Author Topic: 0.3.0.1  (Read 33551 times)

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
Re: 0.3.0.1
« Reply #195 on: June 30, 2013, 06:41:59 pm »
Italian Falchion 0 slots now, I can tell a lot of ppl will be happy. Also ranged in melee may hurt now!

People don't seem to understand crossbows/ranged weren't buff'd by damage they just made the unloomed versions better. Masterwork they deal the same damage they always did, most of them.

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #196 on: June 30, 2013, 07:55:10 pm »

People don't seem to understand crossbows/ranged weren't buff'd by damage they just made the unloomed versions better. Masterwork they deal the same damage they always did, most of them.

The were buffed by damage technically because now the regular unloomed bow does the same amount of damage that the mwork version of the same bow did. Regular Yumi does 28 thrust, an Mwork Yumi did 28 thrust before the patch. So really they just made it so that you dont need looms to actually do some form of damage. But of course people are going to complain about the fact that ranged was made a little bit more stronger, its the Crpg circle of life. Complain about Archery, Nerf it, Archers adapt.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 08:58:26 pm by ZeSharpe »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #197 on: June 30, 2013, 08:20:34 pm »
I can only agree to this. There is something wrong with the designs and damage ratios. Horn bow (Composite Bow) was much more powerful than a regular bow (Hell! It is even said it was better than a longbow).

Said where?

The limiting factor on all traditional bows (self or composite) is the user not the bow.  You can easily make a 300lb long bow or a 300lb composite bow but nobody would be able to use them. 

The difference in design comes from the difference in materials available.  Those with access to suitable wood (Ash or Yew generally) used straight bows as they were easier to make and were less susceptible to damp.  Those without suitable wood made composite bows instead.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 08:27:59 pm by Tomas »

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #198 on: June 30, 2013, 09:40:12 pm »
I know you are going to nerf the bow a bit but are you going to buff its speed up a bit in return?
It slow as hell now lol.
Dude read patch note they already buffed speed on bows exept rus horn and long if i remember it's same speed as before

and for those who speak about the composite shit stop break our balls with realism it's a game !!!
or remove shield force for more realism (let us shoot feet)
remove jump on heavy horse
add a cap on ath...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 09:44:51 pm by blackbow »

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #199 on: June 30, 2013, 09:54:26 pm »
Dude read patch note they already buffed speed on bows exept rus horn and long if i remember it's same speed as before
I believe he's asking for proof of the quoted claim.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
« Reply #200 on: July 01, 2013, 12:24:07 am »
+1
Said where?

The limiting factor on all traditional bows (self or composite) is the user not the bow.  You can easily make a 300lb long bow or a 300lb composite bow but nobody would be able to use them. 

The difference in design comes from the difference in materials available.  Those with access to suitable wood (Ash or Yew generally) used straight bows as they were easier to make and were less susceptible to damp.  Those without suitable wood made composite bows instead.

MY GOD. And u are beta tester??? Shape of the bow is essential to bow performance. You need to learn some physics. It doesnt matter how strong you pull the string if the the bow cannot project that power into the arrow. Simple bow design (short bow, bow, long bow) loses a lot of that power on release and just a portion goes to the arrow. On the other hand recurve bows have the best efficiency cus it puts a lot of that energy into the arrow. You need less power to perform equally or better with recurve bow than with long bow. Composite bows are also stronger that simple bows but it depends on design too. If its simple design, they are more powerful but require much more strength of the archer to pull the sring. Composite recurves are maybe the best, but they are hard to master.
The reason why Europe didnt use composite bows was the method of binding the different materials to form a bow - it falls apart in wet climate, and most of Europe is wet. Composite bows are more common in arid areas (lets say Asia). And now when u mentioned it, simple bow design is easy to make and it should be cheap (lol @ crpg prices...).
Now please go read a bit about archery physics and then start talking about "OMGF LONG BOW IS THE BEST". Long bow sucks, end of story. Its all about English ppl that have rather small penis when it comes to their culture. Long bow only has marketing, and to back up the "cultural small penis" just take a look at English archaeological elite when Ausies found a structure older than Stonehenge with the same purpose. There are many more examples how English try to "prove" that they are either the best in something or 1st or both.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 02:36:34 am by En_Dotter »
Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #201 on: July 01, 2013, 12:49:45 am »
+1
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #202 on: July 01, 2013, 02:41:22 am »
+1
MY GOD. And u are beta tester??? Shape of the bow is essential to bow performance. You need to learn some physics. It doesnt matter how strong you pull the string if the the bow cannot project that power into the arrow. Simple bow design (short bow, bow, long bow) loses a lot of that power on release and just a portion goes to the arrow. On the other hand recurve bows have the best efficiency cus it puts allow to that energy into the arrow. You need less power to perform equally or better with recurve bow than with long bow. Composite bows are also stronger that simple bows but it depends on design too. If its simple design, they are more powerful but require much more strength of the archer to pull the sring. Composite recurves are maybe the best, but they are hard to master.
The reason why Europe didnt use composite bows was the method of binding the different materials to form a bow - it falls apart in wet climate, and most of Europe is wet. Composite bows are more common in arid areas (lets say Asia). And now when u mentioned it, simple bow design is easy to make and it should be cheap (lol @ crpg prices...).
Now please go read a bit about archery physics and then start talking about "OMGF LONG BOW IS THE BEST". Long bow sucks, end of story. Its all about English ppl that have rather small penis when it comes to their culture. Long bow only has marketing, and to back up the "cultural small penis" just take a look at English archaeological elite when Ausies found a structure older than Stonehenge with the same purpose. There are many more examples how English try to "prove" that they are either the best in something or 1st or both.

Lol - I'm a Physics graduate.  Not that that's anything to do with archery, but it does help with the basic mechanics under discussion here :D

Its a bow - self or recurve doesn't matter.  There's no pulleys or anything like in a compound bow and so every pound of power you want to put into your shot has to be provided directly by your body.  All that recurve designs allow is the same power but with shorter bow limbs.  Yes there is an efficiency in transfer of energy from bow to arrows however you are looking at a fairly small percentage of total energy as the difference between the two designs and therefore it is not particularly significant here - although I admit it does make a difference*.   This still means though, that the body of the user is the limiting factor for draw weight and not the bow design.

Compound bows (which you are clearly confusing with composite bows) use pulleys that multiply the draw weight allowing more power for less work by the user.  These are however a 20th century invention and nothing to do with the topic at hand.

*EDIT - It is even less significant when you remember that Long Bow war arrows were significantly heavier than any other traditional arrows used, which meant increased efficiency in the transfer of energy from bow to arrow
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 03:01:45 am by Tomas »

Offline kwhy

• Earl
  • Renown: 302
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • trash
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ted_the_garbage_man, missANGY, missBENDaKNEE, missAGAIN, Moove, Fallback, LLpewJ, Lets_ride_bikes
« Reply #203 on: July 01, 2013, 06:27:17 am »
+2
There will most likely be a LOT nudge related bugs/exploits so report them in a usable way please.

Hitting quick q,q,v yell causes nudge to activate along with the war cry

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #204 on: July 01, 2013, 09:13:04 am »
I like the patch alot, glory to the devs :)

Under strategus/battles/archives u can chose a range from within battles should be shown (example: 2013/03/23 - 2013/05/13), and it doesnt seem to be working. Would be nice to be able to check periods of war and get statistics from it without being forced to calculate every battle itself.

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Pandor_Archer

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 292
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Pandor_The_Flying_Pig
« Reply #205 on: July 01, 2013, 09:20:05 am »
Buf my old friends srlsly? :rolleyes:

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #206 on: July 01, 2013, 09:21:14 am »
+1
Lol - I'm a Physics graduate. 

Nerd.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Harald

• The old
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 01, 2013, 01:23:35 pm »
Under strategus/battles/archives u can chose a range from within battles should be shown (example: 2013/03/23 - 2013/05/13), and it doesnt seem to be working.
Maybe your configured date format is different and this is causing problems for you.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 01, 2013, 02:02:55 pm »
+2
Commander mode is dead I guess? I was still hoping for like a weekly thing where one of the less used servers gets turned into commander mode.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 01, 2013, 04:03:43 pm »
Question to devs : does the strategus hero (whoever you chose it to be) is the only one that will be able to merc in strat battles ?