Author Topic: Horses have no natural predators  (Read 29251 times)

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
Re: Horses have no natural predators
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2011, 05:58:29 pm »
Just a short observation - i'm a cav/infantry hybrid, when i go on foot i die from swords,maces,bows,xbows,throwing weapons and on the most rare occasions i die from cavalry. Just saying.
I was playing in EU_4, half the server was archers, nerf!!!  :wink:
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2011, 06:09:57 pm »
I was playing in EU_4, half the server was archers, nerf!!!  :wink:

And there's still the anti-cav arguments... oh dear. They'll never stop. I heard that cav are only getting a 90 degree lance thingy sometime soon. So that's a nerf. People always QQ when anything kills them. Only difference, most peopel do it on teamspeak, whereas others only have the forums to rage on until the devs change it. 20% of a server being cav is BALANCED. You don't understand that you shouldn't have 2% cav on a server. 10% even! You need to have a balance between builds. We have that now. Skilled cav gets kills, generally of UNAWARE PLAYERS. Unskilled cav force themselves onto pikes. End of story.
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2011, 06:21:45 pm »
I would´nt  mind having that 90 degree lance thingy.

Sounds fair thinking about how easy it is now it ill make it more interesting and more fun to the whole hunt.

On another note cav players will allways be able to top the scoreboard aslong as we have unaware infantry.

Granted yes i know its close to impossible to hear a champ courser or arab horse comming from behind because of their insane speed but im pretty sure they are gettin a speed nerf sooner or l8r right now they move like sonic.  :P

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2011, 06:26:49 pm »
I would´nt  mind having that 90 degree lance thingy.

Sounds fair thinking about how easy it is now it ill make it more interesting and more fun to the whole hunt.

On another note cav players will allways be able to top the scoreboard aslong as we have unaware infantry.

Granted yes i know its close to impossible to hear a champ courser or arab horse comming from behind because of their insane speed but im pretty sure they are gettin a speed nerf sooner or l8r right now they move like sonic.  :P
Actually, I usually see the skilled players top the boards, thing is, some of them are cavalry, like Oberyn. Some of them are shielders. Some of them are 2handers. Does that mean the class needs more nerfing? I don't think so.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2011, 06:34:14 pm »
Archers just need to stop being jerks and help the team by making cav a number one priority.
Any class can top the scoreboard, and does, if it concentrates on weak or unaware targets.

I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2011, 06:37:18 pm »
Archers just need to stop being jerks and help the team by making cav a number one priority.
Any class can top the scoreboard, and does, if it concentrates on weak or unaware targets.
Yup, the whole point is that ninjas no longer backstab the nabs, but cavalry does. Why? Because we ride a horse and are faster than other flankers, so we can kill the rambos first. Unless of course the archers are close enough to barrage us down.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2011, 02:14:12 am »
Heirloom nerf, lance nerf, speed nerf, maneuver nerf. Seriously... lets just introduce the LONG long pike and be done with it shall we? Too much QQ about cav now that they're ACTUALLY seen on the battlefield.
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline OzyTheSage

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 6
  • Om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
  • Game nicks: Ozymandias
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2011, 03:02:28 am »
Pikes

Although, there's always horse archers, in which case he's just going to run away from the first sign of people playing the game danger.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2011, 07:06:41 am »

This isn't reality, nor are many of the comments being passed off as 'truth' by cav players.

Fact is, archers do shoot at horses. However, arrows no longer fly as far, the arrows aren't as fast, we don't have as many arrows, damage drops off over distance, and contrary to the "my horse dies in 1 or 2 arrows" statements, even the rouncey can take as many as 4 arrows from a masterwork strong bow with bodkins and 6 PD. That's fact. All that means is that archers no longer try to hit even horses from long distance as you will quickly run out of arrows and might have gotten a couple lucky hits, which killed nothing. When horses are in range, standing your ground and going for a headshot when missed (which happens all the time with riders who know to weave as they come in), results in you either dead from bump slash, or dead from the lance/pike on a swivel as you try to release and dodge out of the way. With arrows no longer releasing if you are moving, you have to stand your ground, then are screwed if you don't get a kill headshot. Armored ponies eat those headshots and then run around with an arrow sticking out of their eye as you watch from spectator.

Since you bring up the scoreboard, then add in mounted horse kills so that you can actually SEE what the archers are doing instead of your faulty speculation. If I am mistaken and I am the only archer shooting horses down, then maybe a bit of ePEEN loving in the form of scoreboard recognition of their contribution might entice them to shoot more of the horses down.

And the "surround sound" for horses is utterly and uselessly broken.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 07:08:52 am by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2011, 07:47:00 am »
This isn't reality, nor are many of the comments being passed off as 'truth' by cav players.

Fact is, archers do shoot at horses. However, arrows no longer fly as far, the arrows aren't as fast, we don't have as many arrows, damage drops off over distance, and contrary to the "my horse dies in 1 or 2 arrows" statements, even the rouncey can take as many as 4 arrows from a masterwork strong bow with bodkins and 6 PD. That's fact. All that means is that archers no longer try to hit even horses from long distance as you will quickly run out of arrows and might have gotten a couple lucky hits, which killed nothing. When horses are in range, standing your ground and going for a headshot when missed (which happens all the time with riders who know to weave as they come in), results in you either dead from bump slash, or dead from the lance/pike on a swivel as you try to release and dodge out of the way. With arrows no longer releasing if you are moving, you have to stand your ground, then are screwed if you don't get a kill headshot. Armored ponies eat those headshots and then run around with an arrow sticking out of their eye as you watch from spectator.

Since you bring up the scoreboard, then add in mounted horse kills so that you can actually SEE what the archers are doing instead of your faulty speculation. If I am mistaken and I am the only archer shooting horses down, then maybe a bit of ePEEN loving in the form of scoreboard recognition of their contribution might entice them to shoot more of the horses down.

quoted for truth.

Archers tend to be more team oriented than your average bear. Their life depends on you holding back the enemies.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2011, 07:48:46 am »
One small quibble though, what do you mean that arrows dont release when moving? I am able to do such a thing.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2011, 07:58:00 am »
my arbelest works pretty dam good vs cavalry. aim calmly at the horses head and casually release just before rider can stab you, then proceed to perform anal sex on rider while hes sliding along the floor.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2011, 07:58:34 am »
my arbelest works pretty dam good vs cavalry. aim calmly at the horses head and casually release just before rider can stab you, then proceed to perform anal sex on rider while hes sliding along the floor.
hows that 2 slot bit treating ya?
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
  • Renown: 340
  • Infamy: 106
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2011, 08:08:13 am »

This is the internet, we can just assume everything on it is truth. Furthermore, this is a community of gentleman and ladies of which Magicarp is no exception.
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2011, 08:18:20 am »
fine using the langes messer is pretty OP, it has better stats than the pathetic katana when in 2h mode.

100 speed vs 101
92 reach vs 95
37 cut vs 35
24 pierce vs 16
1 slot vs 2 slot

come on item balance team, I know your smarter than this >.>