0 Damage Reports: Good or Bad

Good
71 (38.2%)
Bad
94 (50.5%)
Can't tell yet.
21 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: 0 Damage Reporting: Good thing or Not?  (Read 2755 times)

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
Re: 0 Damage Reporting: Good thing or Not?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 10:51:19 pm »
+1
I still haven't heard a reason as to why it's bad to be able to report punch/kick/nudge. Anyone care to elaborate?

There was this guy earlier today in siege who blocked a narrow passage, and when you moved him out of the way, he reported you.
There is a guy who does not realise enemies are coming from behind, I kick/nudge him to warn him, he reports me, then dies.

That is one of the ways people are already finding of abusing it.

I personally do not like it.

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 10:55:31 pm »
Those two cases are far outweighed by people who abuse the punch/kick/nudge system in the first place. Anything that exists in the world, people will find ways of abusing. Dicks are dicks.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 11:09:30 pm »
What I don't get it why were even able to nudge teamates, if its considered "griefing" and reportable.

Why not just make it so you can no longer nudge teammates?  like in DTV.

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 11:30:47 pm »
Where does that leave punches and kicks? Or team hits of any type for that matter. If you can do it, you can do it do team mates seems to be the direction of the game. Problem is then you're left with human judgement as to how to use it. So you create measures to help alleviate the situation, such as being able to report griefing attacks of any type, or as many as possible. Point in my mind is, if you're fucking around with friends then you have nothing to worry about, presumably. If you're fucking around with randoms and they're not into it, why not have a way of persuading you not to? Otherwise all the power is on one side with no repercussion. Being able to report grief strikes evens things out a bit.

Offline Equal

• Earl
  • Renown: 344
  • Infamy: 24
  • Secretly not gay
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Equal
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 11:56:59 pm »
+2
I'm waiting for someone to start walking into these glances and reporting, I imagine it would be pretty easy if you singled someone to get them kicked from the server (as long as they kept playing normally).

And there you have it, griefing people by getting griefed. Great game we got here

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2013, 12:04:22 am »
What I don't get it why were even able to nudge teamates, if its considered "griefing" and reportable.

Why not just make it so you can no longer nudge teammates?  like in DTV.

because I have to nudge my dummy archer teammates who decide that the ladder is the best place to stand and shoot the melee enemies

Offline Tactical_One

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Anatman, Neopagan
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2013, 12:16:11 am »
Definetly good thing. Actually i play crpg for so long only becouse here are many good players , and most of them are intrested in objectives (Cap flag for example). Still there are some ppl who are unable to hit enemies so they need to nudge or kick team mates. Im simply glad to raport them. Every intentional th should be reported.

I know some ppl like being kicked or punched :) thy simply won't raport.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2013, 02:11:39 am »
+4
my old friends like you ruin dtv mode i punch ppl to say hello but boom reported! why the fuck my old friends? did you died? did your hp decreased? no because you are my old friend you born my old friend and you became more my old friend and you are gonna be the my old friendgest person in the world thats it

(click to show/hide)
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Heibai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Traps aren't gay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems I guess
  • Game nicks: Heibai
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2013, 05:44:26 am »
my old friends like you ruin dtv mode i punch ppl to say hello but boom reported! why the fuck my old friends? did you died? did your hp decreased? no because you are my old friend you born my old friend and you became more my old friend and you are gonna be the my old friendgest person in the world thats it

Well, 1. too bad you can't answer me anymore, 2. are you trying to hide your gay secrets or something like that? 3. "did your hp decreased? no.." yes I do, not because I'm a my old friend, because when I can report someone there must be at least 1 dmg done, so that means people can't report you when you're punching them without hurting them. You can notice it on the animation and the scream sound btw.

Edit, and sorry, but people like you just make me sick, the reason maybe is that you insulted 6 times as a my old friend in two rows..
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 06:05:18 am by Heibai »
I hope you die IRL. What kind of fucking build is that?!

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2013, 06:12:59 am »
+3
They added this because we peasants are uprising against armor crutching foe. Sure, heavy gauntlet punches did no damage to you anders, because you're a frothing at the mouth neckbeard. Kicks and punches did damage to us low armor wearers. I can see the laughter spittle falling in small droplets onto your unkempt neckbeard as you watch people in full plate corner a peasant (on the same team mind you) and continue to beat, kick, punch, and mentally abuse my peasants.

I will report every filthy try hard neckbeard I can with this new reporting tool, as I see fit.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2013, 06:29:06 am »
They added this because we peasants are uprising against armor crutching foe. Sure, heavy gauntlet punches did no damage to you anders, because you're a frothing at the mouth neckbeard. Kicks and punches did damage to us low armor wearers. I can see the laughter spittle falling in small droplets onto your unkempt neckbeard as you watch people in full plate corner a peasant (on the same team mind you) and continue to beat, kick, punch, and mentally abuse my peasants.

I will report every filthy try hard neckbeard I can with this new reporting tool, as I see fit.

The fuk you smoking? To much Hayfever I guess... Everything does damage to me. Other than my Lamellar Vest, I don't carry much armor.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2013, 06:30:29 am »
+1

Damnit guys, the peasants are getting riled again, time to Putem down  :lol:
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2013, 07:04:24 am »
+2
Bad because it fails in the only form it would be good for-when ranged is griefed. Ive been nudged a number of times when I was reloading my xbow and there is no report option.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2013, 11:54:00 am »
Bad because it fails in the only form it would be good for-when ranged is griefed. Ive been nudged a number of times when I was reloading my xbow and there is no report option.

What ? On which server were you playing ?
That's exactly why it's been implemented in the first place. You can report people kicking/nudging/interrupting you when reloading, aiming, whatever. The fact that you can't would mean you were in an "old" server.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
  • Renown: 663
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Chris
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2013, 12:26:17 pm »

Things like greeting people you know, teammates friends etc you can fist, but people who you dont know will see this as annoying disturbing shit and after some hits they will report you to show they dont want it.
For me it was always great to use the ingame chat options like [Hello] and [No].

You gotta understand both sides of the fight  :wink:
Bros never die!