Author Topic: Why oh why are 2h and pole arms still OP?  (Read 21673 times)

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
Re: Why oh why are 2h and pole arms still OP?
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2011, 12:37:00 pm »
hmm cool story but a bit wrong.k i dont like that italian facist( :mrgreen:).but he s skilled and not spamming he jsut attacks in times so he s skilled enough to find your weak time and overhead is most effective attack direction especially with a pick.

uhm i fought vicious in duel several times. i'm not a good dueler. vicious only took me 15-20 hits to break his steel shield with a morningstar/axe. then he goes down.
i fought several other shielders. they feint, they do good footwork. when their shield break, they know how to manual block. vicious isn't one of these.

Forgot Olwen/ Lamhban and Merc_Varyag ?

well i get you two mercs think the only good players are other mercs but there are a lot more out there  :P
yeah olwen is way better than vicious but the players i have listed can match olwen and some of them actually fight better.

oh and yes. i listed 2 mercs. one is Kurosch and the other was cyber now in the fallens. those two are in my personal topten shielders. and cyber is really good.

the point is: really good players like them will never cry nerfs about 1handed as they steamroll anyway the other players with their skill while using the best TEAMWORK build. 1h shield.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 12:38:20 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2011, 08:57:31 am »
cyber is really good.

This. (n0rf 1h+shield alrdy omfgggggggggggg)

the point is: really good players like them will never cry nerfs about 1handed as they steamroll anyway the other players with their skill while using the best TEAMWORK build. 1h shield.

This.

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2011, 12:28:32 pm »
Kingrimm surely is worth being mentioned too...

In general their just isnt enough good 1h. But whenever u meat one, you instantly know it will be a tuff fight.

Kendo allrdy filled up some names...and he is right.

I repeat myself: 1h got really viable, its just lacking enough good players.

Thats why average players keep whining about balance instead of rethinking their builds or visiting eu 3.

P.S. Thats what kingrimm and many of the mentioned 1hers do.... ;-)

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2011, 12:38:36 pm »
Since we are talking about good shielders, there is not much that would make me turn the other way on the battlefield, but when i see Ramses i usualy advance in the other direction  :D
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline v/onMega

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2011, 12:43:33 pm »
Since we are talking about good shielders, there is not much that would make me turn the other way on the battlefield, but when i see Ramses i usualy advance in the other direction  :D

Depends on how much health i have...but yeah, he got daaaamm good :-)

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2011, 12:45:43 pm »
uhm i fought vicious in duel several times. i'm not a good dueler. vicious only took me 15-20 hits to break his steel shield with a morningstar/axe. then he goes down.
i fought several other shielders. they feint, they do good footwork. when their shield break, they know how to manual block. vicious isn't one of these.

well i get you two mercs think the only good players are other mercs but there are a lot more out there  :P
yeah olwen is way better than vicious but the players i have listed can match olwen and some of them actually fight better.

oh and yes. i listed 2 mercs. one is Kurosch and the other was cyber now in the fallens. those two are in my personal topten shielders. and cyber is really good.

first of all if you win 1/5 duel is much.  i totally pwned your ass in duel server in last 2-3 weeks,  (or you gonna lie at yourself denyng this? )2nd you  played your entire crpg life for grind  big generation and base all your game on a total unskilled  crushtrue+pierce weapon (morningstar). and when they nerfed it  you disappeared into mediocrity again.    (while i played this mod in all his patch with 20 different weapons, and still menaged to remain at top )

and now you are at best a mediocre player. who never kill me with sword, and rarely with morningstar, and not becouse you destroy my shield but becouse you one shoot me  with that weapon.
And i not need to feint  on you, you soo bad that holding and releasing is all that you need for die, radament is a much better player than you are.  is in your clan may he can teach you something.

on your list i pwn 90% of them.     , i just played today vs lars pwning him  +an average of 3 mate all the time, i duelled vs varyag 2 day ago winning almost all duels, and except   dimaurban /lor in your list, other not win vs me at all. , including the merc you nominate. , pompom really? yeah 6 ,month ago, than vanished into nothing,  your list is  6 month old, and  now very uncorrect . (and even 6 months ago ppl like pompom not where nothing special)

you simply a bitter guy, who based all his game style, on a clearly unbalanced shit, and now are fucked, so you are BITTER.  even more considering  6 months ago you where winning vs me only thx to that crushthrue shit and now you dont know how to win.

have fun Q_Q   and even more Q_Q when on next step of shogun tournament we gonna rape your ass

you right about good player not whine about  ,  thats why you continue wine about how they  nerfed you.   , i simply adapt, and tbh i not like this  crpg i prefered the one pre christmas, but i am more powerful now, than what i was in the old patch with level 42+

also if you wanna humiliate yourself, feel free to duel me, this time with fraps, so you end write shit against me, becouse you are bitter becouse outskilled.     
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 01:04:29 pm by Vicious666 »

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2011, 01:15:37 pm »

... childish babbling ...

have fun Q_Q   and even more Q_Q when on next step of shogun tournament we gonna rape your ass

... childish babbling ...

"we"? you're not a merc anymore isn't it? heard they fired you  :lol:
see ya in duel servers then... as you're not the ball&chain of a skilled clan anymore  :wink:

EDIT: oh and i still remember your GTXs at late night on duel servers. see ya 'round kid  :wink:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 01:16:41 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2011, 01:18:52 pm »
Kingrimm surely is worth being mentioned too...

In general their just isnt enough good 1h. But whenever u meat one, you instantly know it will be a tuff fight.

Kendo allrdy filled up some names...and he is right.

I repeat myself: 1h got really viable, its just lacking enough good players.

Thats why average players keep whining about balance instead of rethinking their builds or visiting eu 3.

P.S. Thats what kingrimm and many of the mentioned 1hers do.... ;-)

that's what i meant. people prefer the troll&whine rather than improving personal skill.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2011, 01:19:21 pm »
"we"? you're not a merc anymore isn't it? heard they fired you  :lol:
see ya in duel servers then... as you're not the ball&chain of a skilled clan anymore  :wink:

EDIT: oh and i still remember your GTXs at late night on duel servers. see ya 'round kid  :wink:

no balls to admit eh ?  ahahahah

ps: i am On Merc_  so you can  QQ more :)

Offline v/onMega

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2011, 02:16:01 pm »

no balls to admit eh ?  ahahahah

ps: i am On Merc_  so you can  QQ more :)

Vivious is a nasty 1 h too. (imo)

About that little bitchfight u both have: As interesting as it is, its offtopic guys ;-)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2011, 10:01:43 pm »
We need more shielder plz
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2011, 02:24:50 pm »
Tbh i dont lose vs many 1h-shielders and vicious is one of them.
But im interested in a fraps of both of you fighting so we can flame one of you after that :p

PS: EU3 is your friend regardless your build.

Offline v/onMega

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2011, 02:56:58 pm »
Tbh i dont lose vs many 1h-shielders and vicious is one of them.
But im interested in a fraps of both of you fighting so we can flame one of you after that :p

PS: EU3 is your friend regardless your build.

True dat. You made huge steps forward in the last weeks :-)

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2011, 03:43:39 pm »

Cheers Umbra.

To the discussion at hand: I agree with all the experienced players here, all classes are viable and hard at the same time right now. Don't expect the scoreboard to reflect everything.

btw: I'm gonna look forward to see you pesky 2handers arses full of arrows in strategus!

Offline Duerkos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Duerkos
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2011, 03:48:12 pm »
I have only 2 generations, first was 2h and now polearms. More or less 80% of the 1h/shield people can kill me without problem (I die most of the battles), but I do more or less well (50%?) against other 2h/polearm users. In my opinion, if both players have low-medium skill, the shielder wins most of the time. At high skill, the range and more damage of the 2h/polearm, along with the player being able to block almost anything, see through the feints of a 1h/shield, etc, possibly makes them more effective.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login