Author Topic: FCC/FCC Vassal Tactics  (Read 9955 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: FCC/FCC Vassal Tactics
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2013, 01:21:55 am »
Being the #1 FCC Vassal NA as well as the original vassal, I've never been told who or when to attack by FCC, nor by anyone.  I have worked with FCC in the past against Hero Party (now Semen Storm) and we used some coordinated attacks and reinforcement, but never have they went "Go and attack these guys because we don't like them".

I think FCC is large enough and has enough of their own shit under control that if they wanted to attack somebody they wouldn't order a faction comprised of new(ish) clans to do their work for them.

Also, when can I get gear and gold from FCC?  I mean, JC says everyone got gear but where the fuck is my paycheck?

We have been selling leftover gear fro troops too if anyone really wants any - who knew attacking chaos would leave us with 10K long spears and pikes.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline PJ1020

• Knight
  • Renown: 59
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PJ1020
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2013, 02:58:21 am »
+2
Why can't we all be friends?

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2013, 07:38:52 am »
+3
The best part of this thread is checking votes on the +/- 0 posts and seeing how many +1 and -1 are there balancing it at zero. Good effort RP posts, guys who did it. Joe, do you have any talking horses for trade? I don't even have riding skill but I wouldn't mind keeping a a few around for companionship.

Is everybody ready for downvoting Kesh time? Because it's that time of  the day folks! :D

I thought it was always that time of day...  :?

Come, let's finish this wondrous meal the way it needs to be finished. With a buttermilk pie! We need to share this recipe with our friends,

Where's the recipe? Don't let your mouth write checks that you can't cash. I'll trade you my recipe for panang curry, including how to make the curry paste from scratch!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2013, 03:21:01 pm »
+5
There are a couple reasons the perception of vassalage to FCC gets perpetuated. Here's a big one:

Fallen
Remnant
AoW
HG

These are all clans with members in FCC that, at least at some point, have or have had a separate identity from the FCC not only as a strat faction but as a cRPG clan. In some cases the cRPG clan remains distinct.

So you see, FCC literally has other clans kowtowing to their aims, even if they do have a say in what they do as a whole. Being fully a member of the supposed "parent" faction is not the same as being a vassal, but as far as results are concerned, the appearance is not so different.

Add on top of this these new clans apparently warring FCC enemies, and taking land from FCC enemies and you have a public opinion that isn't so far-fetched.

Offline Delson

• Earl
  • Renown: 418
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • NA or Any?
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Delson
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2013, 04:33:59 pm »
+2
These are all clans with members in FCC that, at least at some point, have or have had a separate identity from the FCC

You mean like BRD and Cavalieres? You know we didn't always call our alliance the FCC. Have I ever changed my clan tag? No. BRD4lyfe!

So you see, FCC literally has other clans kowtowing to their aims, even if they do have a say in what they do as a whole. Being fully a member of the supposed "parent" faction is not the same as being a vassal, but as far as results are concerned, the appearance is not so different.

Don't be so insulting. If it's all one faction, we clearly should have the same goals as a whole.

Add on top of this these new clans apparently warring FCC enemies, and taking land from FCC enemies and you have a public opinion that isn't so far-fetched.

Clans realize they have similar goals and team up. You're surprised when they suddenly share the same enemies? The FCC is an alliance of clans working together. There's no vassalage. No one clan is higher than another.

You know better, Canary. You do understand what we are. You know the difference between vassals and clans coming together as an alliance.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2013, 04:52:12 pm »
+1
Clans realize they have similar goals and team up. You're surprised when they suddenly share the same enemies? The FCC is an alliance of clans working together. There's no vassalage. No one clan is higher than another.

Let's just gloss over the fact that as a strat faction FCC has more "active" strat players, troops, gold and fiefs than the combination of your "friends" in your alliance. Without your backing you're basically implying these other factions would be doing the same without you...riiight. Take this as you want and flame on. I'm a mad bad nerd that no one's heard of who hasn't played the game as much as you. It's also the elitist egotistical methodology behind the FCC posting that people dislike. I tried trolling with feigned anger and all of you took me seriously, so I'll just go for the occasional wall of text to induce your rage and satiate your needs for minus 1ing a post.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 05:08:50 pm by Brontosauce »

Offline Gristle

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2013, 05:19:44 pm »
+3
We're not all Kesh, Havelle. I know you have trouble with that. I truly do pride myself on honesty and calling out bullshit in my posts. I'd love for you to actually listen to what I have to say rather than immediately dismiss it as you always do. I don't consider you, Sandersson, Daruvian, or Jack the same person. Offer me the same kindness.

Let's just gloss over the fact that as a strat faction FCC has more "active" strat players, troops, gold and fiefs than the combination of your "friends" in your alliance.

Did you just suggest that we are stronger together than apart? Is this a revelation to you? Do you know what an alliance is? I guess BRD has more members than the other factions involved, but that's never been an important factor. even in the beginning, we had more members than the Cavalieres. Do you think Huey was ever anyone's bitch? No.

Without your backing you're basically implying these other factions would be doing the same without you.

How about "without their backing?" I don't know what any of us would be doing without the other clans. That's not how this round played out. Every clan currently in the FCC strat faction is working together.

and satiate your needs for minus 1ing a post.

I honestly don't -1 that many posts. I see it as a tool not meant to be abused.

I also believe in being succinct. If you consider any of this a wall of text, you have problems.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2013, 05:29:00 pm »
We're not all Kesh, Havelle. I know you have trouble with that. I truly do pride myself on honesty and calling out bullshit in my posts. I'd love for you to actually listen to what I have to say rather than immediately dismiss it as you always do. I don't consider you, Sandersson, Daruvian, or Jack the same person. Offer me the same kindness.

Did you just suggest that we are stronger together than apart? Is this a revelation to you? Do you know what an alliance is? I guess BRD has more members than the other factions involved, but that's never been an important factor. even in the beginning, we had more members than the Cavalieres. Do you think Huey was ever anyone's bitch? No.

How about "without their backing?" I don't know what any of us would be doing without the other clans. That's not how this round played out. Every clan currently in the FCC strat faction is working together.

I honestly don't -1 that many posts. I see it as a tool not meant to be abused.

I also believe in being succinct. If you consider any of this a wall of text, you have problems.

Thank you for proving my point of the egotistical elitist mentality. Talking down to everyone like your vast knowledge of everything strat runs deeper than our brains can function. Again you break down the FCC like it's individuals making all their own decisons, doing their own thing, just happening to dominate NA lands. Quit it. Quit trying to force everyone to believe that "hey dudes we're just working together, this is what happens when you do. There are no leaders here..BLAH BLAH BLAH". no one's buying it. we all have brains in our tiny nerd heads. you also seriously expect us all to believe that the tiny clans, that have been absorbed into your clan of individuals, are the ones actually supplying the troops, gold and gear that have made you successful this round of strat. GIVE ME A BREAK. If you want I can find the thread where kesh was or did sell 40,000 "excess" troops to MB. I guess those were recruited by the smaller groups too.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 05:48:45 pm by Brontosauce »

Offline Gristle

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2013, 05:54:24 pm »
+2
Thank you for proving my point of the egotistical elitist mentality. Talking down to everyone like your vast knowledge of everything strat runs deeper than our brains can function. Again you break down the FCC like it's individuals making all their own decisons, doing their own thing, just happening to dominate NA lands. Quit it. Quit trying to force everyone to believe that "hey dudes we're just working together, this is what happens when you do. There are no leaders here..BLAH BLAH BLAH".

I'm not talking down to you, and I don't have a vast knowledge of Strat. Never said I did. I also didn't say we're all just casually doing our thing. I said we're working together. We're a lot of people working together. I also didn't say that there were no leaders. Of course there are leaders. Why would I mention Huey when making a past reference to Cavalieres? Yes, We do have a lot of leaders, too.

you also seriously expect us all to believe that the tiny clans, that have been absorbed into your clan of individuals, are the ones actually supplying the troops, gold and gear that have made you successful this round of strat.

You seriously believe they haven't done anything? That they mean nothing? I know Dynamike has done a lot more this Strat than I have. Frankly, fuck you for suggesting otherwise.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2013, 05:59:26 pm »
I'm not talking down to you, and I don't have a vast knowledge of Strat. Never said I did. I also didn't say we're all just casually doing our thing. I said we're working together. We're a lot of people working together. I also didn't say that there were no leaders. Of course there are leaders. Why would I mention Huey when making a past reference to Cavalieres? Yes, We do have a lot of leaders, too.

You seriously believe they haven't done anything? That they mean nothing? I know Dynamike has done a lot more this Strat than I have. Frankly, fuck you for suggesting otherwise.

Lol such a warm eloquent response. Again Remnant has been absorbed in like the last month or so so up to that point I'm sure their contribution to you all was HUGE. No offense to Remnant I love Tom Cruise and did some trading with him when we had villages.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 06:09:13 pm by Brontosauce »

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2013, 06:10:06 pm »
+4
You mean like BRD and Cavalieres? You know we didn't always call our alliance the FCC. Have I ever changed my clan tag? No. BRD4lyfe!

Right, but unlike the original FCC member clans they didn't set out united from the start. It was something that happened more recently; all the clans I specifically named were unique NA factions earlier this strat.

Don't be so insulting. If it's all one faction, we clearly should have the same goals as a whole.

Phrasing, I suppose, could've helped that statement. I didn't mean it as an insult.

You know better, Canary. You do understand what we are. You know the difference between vassals and clans coming together as an alliance.

I don't think I've ever expressly called any clan a vassal of yours. Of course I know better, that's precisely why I made that post. The whole thing was meant to show how an outsider could possibly think you guys keep vassals, not that I agreed with the sentiment. I could dwell, once again, on strat 2 dealings where we were repeatedly called Druzhina's vassal (mostly by FCC, for the record), despite the fact that they had to repeatedly state that they did not keep vassals.

I know how you guys feel about this and I wanted to bring light to why someone else might feel the way they do about you.

P.S., you guys are being too hard on Gristle. He's one of the good 'uns!

Offline Gristle

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2013, 06:11:39 pm »
+1
Lol such a warm eloquent response. Again Remnant has been absorbed in like the last month or so so up to that point I'm sure their contribution to you all was HUGE. No offense to Remnant I love Tom Cruise and did some trading with him when we had villages.

It's been much longer than a month. Thank you for paying attention.

Anyway, I get the feeling that you're only responding to me this way because of my clan tag. You're not even trying to be reasonable. I'm done caring about what you choose to say, if that's how you choose to say it. You have become that which you hate the most. You are the Kesh of the Bowlers, and I wash my hands of you.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2013, 06:27:31 pm »
Right, but unlike the original FCC member clans they didn't set out united from the start. It was something that happened more recently; all the clans I specifically named were unique NA factions earlier this strat.

Well, the Unicorns weren't always united with us, but now I couldn't imagine FCC without them. Did you know AoW's symbol was just added to our faction banner? Really happy about that! Cool guys that I personally need to get to know more. Their banner i yellow, so we were pretty much perfect for each other.

P.S., you guys are being too hard on Gristle. He's one of the good 'uns!

<3

I could dwell, once again, on strat 2 dealings where we were repeatedly called Druzhina's vassal (mostly by FCC, for the record), despite the fact that they had to repeatedly state that they did not keep vassals.

I don't remember doing this, so I'll just blame Kesh to be safe. Sounds like a Kesh thing to do!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 06:36:59 pm by Gristle »

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2013, 06:28:02 pm »
It's been much longer than a month. Thank you for paying attention.

Anyway, I get the feeling that you're only responding to me this way because of my clan tag. You're not even trying to be reasonable. I'm done caring about what you choose to say, if that's how you choose to say it. You have become that which you hate the most. You are the Kesh of the Bowlers, and I wash my hands of you.

Lol paranoid much. I'm not even being unreasonable just stating my opinions which you so vehemently disagree with. Did I call you stupid or tell you to fuck off? Nope not this time. You said you were tired of that tact so I tried a new approach which apparently still presses a lot of buttons. The truth is out there you just need to open your eyes to see it. I'm not the only one that sees it this way, I'm just pointing it out. Sorry if that is perceived as me being hard on you even though I don't think I am.