Author Topic: Perspective on mutliclanning  (Read 4267 times)

Offline kowcioo

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Cockjoe_HRE
Re: Perspective on mutliclanning
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2013, 07:39:51 am »
+2
Wow dude, since you actually got me into HRE and you were quite a nice guy, I was even defending you, when all clan went mad about you. But now i finally understand. You're like an emo, you cannot accept the world and everything is bad and you want to change it but you don't get that it is right so you QQ and cut your veins. Well, for me you should get a girlfriend or actually some friends and go out with them for a beer, that would be pretty much socialazing, wouldn't it?

What I've learned today:
You're fucked up dude. really.
"For my Poles there is no such thing as impossible."

- Napoleon about Polish Lancers after the Battle of Somosierra, 30 november 1808

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 08:11:15 am »
imactuallymulticlanning#swag#checkyourprivilege#oohyeah
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 08:15:57 am by no_rules_just_play »

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 08:16:49 am »
+1
HRE drama that doesn't involve dedicated hunting of potential rule-breakers (read=pepeing) and abuse of admin powers , now that's something new and refreshing.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2013, 08:29:38 am »
+1
I have alts in several clans. If people from clan X are in the server, I will hop on my main and join my clan's TS. If people from clan Y are on the server I will play on my alt that is in clan Y and join their TS.

If you fight as a mercenary in enough strat battles, you will meet friendly players from plenty of clans. This will get your foot in the door. Just ask your new acquaintance "hey I like rolling the server/formation fighting/silly matching RP outfits/goofing off with you and your clanmates, can my alt fight under your banner?"

There's no reason to exclude all other players once you join a clan. Strat fights are the easy way in to friendship among other clans. You can also just join their teamspeak and strike up a conversation, but it seems like a lot of people think "a spy! he's up to no good!" if they don't know you well.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 10:05:43 am »
+4
Haha, that is the biggest load of crap I have ever read. What you just wasted about 80 lines of chat about, is not an issue for anyone but you. Poor Tore.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2013, 10:06:03 am »
On the whole I agree with the whole "oh no spies" line of thought, but I'm fine with people who don't agree. Ninjas always discussed strat in locked TS channels, or when we're sure no one else is around or in our forums. And we allow anyone who wants to use our banner to use it. Only Ninja mains are allowed to the forums. Only Ninja mains were allowed to hear strat stuff, unless we really trusted the person, which might also happen. Strat's not that serious, anyway.

This way we get more people to hang out with, which I enjoy. We also allow non-ninjas to use our banner if they want, but they aren't allowed to use our tag and banner unless they wear the appropriate gear.

But you've blown this out of proportion dude. Clans are allowed to restrict its members any way they want, and the members are allowed to leave if they don't like it.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2013, 10:17:55 am »
Choose a CLAN that you want to be a part of, join it with your main, use their banner and tag. Join any other groups with alts as supporters, just so you can wear their banner and hang out... isn't that how it works already? I fail to see the /wrists problem...

Also, yay PG gets mentioned - though you pegged it wrong, it's just a group for using a banner, for the sake of vanity (mostly my own), not a group of people playing together.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2013, 10:40:02 am »
+1
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2013, 10:58:51 am »
+3
Banner balance very very bad!

I love banner balance,

but is very difficult game, and hit hard

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2013, 11:31:52 am »
+2
@Fips: As it seems to be impossible for you to exclude personal aversions from this discussion, please find something else to spend your time with. This is my thread, and it is not about who of us has the nicer gifs and images. I do not want to argue on a personal layer. The winner of this will not be the one embarrassing the other in a cooler way, but the one who learned something new. In summary, this is a university-like discussion. You may skip it if you like.

I would appreciate to hear a perspective of someone who is rather new to cRPG and not routine-blinded. Are clans supposed to be groups of reallife and/or ingame friends having fun together and playing a game the way each individual likes to, or do you consider a clan a serious organization, meant to stand there in pride and unified under a mutual goal like performing the best at Strategus?

You can throw as much fancy words and civility in your posts as you want to, it will definitely not help that stupid argument you are trying to push towards people who couldn't care less about it. You're trying to make a mountain out of molehills here and it's even more ridiculous how you are doing it.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2013, 11:35:43 am »
+1
You HRE all bastards!! 

And Banner stackers!!!

It's OP!

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2013, 12:55:47 pm »
There's no reason to exclude all other players once you join a clan. Strat fights are the easy way in to friendship among other clans. You can also just join their teamspeak and strike up a conversation, but it seems like a lot of people think "a spy! he's up to no good!" if they don't know you well.

I believe anyone can join HRE server (maybe they need a certain user group to join most channels though). It doesn't matter if they may spy for Strat, as Strat stuff gets discussed on forums and in locked TS channels as Khorin said. Maybe easy stuff like "can you go there" may be said once or twice.
It was the same on Nordmen TS. However on Nordmen TS channels were invisible for new people, once they got a usergroup they could move. But we never discussed any important stuff for strat in public channels unless everyone there was part of the Strat faction or allied. ;)

I guess most clans allow other people to join them on TS. But you don't really need the same banner to play together.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2013, 01:06:58 pm »
+1
I can actually see and agree with everyone's point of view, if that's not contradictory in itself.

If Im running a clan I want my guys to be loyal to this one clan, and put all their effort into it. They carry the banner, and when the team wins because of the clan, the clan gains prestige.

Now the idea of other players wearing the banner to fight in crpg battles without being members is also fine with me - it's just the same as me hiring them for a strat battle isnt it?

To be honest, the idea of playing with greys/drz etc actually appeals to me because I never get to play with them - not to say that I dont want to play with fallen/hre/templar etc, just that Ive never ever fought as a team with anyone from the Union ever.

If I considered someone a member of the clan Id want them to put the clan first when it comes to playing in crpg or strat - one reason is that if members just play with whoever whenever they want, the clan will definitely dissolve.

While im playing c-rpg casually, and not often, I wouldnt mind jumping in other peoples ts - i used to do that anyway if no clan members were online, but I wouldnt always be on the right team which is the only reason id want to use their banner.

I wouldnt see myself playing in other clans ts every night if I was in a clan myself though, Id want to be in my own clans ts for whenever someone else from the clan is playing.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2013, 01:14:35 pm »
Since the addition of the armory I can see it offensive to some using there looms and not showing proper respect.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2013, 01:29:56 pm »
As with most things this is about moderation.

Being a member of one clan and playing with 1-3 other clans occasionally is just not a big deal and I doubt anybody will care.

Being a member of one clan but then keeping alts in 10+ other clans so you can banner hop on a regular basis, effectively means you are not in the one clan anymore and so it crosses the line.