Author Topic: Valor Reworking  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Valor Reworking
« on: August 04, 2013, 08:13:24 pm »
+1
Valor system is fubar. It needs to be more random with the top players and not only reward the mega 2h gangster who's outscoring everybody by 100. Current valor system is not friendly for team-play. Valor supports Rambo.
Jackson And No Bank

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
Re: Valor Reworking
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 08:15:41 pm »
+11
look up valour in a dictionary dude

"A reward for screaming teenagers with parkinson and huge butter knifes"

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 08:49:54 pm »
+1
Valor system is fubar. It needs to be more random with the top players and not only reward the mega 2h gangster who's outscoring everybody by 100. Current valor system is not friendly for team-play. Valor supports Rambo.

The entire current reward system needs to change. Multiplier is too frustrating, valor is too boolean (guy with 80 points that round gets valor, but the guy with 79 points gets nothing?).

We need a progressive reward system that encourages teamplay/focusing on objectives, yet handicaps gear/level/skill differences. i.e. if a lvl 14 peasant with no looms kills a lvl 34 in full looms, they should get a massive reward. But killing peasants shouldn't have any reward.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 09:11:36 pm »
+1
Valor ?

Oh, that system that rewards HA with arrows doing 1dmg to an armored horse, and shooting it 40 times in a round, being useless.
Why does it need reworking, i don't understand ?
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 09:25:37 pm »
+2
It actually is more favorable for shielders than any other class.  (If played right)

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 06:39:26 pm »
The entire current reward system needs to change. Multiplier is too frustrating, valor is too boolean (guy with 80 points that round gets valor, but the guy with 79 points gets nothing?).

We need a progressive reward system that encourages teamplay/focusing on objectives, yet handicaps gear/level/skill differences. i.e. if a lvl 14 peasant with no looms kills a lvl 34 in full looms, they should get a massive reward. But killing peasants shouldn't have any reward.

That's how it used to be and it used to cause some big tk problems i think ;)

EDIT - well i mean u got more xp for killing higher levels
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 06:42:50 pm by RandomDude »

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 08:04:51 pm »
What is that valor u speak of? Witchery of a sort?? I be archer, i shoot dem stuff, i see valor not!
Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 08:19:40 am »
What is that valor u speak of? Witchery of a sort?? I be archer, i shoot dem stuff, i see valor not!

Valor was not meant for archers sadly, I think I've got valor twice? Once when I headshotted 6 people on siege, and the other time is when I pretty much melee'd the entire round.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 06:26:33 pm »
+3
Valor seems fine to me, and working as intended.

To get valor, you need to get over double your team's average score for the last round.

Seems like a good way to rank valor to me.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 06:33:57 pm »
Valor seems fine to me, and working as intended.

To get valor, you need to get over double your team's average score for the last round.

Seems like a good way to rank valor to me.

The easiest route to valor is to play an agility shielder and never attack, just run around staying close to the action. Take it for what it's worth; at least we have one game mechanic that doesn't favor 2h.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 06:45:46 pm »
The easiest way is to be a shielder being useful.  Staying near the front lines, taking blocks for your 2h/polearm users, and hitting the enemy when you see an opening.  I'm not concerned with people turtle shielding for valor on the front lines round after round, I've yet to see it happen (and it wouldn't even bother me if it did, because it's still a good mechanic). 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 06:52:28 pm »
+7
Valor also heavily favors cav hunters. A good stab on a horse and rider can be 7-10 points by itself. When I hybrid cav, I could do something like get 15 points from attacking other cav and another 15 from being on foot for easy valor.

A good first step for changing valor would be to split it between the two teams. Right now, you need to get above twice the amount of points of the average of 2 teams. Currently, if your team performed poorly, yet you still got a decent amount of points despite overwhelming odds, the other team amassed so many points that you won't get valor.

The next step would be to factor points into the level/skills of the player instead of some HP sponge. You should get a good amount of points for taking out the top archers and light infantry. Right now, it's easiest to try to find the least skilled heavily armored players/cav. This would also indirectly buff ranged/ranged hunters, since they get more points for killing the skilled ranged/ lightly armored players on the other team. Hopefully, this also inherently fixes the low points from headshots issue.

Finally, points from being near the battlefield should be diminished and changed so that you get points for being close to anyone on your team who is getting points.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 06:59:31 pm »
+1
Valor also heavily favors cav hunters. A good stab on a horse and rider can be 7-10 points by itself. When I hybrid cav, I could do something like get 15 points from attacking other cav and another 15 from being on foot for easy valor.

A good first step for changing valor would be to split it between the two teams. Right now, you need to get above twice the amount of points of the average of 2 teams. Currently, if your team performed poorly, yet you still got a decent amount of points despite overwhelming odds, the other team amassed so many points that you won't get valor.

The next step would be to factor points into the level/skills of the player instead of some HP sponge. You should get a good amount of points for taking out the top archers and light infantry. Right now, it's easiest to try to find the least skilled heavily armored players/cav. This would also indirectly buff ranged/ranged hunters, since they get more points for killing the skilled ranged/ lightly armored players on the other team. Hopefully, this also inherently fixes the low points from headshots issue.

Finally, points from being near the battlefield should be diminished and changed so that you get points for being close to anyone on your team who is getting points.

(click to show/hide)

Good points on all accounts. I love those Strength 2h guys in full plate that can't block; I'll use my least damaging weapon, make sure I don't hold attacks or hit the head, and just wail away on their torso. You can get like 15 points for one kill that way.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2013, 07:02:47 pm »
Getting those lucky hits on Miley, Frugfrug, or Chucky_Tosser and get 2-3 points.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 07:06:02 pm »
Getting those lucky hits on Miley, Frugfrug, or Chucky_Tosser and get 2-3 points.

Landing a clean hit on Frug could yield a free loom point, but I wouldn't know.