Author Topic: Decrease or even better remove the chance of knockdown of 1h blunt weapons  (Read 2494 times)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+1
Its much easier to get hit by a 1 hander than a pole, especially when 1 handers have shields. Thats the main point that makes it seem to knockdown more frequently - they just get more hits in and so the chance to proc in a fight is higher. 1 knockdown is a death sentence too, means at least 1 hit when down by nearby enemies + the usual kick that follows leading into more hits
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
I wouldnt mind a small speed buff and damage, over the removal off the knockdown in 1h`s.

Offline Normanguy

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Same thing with me.

12 powerstrike 2 h great mauler and one handers get better knock down than my backswing and overhead it isn't right when thry hace 5-6 ps max lol

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
still kinda silly to get knocked down by peasant with stick while i am high strenght character with superheavy armor :(

A stick has 14 blunt damage, which requires either extremely good speed bonus or 6PS to reach the 20 damage treshold. If he has under 100wpf (a peasant does), it is even harder. So either he is good, you ran into his swing, or he is not a real peasant (or a combination of some), and this should be fine imo.
Armour does hardly anything vs blunt, since the hit will dent it, instead of trying to cut through it, so it will not really affect it.

Offline Mammonist

• Earl
  • Renown: 426
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Centi
and also don't take that peasant's only chance of survival away  :(

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
+2
Good point.

Strength - oriented builds (in heavy armor) should not be knockdown so easily - especially with 1H weapons.

They also shouldn't be able to run around like Usain Bolt while never getting tired. All that meat takes a lot of oxygen and tires under load very quickly. Watch some MMA fights to see what I mean. If you've got a huge muscle bound strength focus guy fighting against a slimmer agile submission guy, unless the beefcake wins in the first few minutes, he quickly tires and is then overpowered by the initially weaker opponent who has more stamina due to needing less oxygen to fuel all those muscles.

I mean, while we are talking realism and all.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Mammonist

• Earl
  • Renown: 426
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Centi
DISCLAIMER: i dunno what the fuck im talking about

If we can go off-topic: I would like to see some kind of stamina system, for example:

- Stamina bar >
  • regenerates quickly when doing nothing (3 - 4 secs?)
  • swinging your weapon takes a chunk of stamina away (based on weapon strength requirement?) and regen starts after a small delay (0.2 - 0.5 sec) to prevent it from regenerating while spamming
  • holding a block freezes the regeneration, releasing block will make regen start after the same delay of 0.2 - 0.5 seconds
  • perhaps running at sprint speed should do something like slowly drain stamina or just freeze regeneration
Something like this could either work or it could fuck up the game majorly

edit: I just realised what this may do to weapons like the katana  :cry:

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
+2
Day 342, Panos still wants to nerf every class, archers are targeting him more.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
I`m not asking for a nerf, I`m asking for a really logical things. Make the knockdown chance, STR based, and not LUCK based.

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
    • View Profile
+1
It IS strength based. The raw damage in the formula is the damage you deal with your PS and WPF taken into account but without the enemy armor

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
+3
Its much easier to get hit by a 1 hander than a pole, especially when 1 handers have shields. Thats the main point that makes it seem to knockdown more frequently - they just get more hits in and so the chance to proc in a fight is higher. 1 knockdown is a death sentence too, means at least 1 hit when down by nearby enemies + the usual kick that follows leading into more hits

It's much easier to get hit and not die by a 1h over a polearm. Polearms being longer and easy to hiltslash with, one must really be weak to 1h animations specifically to be hit more frequently by them over equally skilled polearmers. One knockdown is often a death sentence, although STR meatsacks can survive a complete knockdown/kick combo twice (three times for butan) and getting a knockdown when you are fighting alone against two players isn't very useful either. Going for the kick combo makes the hammer user very vulnerable, you can only do it when there's nobody too close. My point is, 1h are the ones that benefit from knockdown the most due to their damage values being so low, they always have to land many weak hits.

Also side swinging a great maul like a madman in siege works wonders because omg dat knockdown.

Make the knockdown chance, STR based, and not LUCK based.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
I find it harder to defend against 1 hand left swing and overhead than any polearm attack personally. Also you don't have to worry about attack direction so much as a shielder, and you can attack straight after a block without so much delay as when weapon stunned

Derp img is kind of cheap too, leave Panos alone!. There is always an element of luck involved with knockdown afaik. It goes up to 30% or so? Well unless its either 0% or 100% chance to proc it is full of randomness
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 07:09:56 pm by Grumbs »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
+1
I find it harder to defend against 1 hand left swing and overhead than any polearm attack personally. Also you don't have to worry about attack direction so much as a shielder, and you can attack straight after a block without so much delay as when weapon stunned

I guess animations are a subjective thing (as well as the difficulty of blocking in the right direction after three years) but attacking straight after a block is the number one error of all beginner shielders, when faced with a good player at least. It very often leads to being kicked, outreached, outspammed or caught with your pants down because you didn't see the stun (you can be blockstunned with a shield, and there's no way to tell it happened).

Derp img is kind of cheap too, leave Panos alone!. There is always an element of luck involved with knockdown afaik. It goes up to 30% or so? Well unless its either 0% or 100% chance to proc it is full of randomness

True, I understand what he said but his sentence sounded funny to me.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
Whether you can attack straight after a block is just another string to your bow. You don't have to attack so soon but being able to helps

Its not just a case of being able to right block, its when its mixed in with feints and overheads it gets awkward with how fast the attack animations hit

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
military hammer 100% knock down