Zeus
8 (7.1%)
Kuyak_Hero
1 (0.9%)
Skinboat
6 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: April 28, 2015, 10:59:55 pm

Author Topic: NA servers - Game Admins Wanted  (Read 55304 times)

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
Re: NA servers - Game Admins Wanted
« Reply #210 on: January 31, 2014, 01:04:13 am »
+4
with the addition of san Chaos now has 4 admins.

Considering Chaos has maybe 8 active players I guess people are correct in saying that half of Chaos are admins.

Is it because my recent passion for throwing interferes with your clans' domination of the server?

Chaos is only good for x3 so your throwing passion doesn't factor in.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Sauce

• Duke
  • Renown: 597
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants
« Reply #211 on: January 31, 2014, 01:08:40 am »
+2
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:26:08 pm by Sauce »

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #212 on: January 31, 2014, 01:20:04 am »
+4
^I think it's an inside joke for all of the teamswitching a lot of us experience.

I think it's coincidence that many non-Chaos admins stopped playing or rarely play nowadays. I agree with most official applications for themselves that received a decent amount of support, especially because of the increasing number of inactives nowadays. A good one for siege aside of Desire would also be helpful to help keep some population for late at night.

Offline Sauce

• Duke
  • Renown: 597
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants
« Reply #213 on: January 31, 2014, 01:25:10 am »
+6
Fuck the current state of banner balance. I think that's something we can all agree on.

Offline Mae.

• Duke
  • Renown: 516
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • :3
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: mae
« Reply #214 on: January 31, 2014, 01:27:53 am »
+2
we all get team switched to hell and back (literally, huehuehue), all it takes is a higher lvl and a positive KDR

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #215 on: January 31, 2014, 02:23:01 am »
+4
This is what I've been trying to get across to people.  There are a ton of good dudes in HG, Acre, Chevaliers, Raven, MB, Frisia, and the list goes on.  There are also a lot of potentially great admins who are clanless, and my whole argument is that, these people should at least get a chance.  I'm not "lobbying" for more admins from the Remnants, I just want to see more admins from different groups.  A more diverse admin community could do a lot of good.

Never a direct shout out to HoC... not ever...  :cry:

All you BIG and Established clans always talk about yourselves as admin, I want an admin from a small clan like HG idk if you have ever heard of them but they are pretty cool dudes. This is a grassroots movement and we are here to earn the respect and admin privileges!!!  :mrgreen:

Draeth for admin 2014

OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW!

While I can't say I know draeth too well, since I don't think he uses global chat much at all, I do know that many of the other HG guys are pretty mature, and more importantly SIEGE ACTIVE. We could really use more admins in siege since I sincerely think it could help keep the server alive. I won't be foolish enough to think it will help jump start the server anytime before prime time, but come prime time it could definitely help to have an admin around to skip over a shitty map or two. Nothing like populating siege on your own with just a few friends, waiting forever until you get to that magical number of 4v4, and then seeing the server grow and grow, until you get to a map like helm's deep (seriously, wtf is that still doing in the rotation?) or Hrafninn Castle (the really vertical one) where the population inevitably drops really low. Once you get back down to ~8 players, people notice that multi's are acquired less and less, and then all of a sudden 5 people will leave at once, even once back on a good map, simply because no more multi's are available.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #216 on: January 31, 2014, 02:32:09 am »
+7
A good one for siege aside of Desire would also be helpful to help keep some population for late at night.

Adamant siege (and recently DTV) player on my many alts here. The amount of rule breaking I see is at times staggering... and even more importantly the amount of douchebaggery that ruins the fun for most of the server.

Regarding votes: look, I am not saying that the amount of upvotes someone gets should justify adminship. Especially not simply for a funny post.

But the support shown from respectable members of the community indicates on some level who people trust to be an admin. Chances are these are the people you will have less complaint issues with down the line, because the community values their judgement. And let's face it: at this stage of the mod these will not be the people that flip out over every little infringement, but the ones that use common sense to keep the enjoyment of the game going for the majority of the playerbase.

I agree with some of the other people: issue trial adminship for the people with high support in this thread and let's see how they do. Worst case you remove it again and no harm done.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 02:41:15 am by dynamike »
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #217 on: January 31, 2014, 04:44:11 am »
+2
And if spook was still around to get all the upvotes we would definitely have his trust with the respectable members of this community and what could go wrong if we gave him admin we could always just remove it.

Hahaha sorry for the stupid example  but i couldn't help thinking about it while reading your post dynamike. I'd like to think we have a very good idea of people to choose for admin and maybe we are not being as open minded to the entire selection of people that would more than likely make great admins. But as of right now most of our admins seem to being layin down the law or not layin it down rather respectably and we get short on hand sometimes and thing go amuck while we lapse in coverage here and there. Which is why we have this thread so that we can continue finding active and loveable people to choose from. So please bear with us when applying and trust us when we that we do consider all the people who show up in this thread
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Smithy

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 33
  • immer Kameraden
    • View Profile
  • Faction: iK
  • Game nicks: iK_Smithy
« Reply #218 on: January 31, 2014, 12:04:41 pm »
+2
Never a direct shout out to HoC... not ever...  :cry:

Sorry guy, never really talked to anyone from HoC, that's why I didn't directly mention you guys.  :?  There are good dudes in pretty much any clan, as well as some potentially great admins.  My whole argument is almost identical to Rain's.  We just want the worthy candidates from every corner of the community to get at least a trial.  I think most all of us can agree that there are plenty who deserve at least that.  Though, maybe I'm wrong.  I hope not.   :)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #219 on: January 31, 2014, 09:08:56 pm »
+3
You know it can take awhile? If we don't know you, then we need to get to know you. Many names I don't pay attention to because there are so many alts/STF's. I don't even know the names of all the alts of ADMINS, so no way I will know the rest of you.
Unless you post in this thread. Then I'll pay attention when I notice "oh yeah, that guy is around a lot, I'll pay more attention now". Then are a couple of months or so, I'll put in my two cents on you in the admin thread for it.
For the ones who shouldn't be admins? Yeah, I already know who you are and can downvote any serious movement towards you getting admin that same day  :P
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline HungryNBroke

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Are you going to eat that?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Hungry_, Stick_, Hellequin_, Peggy_Hill
  • IRC nick: HungryNBroke
« Reply #220 on: February 01, 2014, 05:20:05 am »
+10
I have been playing for over a year now and doubt I will stop anytime soon.
I am an unbiased player who has never been kicked/banned/muted or verbally warned.
I am level-headed and have no problem accepting criticism and/or judgement from the community. 
I check the forums frequently and would be available on IRC 14-16hrs a day.
My biggest "selling point" is that I am not only on at peak hours or midday. I play quite a bit between the hours of 1am to 5am when I rarely see any admins around to keep the late night crowd in check.
Thanks for the consideration.
I am still very interested in an Admin position if one is available or opens up in the future.
Thank you again for your consideration.

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 01, 2014, 07:04:21 am »
+8
This literally just happened.

Spawn in and get team wounded 4 times by krosis with over heads from a bec. Admins online: Witchcraft and Rhalzo.

I control M and use I chat.

The outcome? Absolutely nothing. Well witchcraft did use the show names cheat. And then after that I was team wounded again by krosis. Very cool.

I know if canary, spaniard, desire, phantasmal, jedae, or granpappy were on something would happen. Well I hope, at least. Actually probably not. But desire did ban me for 5 days for tk'ing someone. So I have that going for me.

Rhalzo also watched me get team wounded to the death right at spawn by shana. He banned him for 1 hour. This was at around 3 am. Jeez 1 hour ban at 3 am. Very nice. However you are making your decisions to choose admins is clearly full of bull. Dexxta changed the map sometimes? But he clearly enjoys playing the game and wanted to make the community a better place.

SOME of the admins you have now enforce the laws when they choose or when it's convenient for them. Yes I get it I'm a fucking deplorable asshole who is a leech on the community and should kill myself. I still have the right to be protected by the same rules I am persecuted by. There needs to be some sort of accountability for these admins. What post in the feedbacks? Give me a break. And does artyem even play this game anymore? The guy hands out a 12 hour ban to some guy for polling a leecher in na3. Me and frumpty have to post in the thread to get him to change his absolutely terrible decision.

(click to show/hide)

P.S. Rhalzo remember when dion and another aow guy started tw'ing me and you blamed me? Well I think your earrings look silly!!!

Edit: I'm not saying admins who follow the rules are dumb. I'm saying if you're going to follow the rules, follow them ALL of the time! Ganner was indiscriminate about using his powers! I hate the guy for taking things so literal but at least he was fair! I remember once me and another FCC guy were kicking Cyranule at the start of the round because he was afk. WE BOTH GOT KICKED BY GRANPAPPY BECAUSE WE BROKE THE RULES. He didn't show us any lenience because we were in the same clan. Adoptagoat muting people for spamming voice commands? He muted his own clan mates and good friends.

How about some god dam transparency. Your totalitarian regime must come to an end. The admins are made to PROTECT THE COMMUNITY. Why is it then that the community has no say in who is chosen? We aren't going to pick someone like Spook Island. We wanted to be protected! We are going to pick dyna and dexxta.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #222 on: February 01, 2014, 07:23:05 am »
+5
His last act as admin was to change to the map where both teams spawned on top of each other.

It's the best map because it neutralizes ranged.

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #223 on: February 01, 2014, 08:49:21 am »
+3
The guy hands out a 12 hour ban to some guy for polling a leecher in na3

I didn't realize you could actually be considered a leecher in a duel server, but hey let's look down upon a person who did absolutely nothing other than look at armors on the cRPG website and take a bathroom break and make into a martyr the person who griefed and abused the poll ban system, admitted to doing so, and then got butthurt when an admin reviewed the logs and decided to instate a punishment.

But let's be more proactive about this. If I am made admin, I'll institute 1 hour bans to anyone I see not moving for 2 minutes in NA_3. Repeat offenders will get exponentially longer bans.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 08:52:43 am by Rhaelys »

sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 01, 2014, 09:07:32 am »
Make into a martyr? Look down upon? That's some extreme language. Especially saying he was butt hurt. I didn't mean to do either of those I'm sorry. To be honest I was surprised the ban got reversed. But hey, that's admins for you.