Author Topic: 0.3.0.1  (Read 33569 times)

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
  • Renown: 663
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Chris
Re: 0.3.0.1
« Reply #180 on: June 30, 2013, 10:47:15 am »
+1
The Horn Bow is still one-slot while the Bow is 2 slot.
Also the Horn Bow can be used on Horseback while the Bow cannot.

:wink:
Bros never die!

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
« Reply #181 on: June 30, 2013, 10:49:45 am »
I dont see the point in slot count for pure archers. Slots are important for hybrids. And 3rd quiver isnt important anyway... on regular servers u use 1 or 2 and a melee, on strat u got equipment boxes... I dont see how Bow (or longbow) can have such superior damage when horn bow and rus bow have better physical properties... Developers are just crap...

EDIT: even 0 slot weapons are good now so i dont see the point. Also HA are used to yumi and horn anyway.
Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #182 on: June 30, 2013, 10:53:52 am »
+1
What the hell is nudge? And what happened to kicking?

It would be nice if someone woud explain all this nudging stuff to us noobs, perhaps in Beginner section of the forum.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #183 on: June 30, 2013, 11:10:51 am »
+2
Did you actually visit the Beginner Section? There is a nudge guide.

Offline Arthur_

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 557
  • Infamy: 148
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Arthur
« Reply #184 on: June 30, 2013, 11:12:38 am »
for noobs :

After you nudge (V), it takes 5 seconds to make a kick, so you can't nudge abuse.
If you don't nudge you can kick whenever you want there is no timer for that.
Sometimes its a bit bugged and you can't kick, to fix this you need to nudge than you somehow can kick again.

That 5 seconds of auto stunn were made becouse you can't nudge - kick abuse.

Bye

(click to show/hide)

Jackie who?

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #185 on: June 30, 2013, 11:21:05 am »
Did you actually visit the Beginner Section? There is a nudge guide.

Sorry, I missed it. It's kind of hidden in Guides section. Thanks for the guide.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #186 on: June 30, 2013, 11:48:48 am »
Short stab 1h got heavily nerfed,i demand justice.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #187 on: June 30, 2013, 12:06:45 pm »
this patch is such a mess.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Xhandor

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 30, 2013, 12:20:14 pm »
yeah, 1hands cause even less damage and get slower.

:(

Doesnt make me wanna start playing my 1h again...

Ok (nearly) enough whining :)

(+) As I said in another thread I appreciate the archer buff - it was needed since archery was a bit hard for new players...
Mabe if youll ask me again Ill be whining about getting shot so often but well  - all in all it was a good decision I think.
(+) Nudge for all is great - makes close combat more interesting. But: the cooldown for nudge/kick is way too long

(-) 0 Slots for Italian Falchion - together with 34 cut.....well we'll see where this is going
(-) speed/damage nerfs - i see the devs tried to balance it with a few buffs for selected 1h but well 1h didnt need a speed nerf. I'm sure more 1h will be whining about 2h and polearm speed compared to 1h.
(-) heavy crossbows (e.g. arbalest) didnt need a buff - really. Most high level players don't have to care about the additional upkeep at all.
(- ) awlpike buff? come on....

« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 03:16:03 pm by Xhandor »
"This is my sword and everywhere it reaches is my country"

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 30, 2013, 12:37:06 pm »
+2
I dont see the point in slot count for pure archers. Slots are important for hybrids. And 3rd quiver isnt important anyway... on regular servers u use 1 or 2 and a melee, on strat u got equipment boxes... I dont see how Bow (or longbow) can have such superior damage when horn bow and rus bow have better physical properties... Developers are just crap...

EDIT: even 0 slot weapons are good now so i dont see the point. Also HA are used to yumi and horn anyway.

I can only agree to this. There is something wrong with the designs and damage ratios. Horn bow (Composite Bow) was much more powerful than a regular bow (Hell! It is even said it was better than a longbow). The regular bow is only the one rank better version of the hunting bow (at least the way it looks like). The fact that the regular bow is longer doesn't make it a better bow than a composite bow, just because it is so poorly designed that can't even be used on horseback properly. Remove that logic of bigger bow = better bow.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
« Reply #190 on: June 30, 2013, 01:07:55 pm »
I can only agree to this. There is something wrong with the designs and damage ratios. Horn bow (Composite Bow) was much more powerful than a regular bow (Hell! It is even said it was better than a longbow). The regular bow is only the one rank better version of the hunting bow (at least the way it looks like). The fact that the regular bow is longer doesn't make it a better bow than a composite bow, just because it is so poorly designed that can't even be used on horseback properly. Remove that logic of bigger bow = better bow.

Well, devs are either stupid or stubborn. Or both. I dont know for 3rd option. But i will ask a simple question. Cant we all (or most of us) take a wooden stick and tie a rope on it and make a bow? Im not taking about the length of wood or rope, it doesnt matter. Since most of us can make a fucking bow (long bow, or short bow...) why would ppl try to make composite, recurve and other bow types? It needs a lot of skill and time to make one recurve/composite bow. Maybe cus simple bow design just sucks when it comes to warfare? Ger real and nerf bow and long bow and buff rus bow (recurve, possibly even composite recurve) and horn bow (composite). Oh i forgot... rondel dagger does 30p damage on stab... I wish daggers could do so much damage and pierce plate mail... Devs are perfect speciments of sense.
Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

Offline Crob28

• Count
  • Renown: 247
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 30, 2013, 02:01:25 pm »
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned already (prob has but I cba to read alllll the posts :P) but there's a slight bug where sometimes when you spawn you are unable to kick until you have used nudge at least once, trying to do it before this triggers the self-stun animation.

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #192 on: June 30, 2013, 02:53:24 pm »
Well, devs are either stupid or ... Devs are perfect speciments of sense.

calm down bro i think u scream to much for hornbow... every 6 month devs fuck archery and change everything so nothing special keep cool... yesterday i had hornbow shooting curved arrows now i have hornbow who shot straight projectile ... i love when gameplay change all the time ... it's a bit like if u reverse left swing and right swing on 2hander
or reverse left and right click ... it's weird but with time u will find your mark...

i will quote my self in case u didnt saw last page =p

feeling from an archer about this patch :
imo it's a bit to much ... i guess devs were sad to have nothing more to nerf so they buffed again some stuff to nerf them in near future...  :twisted:
after 2 years of nerfing it look like devs dont remember how to buff something so they buff to much ...
buff missile speed for bows was far enough.

+ missile speed increased for bows (it was time.... better missile speed = less ghost arrows)
+ first bows are not useless anymore... same for arrows
+ buff long maul
+ nudge for all

- no brain infantries will cry to much...
- buff xbows = stupidity...
- military hammer and war hammer was op so why buff more ?
- increase speed rating and damage on xbows when pretty all xbows reload like a bow... no logic...
- better missile speed on light bows than heavy bows...got a better speed rating look logic but not for the missile speed, they are suposed to be more powerful

to devs when you think at buff archery, why you  dont take time to ask to some old archers how to buff it ?
i bet you will have to nerf archery again ...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 02:58:06 pm by blackbow »

Offline Stormcrow

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
  • The spirit is willing, but the body is weak
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stormcrow, Ragnarok
« Reply #193 on: June 30, 2013, 03:10:46 pm »
Just do what we always do. Give it a week or two for the devs to fix their awful, stupid mistakes that a brain dead monkey wouldn't make and play crpg until the inevitable repair patch comes.
Gen 19 lvl34 archer

Offline DreadCrusader

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 30, 2013, 04:31:22 pm »
I know you are going to nerf the bow a bit but are you going to buff its speed up a bit in return?
It slow as hell now lol.