0 Damage Reports: Good or Bad

Good
71 (38.2%)
Bad
94 (50.5%)
Can't tell yet.
21 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: 0 Damage Reporting: Good thing or Not?  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: 0 Damage Reporting: Good thing or Not?
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2013, 01:57:06 pm »
+5
I don't care if I know someone, if you wanna say hello put your weapon up or type it in the chat like a normal person. There's only so much kicking, nudging, punching etc that I will put up with until I start spamming ctrl + m because I want to play the game not be involved in some round start wank fest that all the neckbeards think is cool.

I don't ever report anything accidental unless it's someone who has "accidentally" wounded me and other team mates multiple times, because they need to learn to not be so careless.

Sure, this system has negatives, sometimes I'm trying to get out of spawn without bumping anyone on my horse and someone runs into my path or spawns in my bump radius and it only knocks them a little ( like not to the ground, just that little stun ) and they can report, but it doesn't happen often enough to bother me. I feel the positives for me personally outweigh the negatives though, now I can report all the nerds who think touching up their team mates at the start of the round is some cool c-rpg ritual.

Don't like it? stop punching, kicking and nudging team mates then.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2013, 06:13:43 pm »
What ? On which server were you playing ?
That's exactly why it's been implemented in the first place. You can report people kicking/nudging/interrupting you when reloading, aiming, whatever. The fact that you can't would mean you were in an "old" server.

Nope. Nudge reports are on, but I've seen where it hasn't been reportable. I suspect it is a specific nudge, but haven't had time to look into it.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2013, 06:24:15 pm »
+1
Even 0 damage can get you killed. Just stuns you for an enemy

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
  • Renown: 663
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Chris
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2013, 07:04:40 pm »
+1
Urist: - changed teamhit reporting so that only 0 damage kicks, punches and nudges are reportable but no weapon bounces

I think that helped it abit?
Bros never die!

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2013, 07:22:32 pm »
+1
they need to fix being nudged while aiming a xbow. If your teammate nudges you while you are aiming it knocks you down and you can not report thyem at all. I had someone doing that to me and its really a huge pain in the ass.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2013, 10:14:56 pm »
Good, as it allows reports on the people who "V" key everyone...

Though to be perfectly honest I press M maybe once every week or three.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2013, 10:50:24 pm »
What ? On which server were you playing ?
That's exactly why it's been implemented in the first place. You can report people kicking/nudging/interrupting you when reloading, aiming, whatever. The fact that you can't would mean you were in an "old" server.
na-1
na-3
CANT report while aiming
CANT report while reloading(last time i tested was last week-maybe a bit before that but definitely after it was implemented)

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2013, 11:10:56 pm »
+5
Personally I think it's great, I make a hobby of reporting all the love-taps I get from friends and clanmates. :P
Don't.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2013, 01:55:44 pm »
Bad poll is bad. There is a wide variety to the different types of 0 damage hits and they are not all created equal. You may as well make a poll asking if breathing is bad without making a distinction between breathing air, water, vacuum, weed smoke, crack pipe smoke, forest fire smoke, etc, etc.

Finally there is some guy on this forums able to make a proper poll with a clear question and simple answers without any opinions or bullshit included and you are nit-picking because he didn't explain the obvious. Best thing is your example is perfectly showing that it doesn't need further explanation. When you talk about breathing without adding more information everybody just assumes you mean air because it is the most logical thing. When he is talking about changes to 0-damage reports everybody just assumes he refers to the most recent changes.

Also the therm breathing refers to the process of respiration, which you can't without "air".

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2013, 04:37:47 pm »
+1
Personally I think it's great, I make a hobby of reporting all the love-taps I get from friends and clanmates. :P
It's true. Every time I slap him on the ass he reports me.

Also, when I hit him ingame he ctrl+m's me.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2013, 05:37:02 pm »
Finally there is some guy on this forums able to make a proper poll with a clear question and simple answers without any opinions or bullshit included and you are nit-picking because he didn't explain the obvious. Best thing is your example is perfectly showing that it doesn't need further explanation. When you talk about breathing without adding more information everybody just assumes you mean air because it is the most logical thing. When he is talking about changes to 0-damage reports everybody just assumes he refers to the most recent changes.

Also the therm breathing refers to the process of respiration, which you can't without "air".

(click to show/hide)

You are wrong. There is a difference between intentional actions like nudges, kicks, and punches, and the unintentional glances and overheads in a scrum that will whiff on a teammate for 0 damage, and all of them are recent changes.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2013, 06:48:39 pm »
+2
Bad? I'm asking about 0 Damage reporting. All of it. Before this, you couldn't report nudges, punches, light horsebumps, etc. Now you can.

And they ARE all equal. not a one does any damage.

No they aren't. 0 damage punches don't stagger. Kicks and nugdes do.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2013, 05:05:22 pm »
There should be a distinction between nudging/kicking and 0 damage swings. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Rextard

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Rextard, Rextardero, CornstablePonyGaper, CornporalCannonFodder
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2013, 10:49:48 am »
Two melee assholes did this to me in NA DTV just a little while ago. I was trying to setup to shoot at the waves as they appeared. Time and again, for whatever douchebag reason they had, they'd surround me and wait for me to keep getting knocked down from touching them or nudging me, and let me die to the mobs, then fight. So, anyone can grief any allied ranged character they want into leaving, essentially, any server they want.

Reporting one person for that could take as much as five 3 wave rounds. Reporting more is stupid hard, because if they time two knockdowns close enough, and you're trying to play, not focus on reporting griefers, they can ensure you're screwed and only get one report between them. The report only works on the last person to have done anything.

Games should be fun, not give people license to completely waste others' time.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 11:19:40 am by Rextard »

Offline RobertOfDrugsley

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ANGST
  • Game nicks: ANGST_Robert_of_Drugsley, ANGST_Waldorph_the_Salad, ANGST_Monkey_Fling_Poo
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2013, 02:27:35 pm »
I think it's a good option to have. Significantly cuts down on RAAAAAWTF cavalry knocking over half the team's infantry to get to their ordained waiting positions. I feared it'd ruin the friendly punching between people, but I still get smacked in the face with a shield every once in a while.

The text could do with a bit of changing though - iirc it states that you've been damaged when "hit" would be more accurate.
I find the idea of defending someone who isn't been violently raped unacceptable on moral grounds.