Zeus
8 (7.1%)
Kuyak_Hero
1 (0.9%)
Skinboat
6 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: April 28, 2015, 10:59:55 pm

Author Topic: NA servers - Game Admins Wanted  (Read 55295 times)

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
Re: NA servers - Game Admins Wanted
« Reply #225 on: February 01, 2014, 10:17:38 am »
+2
To be honest I was surprised the ban got reversed. But hey, that's admins for you.

Well, that is how an unban thread usually works.  When people are banned for extensive periods of time, they usually respond.  So when somebody like Behemoth gets a 12 hour ban for poll banning somebody on NA 3, it'll really only last as long as it takes them to post an unban thread.

but it's probably just the illuminati

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #226 on: February 01, 2014, 11:23:04 am »
+6
I'd apply to be admin, and hopefully improve the joint a bit, but goddamn does that seem like a lot of effort that I'm opposed to.

I mean shit, are you trying to tell me that I can't IMMEDIATELY alt-tab onto the internet at wide after dying? Well, fuck that, I ain't admin material then.

There are plenty of people that would make fantastic, fair admins that simply don't want to take that burden. Likewise, you've got a horde of people that want to be admins that would make abysmal party-boy level admins.

(click to show/hide)

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Smithy

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • immer Kameraden
    • View Profile
  • Faction: iK
  • Game nicks: iK_Smithy
« Reply #227 on: February 01, 2014, 05:01:32 pm »
+6
(click to show/hide)

I love how Cikel actually made a decent post, had a good argument, screenshots, concerns, questions, and suggestions, yet people come in, pick out a tiny part of it (the part in bold) and completely derail his point. 

I completely agree with you Cikel, especially with the last part.  Your delivery is a bit abrasive but, you make a good point.. one I've always shared, actually. Having ~3 Bans myself, it never ceases to amaze me how I would be banned for something, and another person doing the exact same thing either simultaneously or at a different interval, would not even be warned.  Being an admin on MM/NW, I've perma banned my own friends and clanmates.  I never understood how someone could feel ok with punishing one person for breaking "Rule A" but not their bud who was also breaking "Rule A" at the same time and place.

@Canary:  Your post cleared things up regarding Dexxtaa, but what of implementing new admins on some sort of trial, or test phase?  No one is really concerned with Chaos and how many admins your clan had before or after you were put in charge, what we're concerned with, is that great candidates are not getting the chance they deserve, and we're wondering if you're going to do anything about this? 

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #228 on: February 01, 2014, 05:40:07 pm »
+3
Likewise, you've got a horde of people that want to be admins that would make abysmal party-boy level admins.

*Ahem.*

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #229 on: February 01, 2014, 08:43:50 pm »
+3
I love how Cikel actually made a decent post, had a good argument, screenshots, concerns, questions, and suggestions, yet people come in, pick out a tiny part of it (the part in bold) and completely derail his point. 

I thought it was a particularly relevant case study for any prospective and future admins to learn from. But you're right, it derailed from the thread and I apologize for that. There is a concern that admins aren't being consistent enough. Well, unless they are hooked up to a hive mind admins *will* be inconsistent because, just like NFL referees, they choose to approach penalization in different ways.

@Canary:  Your post cleared things up regarding Dexxtaa, but what of implementing new admins on some sort of trial, or test phase?  No one is really concerned with Chaos and how many admins your clan had before or after you were put in charge, what we're concerned with, is that great candidates are not getting the chance they deserve, and we're wondering if you're going to do anything about this?

I agree. If we have more admins that represent a larger diversity of the NA cRPG community, perhaps there will be less pettiness, shittiness, and griefing on the servers.

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #230 on: February 01, 2014, 09:15:58 pm »
+5
I know that if something bad happens and I wasn't there to see what happened, I am hesitant to issue bans left and right without the full picture and sometimes ask them to put a ban thread up. I also admit that I'm pretty lenient towards tomfoolery amongst teammates that know each other as long as it's not something like intentional TKs in the middle of the round or griefing the team. With me most of the time outside of hardcore griefing, 2 strikes and you're out since I don't find kicks very effective against non-leechers. We're new and still getting used to things, too. Oddly enough, my stance has more similarities with Dexxtaa's than some of the stricter viewpoints.

• King
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #231 on: February 01, 2014, 09:17:37 pm »
+2
I know that if something bad happens and I wasn't there to see what happened, I am hesitant to issue bans left and right without the full picture and sometimes ask them to put a ban thread up. I also admit that I'm pretty lenient towards tomfoolery amongst teammates that know each other as long as it's not something like intentional TKs in the middle of the round or griefing the team. With me most of the time outside of hardcore griefing, 2 strikes and you're out since I don't find kicks very effective against non-leechers. We're new and still getting used to things, too. Oddly enough, my stance has more similarities with Dexxtaa's than some of the stricter viewpoints.

This man is my favorite admin. He doesn't give a fuck as long as you aren't leeching, griefing, or being the most tremendous gigantic colossal jackass the planet has ever seen.

(click to show/hide)

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #232 on: February 01, 2014, 09:38:36 pm »
+9
Make me an admin so I can be just like the other admins and mostly play other games.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
« Reply #233 on: February 02, 2014, 02:30:42 am »
Rhalzo also watched me get team wounded to the death right at spawn by shana. He banned him for 1 hour. This was at around 3 am. Jeez 1 hour ban at 3 am. Very nice.

I figured that if someone were to get an hour ban at 3am, they would probably just go to sleep and not be a bother when the hour ends.

P.S. Rhalzo remember when dion and another aow guy started tw'ing me and you blamed me? Well I think your earrings look silly!!!

I honestly don't remember this. I'm sorry if I didn't know the full story of what was happening and blamed you. It's hard for me to do some stuff when my cRPG admin panel isn't fully functional all the time, so I usually just pass the word along to another admin to check the logs. I really am sorry dude.

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #234 on: February 02, 2014, 02:41:13 am »
+16
Canary, I would to become andmin. I have never been banned from a server and I do not like thomfoolery or hijinx. I think I would be a good fit, I'm friends with everyone and well received.if you pass over me its OK, you can go fuck yourself and so can all tthese little crybaby cunty kids. I'll probably get fuckibg muted again for some horseshit, but I wanted to throw my hat in the ring for admin

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 02, 2014, 02:53:30 am »
+11
I could also fax or email a copy of my resume to your gmail account as well. Anything you need canerdy

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 02, 2014, 03:50:39 am »
+5
Canary, I would to become andmin. I have never been banned from a server and I do not like thomfoolery or hijinx. I think I would be a good fit, I'm friends with everyone and well received.if you pass over me its OK, you can go fuck yourself and so can all tthese little crybaby cunty kids. I'll probably get fuckibg muted again for some horseshit, but I wanted to throw my hat in the ring for admin

Please yes, this man has any and all votes I possess.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #237 on: February 02, 2014, 04:36:36 am »
I could also fax ... a copy of my resume to your gmail account

:?:

Sorry for not responding to your requests directly, Cikel. I didn't see the TW happen, so I wasn't sure if others were involved or if it was instigated. I should have made a general warning in pink text instead of just spying on the offender to see if I could catch them in the act.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 02, 2014, 05:14:13 am »
+6
:?:

Sorry for not responding to your requests directly, Cikel. I didn't see the TW happen, so I wasn't sure if others were involved or if it was instigated. I should have made a general warning in pink text instead of just spying on the offender to see if I could catch them in the act.

Its 2014 witchcraft, if you don't know what an email or fax is you shouldn't be an admin

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 02, 2014, 05:15:38 am »
+2
Please yes, this man has any and all votes I possess.

Ironically sandy, you have my heart