Author Topic: Why oh why are 2h and pole arms still OP?  (Read 21634 times)

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
Re: Why oh why are 2h and pole arms still OP?
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2011, 04:34:48 pm »
2h and poles are OP because 90% of shielders are fucking noobs that can't manual block. L2P

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2011, 04:45:27 pm »
2h and poles are OP because 90% of shielders are fucking noobs that can't manual block. L2P

The essence of that is true. It takes skill to be really good at Polearm/2hand. As well as to play a very good shielder. But obviously if you cant block very well, shielder is the easier class.

So the people complaining that 2-hand/pole is OP are people who just dont play very well. They still get manually blocked and out-skilled by footwork/reach.
If you put the same people in a 2-hand/polearm-class they would be whining that shielders are overpowered...

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2011, 05:00:17 pm »
So it needs a lot work to be a good shielder but only basic knowledge to be a successful 2h/polearm lad?

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2011, 06:38:11 pm »
It depends. Being good in duels as 2h takes practice, but you can get easy kills by spamming da shizz.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2011, 10:30:13 pm »

Seems like 90% of 2h/poles can't manual block either.   

Offline chaosegg

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • gen 19 Escapist, Philosurfer, Voluntaryist
    • View Profile
    • I need to know why.
  • Faction: Tigurini
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2011, 02:52:12 am »
Yup.
The best I have ever done as a 1h with 3-4 shield skill build using knightly heater/kites was when I only used my shield to counter specific threats,
instead of hiding behind it like a newbie-I-win-button.
I learned to manual block by tossing my shield on my back and pwning using 1h with no shield when there wasn't a threat from ranged, crowds or bonus-to-shield weaponry.
I regularly went 3:1 k/d ratio doing that and tbh Steel Pick with no shield was the only way I ever really  consistently took down people like Goretooth without being a backstabbing, gangbang or ranged bastard.
"All true warriors travel the same river of blood, if one is disgraced, all are disgraced; if one finds his death in glory, so do we all find glory.
No true warrior would allow another to suffer unjust disgrace or begrudge him the fruits of a well-earned victory."

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2011, 06:14:48 pm »
When are people going to realize that people are never going to stop complaining about Two-Handers/Polearms until those builds are unable to get kills? They're complained about because they get the most kills, not because of some imbalance that can be fixed. It's because of the inherent properties of such weapons when used in pubs where you fight an army of disorganized, cloth-wearing, latency-impeded, scrubs that haven't ever even played the tutorial to learn how to manual block(or even dismount their horse for that matter).
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2011, 06:21:34 pm »
Seems like 90% of 2h/poles can't manual block either.   

Haha Truly, Leave em alone, 2h plus polearms are fine dammit

now one handers, we need a buff :D
Just a soldier

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2011, 03:07:41 am »
Haha Truly, Leave em alone, 2h plus polearms are fine dammit

now one handers, we need a buff :D

Agree 1h should have the same dmg and speed as 2h/pole users being able to block all attacks by pressing rmb clicks makes sense....
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2011, 04:11:54 am »
Agree 1h should have the same dmg and speed as 2h/pole users being able to block all attacks by pressing rmb clicks makes sense....

O hush you!, Thoough, why did shields get a nerf? I dont remember that ever being complained about
Just a soldier

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2011, 06:39:29 am »
O hush you!, Thoough, why did shields get a nerf? I dont remember that ever being complained about

:shock:
Really?
Granted there's been a lull in it, but pre-patch there was dozens of shield-hating posts/threads daily.  I think you just didn't pay them any attention because you were always too busy going 1h/no shield to notice since it wouldn't have affected you.   :P
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2011, 12:28:36 pm »
:shock:
Really?
Granted there's been a lull in it, but pre-patch there was dozens of shield-hating posts/threads daily.  I think you just didn't pay them any attention because you were always too busy going 1h/no shield to notice since it wouldn't have affected you.   :P

regarding bucklers forcefield, huscarl protecting the sides, lolite spamitar bugged length...

yeah there was many. forcefield still exist even if it's smaller.

but hey! we should leave those shielder advantages or the 2h/polearm whining threads will just saturate the c-rpg website bandwidth.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2011, 05:46:50 am »
forcefield still exist even if it's smaller.

Besides you being a known elitist and avid shield hater (really hater of anything non-2h it seems like) I don't notice a forcefield on certain shields at all anymore.
I use an elite cav or a brown heater shield and they are both nigh worthless with 5-6 shield skill vs any ranged with halfway decent aim as I'm constantly dying from Achilles ankle shots, or very very tip of the helmet headshots.  Of course, I do still notice bucklers blocking arrows really well so.... I dunno, maybe it's just certain shields as I said.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2011, 07:18:10 am »
Besides you being a known elitist and avid shield hater (really hater of anything non-2h it seems like) I don't notice a forcefield on certain shields at all anymore.
I use an elite cav or a brown heater shield and they are both nigh worthless with 5-6 shield skill vs any ranged with halfway decent aim as I'm constantly dying from Achilles ankle shots, or very very tip of the helmet headshots.  Of course, I do still notice bucklers blocking arrows really well so.... I dunno, maybe it's just certain shields as I said.

I'm an archer and the force field does exist, but properly now. I can tell who has a high shield skill and who doesn't. If they don't, I can shoot them in the ankles. If they do, it scoops up the arrows, which only makes sense because someone who knows how to use a shield also knows how to lower it when an arrow is coming in low (or raise if high). It's not really a forcefield, just there is no animation to show a higher skilled player character making that type of adjustment.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 21, 2011, 12:22:16 pm »
...  Of course, I do still notice bucklers blocking arrows really well so.... I dunno, maybe it's just certain shields as I said.

Yeah, sometimes you have a lucky streak and you can catch multiple incomming arrows, but then another times your block is a bit off-center and fizzzz you are dead.