Author Topic: FCC/FCC Vassal Tactics  (Read 9926 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: FCC/FCC Vassal Tactics
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2013, 06:31:21 pm »
If you want I can find the thread where kesh was or did sell 40,000 "excess" troops to MB. I guess those were recruited by the smaller groups too.

Lol, I would love to see this post.  We have never sold troops only bought them this strategus because we have been so busy fighting non-stop and "40K excess"???  Really?   The only ones who have ever had 40K excess were VE because of its size and Occitan because so many eu factions sitting idle in EU doing nothing gave them troops.  Also,  AOW is part of our crpg faction not just Strategus - it was  a big decision on both sides and took working together for months, like how BRD and Cavalieres ended up joining together in Strategus 1 and Unicorns in strategus 2.

Also, do you understand we have more rank 10s as a ratio of players in the faction than any other faction in EU or NA and more rank5s and higher than any other faction - we share leadership and trust the judgments of others - when dynamike is around he is our go to cavalry leader for battles with huey gone - polish king and holiday are great for leading the melee when they makes battles.  We check in with each other about strategus decisons through ts, pm, and group forum messages.  Fallen have been practically 99% independent this entire strategus with their own fiefs and doing their own trade runs, which is how they wanted to play as part of FCC, AOW owns and controls Curaw one of our most important cities and Remnant will be controlling Dhirim if we win it.  All FCC means is that we can maintain our identities with separate clan tags and even separate tses, but can work together with shared leadership to enjoy the benefits of being a larger faction than 10 guys.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2013, 06:34:27 pm »
+5
Kalam stared at the vellum on the desk as one of his wives lit the candles around it, ensuring that illumination would be more forthcoming here than in the missives he read. Narrowing eyes framed with the crow's feet that came with age, he placed the nib of the quill against the dead skin.

Dear Friends,

I hope this finds you, and not our enemies. Enclosed within is a recipe.

Buttermilk Pie
1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 pinch cayenne
2 1/2 cup sugar
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup buttermilk
1 vanilla pod
1 tablespoon Nutella
6 eggs, lightly beaten

I hope it finds you in good health.

Love,

Kalam

The candles burned on, and wax discolored the teak desk that the eccentric Bridgeburner rested his elbows on. He wasn't reading anything, or even ogling one of his wives. Just staring into space, like the buffoon he was. The candles were spent when he finally picked up the quill to write his final letter for the day.

To My Enemies, Friends, and Onlookers,

I have heard accounts of the righteous anger that we incite abroad. More, of course, on how we conduct ourselves and the 'vassals' we have. More still on the nature of our organization, and how we are led by a single man behind the curtain. A man with an extremely loud voice. A man I call sister. Allow me to dissuade you. Not because it matters (forsooth, it does) if my enemies like me or not, but because someone has to present an alternative to the narrative many cling to. Not as simple, of course, and so harder to believe, but it is the truth to me and mine, even as it is a lie to those who deceive themselves.

We began ages past as a gathering of friends. Clans of less than eight a piece, joining hands to better stand against the darkness in the east. We had seen how the feudalism popular amongst the powers of that time failed them- seen the system of Lords and Vassals fail Calradia. We knew we had to try something different, but it could not be the totalitarian power of the Fellowship that sought Calradia as it's prize.

We were lazier than they. Total power in the hands of one makes life entirely too stressful, you see. It's also nigh impossible, in the culture of our peoples. We were not from the east. We were not (all) Russians. We (North Americans) have always been a fractured people, and so our faction would be fractured too.

So we found the Third Way. Not feudalism. Not an Empire. Not a totalitarian dictatorship. We would rule with many leaders in equal standing. An oligarchy of people who got along. On paper, it may seem like propaganda- especially to those of today who do not know where we came from. The truth is, it's good business, and good business, we learned in the war against the Mercenaries, wins wars better than good warriors winning battles.

You see, the other systems rely entirely too much on carrots and sticks. Many of these other clans had solid structure- a hierarchy to motivate their members and punish them alike. This would not do for us, because it simply isn't the most expedient way. No, allowing members more autonomy (see this) would give them the motivation to achieve things that they might never feel the need to achieve if they did not have a personal stake in the outcome.

Giving people more of a say (or having a larger leader-to-member ratio as well as many smaller groups in one as opposed to one big group) in their own futures results in a better force than merely issuing orders to a subjugated or subservient clan. It's in our own self-interest that these clans maintain their autonomy and choose to fight with us rather than against us, because that yields a more productive result. It's also in our own self-interest that we make decisions as a group. If everyone is involved in those decisions, they are more willing to follow through with the execution than if they were just told to do something.

That's it. That's our 'secret'. Now, you can choose to believe that or to believe the simpler explanation- that there's a man behind the curtain (Kesh) controlling our every move like some sociopath genius chessmaster. I suppose that is up to you.

Sincerely,

Kalam the Hopefully Soon-to-Be Fat

Kalam rolled the letter into a dainty scroll and placed his insignia on the string with the last of the wax. Licking his lips, he turned his attention to what's really important in life: nutella macarons.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 06:38:30 pm by Kalam »

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2013, 06:40:39 pm »
If you want I can find the thread where kesh was or did sell 40,000 "excess" troops to MB. I guess those were recruited by the smaller groups too.

I will however address this one... Have you met us? We do not sell troops we buy troops. Tho I do not think our purchases are at 40,000 yet, we may be close.
Leader of BS

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2013, 06:56:36 pm »
+8
Joe was tying broomsticks to his horses.

He was doing this on a section of wall in New Senuzgda Castle, squeezing between sweating, stinking animals. He would have like to have more room, but he had needed to cram hundreds of horses inside, what with CHAOS and FIDLGB armies roaming the countryside.

Horses were everywhere. In the courtyard, along the walls, in the towers. He had even gotten a few inside the keep, despite The Sweet Prince, Haru's desperate pleas.

"Alright, guys," Joe said, tying the last of the broomsticks to a Well Bred Rouncey, "You remember the plan, right?"

A few nodded, though most stood silent, grim faced. Or as grim faced as horses got.

"I'm not sure where WITCHCRAFT is right now, but you'll find him, I'm sure of it." He stepped a little ways back, and took in his work, laughing--they looked ridiculous. He had taken the precaution of tying several broomsticks onto the armored horses, what with their being heavier.

"My lord," a frightened Mamluk Horse said, a broom tied to his face, "I'm not sure--"

"Shut up," Joe said. "WITCHCRAFT wants talking horses." He took a deep breath, both anticipating and fearing this moment, assured of his success but nonetheless dreading failure.

"Go," he said.

They hesitated, looking around anxiously.

Behind him, Joe saw the faces of many castle guards staring wide-eyed from arrow-slits in the keep. Somebody, maybe Espo, was running towards him, waving his arms. The hundreds of other horses inside the castle stared with open mouths and stricken faces. All eyes were on him, waiting for this moment. This success.

Joe drew his sword and put on his war-face. "FUCKING FLY MOTHER FUCKERS!"

They surged over the crenulations, away from his wildly swinging steel. For a brief moment, WITCHCRAFT's special delivery was airborne, their legs peddling madly at thin air.

Then they plummeted, screaming, fifty feet to the rocky ground below.

Joe peered over the wall, frowning at the pile of twitching, groaning horses below. Cries of "OH GOD, MY LEGS!" and "WHY, WHY?!" graced his ears. It sounded like the lighter rouncey's had landed on top.

Espo, almost at Joe's side, stopped, threw his hands up, and walked back across the courtyard towards the keep. Yes, today's failure had disappointed many. WITCHCRAFT would need to wait a bit longer for his horses.

Joe sighed, realizing that the one thing cav couldn't do was fly.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 07:00:06 pm by KaMiKaZe_JoE »
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2013, 07:07:25 pm »
As someone who was once considered as a possible sole leader of BRD, I can say I would never have fit the shoes of Kalam. Though he gave up his leadership a long time ago, there is none other who I swear fealty too.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Sir_Winston_Churchill

• Knight
  • Renown: 71
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisian Freedom
  • Game nicks: MC_of_Frisia
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2013, 07:28:25 pm »
+5
To all who fought in the battle and went positive (or even), your payment has been sent from my coffers. Excellent turnout and performance overall.

Sorry for not shitposting.

Offline Holiday203

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of Wutang, Justice League
  • Game nicks: Batman_Holiday_AoW

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2013, 09:08:37 pm »
+3
A quick analysis of the current Strategus map and the actions that have led it to be what it is, I think we can safely draw these connections:

FCC is the Caesar's Legion, at their head is the great flamehaired Caesar Kesh, a sick, cruel, inexorable Strategus mastermind.  His right hand man, the Legate Baleohay, organizes and controls their forces in mass.  These two have forced several tribes into slavery, most notably are the tribes of the Remnants and the Wu-Tang tribe.  Several more tribes have fallen to their power, forced to bow down to the great merciless New Player Huey Newton and the ever-loving merciful Godking PARTYBOY of the BIRD CLAN.  The Fiddles lost their land in a quick blitzkrieg, eventually all of their land was given to a new puppet tribe called the Aggregate Alliance.  Next on the Caesar's list was the  green horde known as CHAOS.  Who could stop their tyranny?

So I guess the LCO is the NCR, and maybe Shariz is Hoover Dam?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 09:23:37 pm by Artyem »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2013, 09:22:57 pm »
+3
Can we be the Great Khans?

Or you can be the Powder Gangers, it's somewhat fitting.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2013, 09:29:00 pm »
+4
Damn I missed a lot of posts. I think Gristle and Kalam already covered things pretty well; I guess it really is just that hard for people to believe that we have such success with such loose leadership.

I would like to point out that FCC has been around since strat 1... There are hardly any other NA clans or strat factions that have survived as long as us. Hospitallers and I guess DL are the only others I can think of that are still around. Many people from that time are still around but have made new clans or joined others and so on.

The reason FCC is so resilient is because it has always just been a group of people working together, if one leader leaves then someone else usually picks up the slack. I have vanished for months at a time, Kesh was actually gone for the better part of a year before strat 4 came up; Kalam was gone for a year.

FCC has had moments when we were small and inactive but like many others who play cRPG our members come and go, so our activity level varies depending on how many people are currently playing cRPG. It has gotten easier lately as we play many other games together so sometimes people who haven't been playing cRPG will still be on TS and can be asked to merc in a fight if we are short on people. The others who have joined into FCC this strat have all done so at their own request; they CHOSE to be a part of the FCC (at least for strat purposes).

You guys who don't really know Kesh all think he is a monster dictator shouting people into line and giving orders but whenever a big decisions is to be made he usually asks everyone who is on TS for their opinion and advice and he will go with what most people want... not with what he wants. The way leaders get power in FCC is by taking on responsibility; those who are willing to put effort into strat are generally the ones who are most actively making and influencing strat decisions. Those who don't care about strat beyond getting some XP usually don't care enough to follow whats going on in strat and so they usually don't have strong opinions on most things. If you need an example of FCC making a big decision... When LCO offered us a NAP me and Kesh spent a couple of days asking everyone we could find even if they didn't really play cRPG anymore.

Well, There is a lovely wall of text for youze. Enjoy.

P.S. I am the one who kept calling CHAOS vassals of DRZ and I freely admit to doing it for TWO reasons. Number 1 is that I wanted you to break off from DRZ and embrace your destiny (to work with us and kick ass) and Number 2 is because vovka referred to you in private to other russian leaders as "good dogs who do as they are told".

P.P.S. I edited and hit enter a few times to break up the wall of text a bit to make it look less intimidating even if it might flow a bit weird with the breaks... whatever.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2013, 09:30:21 pm »
+6
I would like to motion for Chaos to be  associated with the Tunnel Snakes.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2013, 09:32:37 pm »
+4
I would like to motion that you stop referencing fake shitty fallout games and only ever acknowledge Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics as all other games with the "Fallout" moniker are terrible games that shit all over my childhood.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2013, 09:33:46 pm »
+1
I would like to motion that you stop referencing fake shitty fallout games and only ever acknowledge Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics as all other games with the "Fallout" moniker are terrible games that shit all over my childhood.
Okay.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.