Author Topic: why do native players hate crpg?  (Read 15689 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: why do native players hate crpg?
« Reply #165 on: August 28, 2013, 07:01:21 pm »
yeah uh i laughed pretty hard at that bit.
the average native dueler is ten times better than the average cRPG dueler.

I did too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 28, 2013, 07:06:24 pm »
I never suggested the VMAs anywhere. The fact that you did just seems like you want to.

(click to show/hide)

I am merely suggesting that questioning why people talk about virtually anything is pointless. People talk about even the most ridiculous subjects, so why not cRPG and Native.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #167 on: August 28, 2013, 11:36:03 pm »
+1
There should be 2 seperate discussion for native. Dueling and Team/competitive playing. The two are so different. Dueling Is such a shit fest on native. No armor, feint fests. Flip the coin, though and there we have something to discuss when it comes to competitve games.

(click to show/hide)

There's a few problems with that:
cRPG has neither a very active duel nor a clan match scene.
Good cRPG clans have tons of stored looms and additional levels, putting a new clan coming from native at a serious disadvantage unless they either grind for 1000h or make a special agreement.
I personally don't even know if native clans still exist but in any case clans from cRPG trying out native is the far less painful way.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #168 on: August 29, 2013, 03:38:46 am »
+1
we tried, it was an easy, abusable joke.

either get everyone packing a crossbow and 70 body armour with a str build + 2h/polearm + tankcav or work around abusing the hell out of whatever rules they put in to stop this abuse

cRPG pub play is about abusing the game to the max to win, competitive play in general is about abusing the game to the max to win, combine those 2 and it's just an abuse of the system fest ... very little skill if everyone's running around in tin can with STR builds just spamming their OP kick button to get all their kills. (welcome to competitive cRPG play, 90% of kills from spam/kicks).

native clan matches work so well because there are discernible roles; you're either an archer, a cavalry, or a spearman/thrower with 1h - depending on the map (competitive not public, on pub most people go archer), take too many of any class = free loss - because there are discernible roles, the system is very hard to abuse

also, throwing out a facepalm at the first person that says "herder crossbowmen in native can fight as well as infantrymen". they have like 2 powerstrike

Hm...Sounds like a bad problem. To bad you can't actually do that, unless it's a Hunting Xbow.

Also, btw, Crpg is actually faster, in most cases, than native for weapon speeds. So native is in fact slower game, but servers often(the competitive ones) set speeds to FASTEST(or Fast, whatever that setting actually is) and leave the Pub ones at Medium. At least, on most servers I played on, though that's limited mainly to NA servers.

Also, try having a balanced team in crpg(mixed melee/ranged) versus your 2h/xbow wielders. You will lose. Same thing with pub play. Stacking a class is a sure way to lose, even in crpg.(Proven multiple times. Only range(archers)  seems to not be affectedas much by stacking one unit style.)

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #169 on: August 29, 2013, 03:48:40 am »
+2
Also, btw, Crpg is actually faster, in most cases, than native for weapon speeds. So native is in fact slower game, but servers often(the competitive ones) set speeds to FASTEST(or Fast, whatever that setting actually is) and leave the Pub ones at Medium. At least, on most servers I played on, though that's limited mainly to NA servers.

this, native really does feel slower
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #170 on: August 29, 2013, 03:59:03 am »
+1
this, native really does feel slower

For proof:
http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/what%27s-with-blocking/msg666661/#msg666661
Combat speed
Nditions: medium
cRPG: medium

Weapon speed
Nditions: 98 (Bastard Sword)
cRPG: 101 (Bastard Sword, not loomed)

Effective WPF
Nditions: 130 (Swadian Infantry, cloth)
cRPG: 163 (18/21 build, cloth)

Yes, that is so much slower. Have you considered not using a Greatsword maybe?

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 29, 2013, 02:00:18 pm »
For proof:
http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/what%27s-with-blocking/msg666661/#msg666661

i'm sorry i don't mean to be rude, but you just don't know what you're talking about

cRPG is just definitely slower (with exception to agi build bastard sword, heavy bastard sword & longsword)

and every competitive match i've ever played, has been on medium speed servers, and is definitely faster than cRPG
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #172 on: August 29, 2013, 02:49:46 pm »
All I know is in melee I can do average - decent in native. We all know how bad I am at it in crpg.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 29, 2013, 03:04:28 pm »
+4
"native is slower" lmao.

Seriously, I am basically a fan of both native and cRPG (equally), but the amount of wrong statements about native in this thread is beyond hilarious. Not to say it would be any different if native players posted about cRPG, but still.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 03:08:47 pm by Vibe »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #174 on: August 29, 2013, 04:00:40 pm »
i'm sorry i don't mean to be rude, but you just don't know what you're talking about

cRPG is just definitely slower (with exception to agi build bastard sword, heavy bastard sword & longsword)

and every competitive match i've ever played, has been on medium speed servers, and is definitely faster than cRPG

Lawl. Crpg plays on medium too. Stop trying to say native is faster. In that thread, CMP disproved you THERE too, and I'm bringing it BACK to show that you are STILL wrong. Native is not faster than crpg.

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 29, 2013, 04:40:22 pm »
That ... depends.

First of all, its silly to talk about 'skill' in a plain video game where 'skill' is about 60 % internet connection,  and maybe 30 % autisticly pushing buttons and only 10 % experience and reading your opponent (to foresee what he will do as his next step and use it against him).

Next, native and crpg are very different, almost two completely different games now.

But, its not native or crpg players, many play both.

The stereotype crpg player (hiding in heavy armor, using s-key (and sometimes e) and spamming a polearm or two-hander would probably do good in a public native death match, but would be practically useless in a serious match on the top level.

To sum it up, average skill level in crpg is higher, but the top level in native is a different world.

Its just different.

Tactical level is definately higher in native,

also, you cant stand on s-key and stay out of reach,

you need some good blocking skills,

and, most important, you need to be a master of shield when you want to be a warrior.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 29, 2013, 04:58:37 pm »
+1
Lawl. Crpg plays on medium too. Stop trying to say native is faster. In that thread, CMP disproved you THERE too, and I'm bringing it BACK to show that you are STILL wrong. Native is not faster than crpg.

It is, swings are a lot more predictable here, and thats where the uneding block duels come from.

Offline Michael

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 29, 2013, 05:00:27 pm »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #178 on: August 29, 2013, 05:06:02 pm »
+5
LOL michael...

3 good shielders going up against a good 2her, the 3 shielders are likely going to win 9 out of 10 times in crpg.  You're either terrible or talking out of your ass.

When I'm on foot with my 1h sword and shield in CRPG I attack people with polearms and 2h all the time, even people with axes.  You don't know what you're talking about and are making very broad (and inaccurate) generalizations.

Nice light saber you got there, maybe if you weren't so retarded you wouldn't have such a negative reputation. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Michael

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 29, 2013, 05:06:36 pm »
It is, swings are a lot more predictable here, and thats where the uneding block duels come from.

I had 1h-sword duels of 5 minutes and longer in native...........havent seen anything similiar in crpg, in the first place because every effective crpg hero is running away from parry duel. s and e key
and then they qq about v.

Greatsword-Noobery is more horrible in native, though.