dont know to play

i think there is very little skill in cRPG, i think the only real skill you can have in this game (because it's so slow), is awareness

average fighting skills will easily see you through beating most people in cRPG, beyond that it's down too stats (level, armour, weapon), and most of all the fighting comes down to spam and kick abuse

the fact that i think cRPG is a low skill requirement game doesn't mean i don't think it is fun however :) :) i definitely enjoy playing it
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 28, 2013, 04:59:38 pm »
+1
I love how people are arguing about skill levels and hatred in an obscure video game as if it matters at all.

Nerds will be nerds.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 28, 2013, 05:03:30 pm »
+6
I love how people are arguing about skill levels and hatred in an obscure video game as if it matters at all.

Nerds will be nerds.

Yes, we should talk about important things like the VMAs.

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 28, 2013, 05:25:59 pm »
+1
Yes, we should talk about important things like the VMAs.

I never suggested the VMAs anywhere. The fact that you did just seems like you want to.

(click to show/hide)

Offline theawesomenoob

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • poppin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • Game nicks: wK_oodle ; Honeydew_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Honeydew
« Reply #163 on: August 28, 2013, 05:50:52 pm »
Like we all know and like Ive said. Armor doenst mean shit if your a pleb at blocking and fighting  :P
I do agree with this, but i find myself hitting someone more then 4 times and then getting hit once and getting killed because of 1 fail block.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 28, 2013, 06:05:59 pm »
+2
cRPG is good because of the variety it offers, not for the perfect game balance. Because we all know it is near to impossible to maintain a balance between so many playstyles.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D