Author Topic: why do native players hate crpg?  (Read 16258 times)

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
Re: why do native players hate crpg?
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2013, 09:59:13 am »
+1
When a native player comes to crpg, gets some experiance in, gets some items, thinks its as easy as native, and then

(click to show/hide)

easier than native :)
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2013, 12:19:15 pm »
+4
Native duelling is balanced, quite interesting and has lots of extremely skilled players. cRPG duelling is interesting in other aspects but the fact that it is uneven holds the competitive scene back (I wouldn't trade anything for it though, as uneven duels are much more varied and fun). Native battle/siege is a rangefest and pub servers are populated by noobs and tools. The average cRPG player is going to absolutely rape on those servers, just like any experienced player.

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2013, 03:33:58 pm »
I think you might be clinically retarded

And when I started out on native I found archery to be a complete joke, it wasn't even that hard. All I did was click and release. Then Boom Headshot. Also I found out how well your team did, depended on what faction your team was.
yo
i would greentext here so hard. but you'll probably not get it.

so uh.
stop being autistic and get a sense of humour.
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2013, 04:23:14 pm »
+3
yo
i would greentext here so hard. but you'll probably not get it.

so uh.
stop being autistic and get a sense of humour.
You have autism.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2013, 05:01:21 pm »
You have autism.
He proprably can't help it though.

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #140 on: August 27, 2013, 09:33:41 pm »
He proprably can't help it though.

Generally people with a condition such as his doesnt know what is funny and what isn't funny; its like a troll trying to hard.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #141 on: August 27, 2013, 09:38:23 pm »

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #142 on: August 27, 2013, 10:07:49 pm »
When a native player comes to crpg, gets some experiance in, gets some items, thinks its as easy as native, and then

(click to show/hide)

That's not making sense. The only difference is going to lvl 30 to be as good as anyone else by stats, at the same time you just need to get used to crpg stuff (ie. slower weapons and get used to your own build and the fact that everyone has different stats). There's not much behind it actually.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #143 on: August 27, 2013, 10:36:30 pm »
+2
Native duelling is balanced, quite interesting and has lots of extremely skilled players. cRPG duelling is interesting in other aspects but the fact that it is uneven holds the competitive scene back (I wouldn't trade anything for it though, as uneven duels are much more varied and fun). Native battle/siege is a rangefest and pub servers are populated by noobs and tools. The average cRPG player is going to absolutely rape on those servers, just like any experienced player.

Native dueling is ridiculously boring. everyone is in no armour with a 2h and having seizure fits (sometimes confused with feinting). The fights all end in 1-2 hits and even when both duelists are really skilled you will hardly see any blocking because they are putting all their effort into faking each other out with feints. I was in there not long ago and I did meh with the 2h no armour thing everyone else did but i tried trolling a bit with hoplite and was winning duels, I also was winning duels pretty consistently with 1h/shield (of course i got insulted for using a shield).

Basically... Native duelists are only the best at no armour 2h feint-fests. To be a good duelist in cRPG you have to be able to do so so so much more than just feint wildly with a 2h otherwise you will get shut down hard by shielders or guys with enough armour to take some chances.

as for native being better for competitive play... imagine if all the fighting games for console were released with exactly one character. smash bros with only mario... tekken with only the leopard dude... DoA with only one giant boob chick... mortal kombat with just liu kang... and so on. do you think those games would have any success if they didn't have huge varied rosters to keep things interesting? sure having only one character for everyone to play would be as fair as can be... but it would also be boring and a lot less challenging to master. The more variables the more learning you have to do.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 10:40:17 pm by Matey »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #144 on: August 27, 2013, 10:44:45 pm »
Native dueling is ridiculously boring. everyone is in no armour with a 2h and having seizure fits (sometimes confused with feinting). The fights all end in 1-2 hits and even when both duelists are really skilled you will hardly see any blocking because they are putting all their effort into faking each other out with feints. I was in there not long ago and I did meh with the 2h no armour thing everyone else did but i tried trolling a bit with hoplite and was winning duels, I also was winning duels pretty consistently with 1h/shield (of course i got insulted for using a shield).

Basically... Native duelists are only the best at no armour 2h feint-fests. To be a good duelist in cRPG you have to be able to do so so so much more than just feint wildly with a 2h otherwise you will get shut down hard by shielders or guys with enough armour to take some chances.

There should be 2 seperate discussion for native. Dueling and Team/competitive playing. The two are so different. Dueling Is such a shit fest on native. No armor, feint fests. Flip the coin, though and there we have something to discuss when it comes to competitve games.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #145 on: August 27, 2013, 11:18:40 pm »
I agree Anders, I'd love if some of these native clans came and checked out crpg.

Haven't some already done that?  I feel like occationally a new clan pops up in crpg and apparently its some group from native...or another mod.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #146 on: August 27, 2013, 11:22:10 pm »
+1
I agree Anders, I'd love if some of these native clans came and checked out crpg.

Haven't some already done that?  I feel like occationally a new clan pops up in crpg and apparently its some group from native...or another mod.

TKoV came here from native as did 3rd_RL. I don't know 3rd_RL's story as much but I know TKoV were very successful in native clan matches but it definitely took them some adjusting to get used to cRPG; they did adjust though and have been quite successful here too! mayhaps some of them can opine in this thread about the clan battle topic and other comparisons.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #147 on: August 28, 2013, 12:21:26 am »
+5
Native dueling is ridiculously boring. everyone is in no armour with a 2h and having seizure fits (sometimes confused with feinting). The fights all end in 1-2 hits and even when both duelists are really skilled you will hardly see any blocking because they are putting all their effort into faking each other out with feints.
'Hardly see any blocking' is such a gross misrepresentation of native duel, that I can only imagine you joined a server full of new players.

Feints are certainly effective in native, but I would say that is a point in its favor. Every single feint can still be consistently blocked with practice.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #148 on: August 28, 2013, 01:03:55 am »
+2
That's not making sense. The only difference is going to lvl 30 to be as good as anyone else by stats, at the same time you just need to get used to crpg stuff (ie. slower weapons and get used to your own build and the fact that everyone has different stats). There's not much behind it actually.

Babydick (you dont know him) yelled at me for this earlier. People just say because your allowed to get whatever armor you want, whether that be high tier/tanky armor, that they are unstoppable and they can just tear through everyone. At least thats what everyone in natives logic seems like. But as Ive said before, if you suck, you suck. Doesnt matter how much armor you have. If you cant block or do advanced fighting techniques then all that armor does you no good.

Also you can get just as high as armor in native, you just have to work for it in that match. If your a pleb and dont have enough money to get to that higher tier stuff, your own fualt.

Im not saying "OMG NEWB QUIT, UNINSTALL, RAGE QUIT IRL" kind of deal, because I hope everyone can improve their game on whatever mod they play on. I just think the overall "skill" level of your average crpg player is better than native. While native has some great "duelists". I think duels are pointless anyway, at least from a competitive stand point IMO. The only reason for dueling for me is to improve on fundamentals. Other than that its a lot of spazzy, swampass, dumpsternerds that care too much about their e-peen, only care about winning, and get butthurt when they lose and like to say "spammer, skey, stupid lol-stab, broken weapon, etc, etc".

TL:DR
(click to show/hide)

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #149 on: August 28, 2013, 01:07:39 am »
Also you can get just as high as armor in native, you just have to work for it in that match. If your a pleb and dont have enough money to get to that higher tier stuff, your own fualt.
It is only possible to get high-tier armor in Native battle if the round limits are set way too high (or the starting gold is).