• cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
Re: nudge
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2013, 03:36:08 pm »
+1
sry rufio but im playing a lot recently on my hoplite and all the time a 1h no shield came close to me i jumped away because you cant get nudged while jumping and then im stabbing them in their tiny face or i just kick them nth easier than that nudge is by far not op even though im fighting my counter
so its complete bullshit that nudges are op
Essentially what I've been saying since my first post in this reason forsaken thread. JUST DON'T FACE-HUG LIKE A CUNT AND YOU'LL BE FINE!

Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2013, 08:29:46 pm »
Throwers deserve to nudge people that would be hilarious and OP but fucking hilarious
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2013, 01:37:19 am »
+1
Essentially what I've been saying since my first post in this reason forsaken thread. JUST DON'T FACE-HUG LIKE A CUNT AND YOU'LL BE FINE!
the times i got nudge wasnt facehugging, it was retreating with shield up backwards. they face hug me and nudge, its increddibly eazy in alot of combat situations on siege and battle to pull of.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2013, 02:00:40 am »
the times i got nudge wasnt facehugging, it was retreating with shield up backwards. they face hug me and nudge, its increddibly eazy in alot of combat situations on siege and battle to pull of.

You, my friend, are doing it wrong. Sidestep, swing at the right time, there are many ways to avoid a nudge. And if all else fails and you do get nudged perhaps accept the fact that you cannot always be at an advantage. I promise you that if you use good footwork you won't get nudged anymore then you get kicked.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2013, 03:54:13 am »
You, my friend, are doing it wrong. Sidestep, swing at the right time, there are many ways to avoid a nudge. And if all else fails and you do get nudged perhaps accept the fact that you cannot always be at an advantage. I promise you that if you use good footwork you won't get nudged anymore then you get kicked.

How often did you see ranged guys landing kicks before?

Nudge is 10x easier to land than kicks regardless and carries far less risk

Just don't see what it adds to the game. Its a cool idea that you can bash someone in the face, but it adds nothing in terms of pvp style combat, it detracts from it imo. We got rid of pole stagger and that even needed to go past a manual block (or shield). This requires no prerequisite fail from a player except being close to someone which is going to happen regardless

Good features are bourn from necessity, or from an idea to increase pvp style depth. This however is only there because its cool (which it is). Its not like someone thought "hey we need more disables in combat, that will add depth". Its "I could code nudges and that looks cool as hell"
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 04:02:07 am by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2013, 04:23:58 am »
+3
How often did you see ranged guys landing kicks before?

Nudge is 10x easier to land than kicks regardless and carries far less risk

Just don't see what it adds to the game. Its a cool idea that you can bash someone in the face, but it adds nothing in terms of pvp style combat, it detracts from it imo. We got rid of pole stagger and that even needed to go past a manual block (or shield). This requires no prerequisite fail from a player except being close to someone which is going to happen regardless

Good features are bourn from necessity, or from an idea to increase pvp style depth. This however is only there because its cool (which it is). Its not like someone thought "hey we need more disables in combat, that will add depth". Its "I could code nudges and that looks cool as hell"

nudges ARE borne of necessity. They are a fantastic addition to the game. The only thing that sucks about them is that it is possible to chain them into a kick. As for why they are needed... 2h hero holds an attack and waits for you to stop blocking.. sure you can try to fake him out or hope you can hit him before he lets his swing go in your face... but now you can also just run up and nudge him then force him to block an attack before he goes back to holding indefinitly again... which prompts you to nudge em again.. or if he is backpedaling you can even knock em down! Or you run into a shielder who refuses to ever attack and has an indestructible shield you can run up and nudge him which might throw him off a bit while you try to position for a swing on em. So yeah, nudges are great. they are also easier to use and easier to avoid for speedy people which is nice cause fuck str crutchers.

Offline Require

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Me, myself, and I
  • Game nicks: Require, Dragonanth
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2013, 05:38:35 am »
REMOVE NUDGE. It makes 1h OP. Having the ability to stun people while RUNNING at them is STUPID OP. Kicking you stand in one spot and takes skill and precision. This is just fucking stupid.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2013, 05:41:46 am »
+1
REMOVE NUDGE. It makes 1h OP. Having the ability to stun people while RUNNING at them is STUPID OP. Kicking you stand in one spot and takes skill and precision. This is just fucking stupid.

kicking gives you a free hit. nudging just mildly annoys people but does not give you time to hit them. also depending on the nudge they use they can be quite open to a smack in the face if they miss.

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2013, 05:46:29 am »
+1
Kicking you stand in one spot and takes skill and precision.
Eh, that's debatable.. Guess it depends on the situation.
I really don't believe though that nudging is that OP. It's great to stop a mauler from completely demolishing you with crush through, and can be used to score a free hit on really, really slow people but otherwise it's just an extra perk to 1h dueling. I don't quite understand why people want it instantly removed without even giving it a chance. Instead of lobbying for it's removal and saying it's so OP, provide constructive feedback that can be used to change the nudge for the benefit of the community and improve combat in general.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 05:56:06 am by Canuck »

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2013, 09:35:39 am »
just leave it on in duels then i dont care, the problem is in teamplay nudge gets silly op. but hey scrubs gonna scrub. and these people saying they cant land a hit after nudge, oh god they have no clue. but ye i guess give it time and see.

canuck , i like how you try to sound smart requesting constructive feedback, but it all boils down to the fact that nudge is stupid because its an offensive unblockable stagger with no real counter but '' footwork'' wich is dependant on builds, so hey yeah if you have high athletics ( 7 + ) nudge wont bother you tomuch. also it isnt badly punishable since the animation is pretty quick and dousnt lock you in place. only way it might be ballanced is if you give it the same block cooldown as hitting a couched lance, then it would be usable for those rare situations where a shielder turtles up hard, and not like now where u have 3 1 handers pressing on and spamming nudge enytime it comes of cooldown.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 09:45:44 am by rufio »

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DONT_GO_THERE, ARTIEstrongestmanINTHEWORLD, WHERES_MY_CHIPPY, PINGAS, derpyhooves, George_Costanza
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2013, 09:48:51 am »
+2
what used to make crpg better than warband, better than chivalry and better than war of the roses was that the core gameplay mechanics - basic melee dynamics, trade-offs for having viable ranged skill, etcetera - were the focus of the experience
melee USED to be fluid, fast, and based on a subtle interplay between twitch-reaction, stat choices, and equipment familiarization.

now everything that made crpg preferable to the other crap knight-vs-knight games is being steadily eroded, useless crap is being added to complicate the game and detract from the fundamental visceral combat that was enjoyed ~2 years ago, meanwhile a host of bugs continue to exist and lots of older, excellent maps have been allowed to completely disappear.

nudge another nail in the coffin
in another year or two crpg is going to be just what chivalry and war of roses are: an arcade game where players juggle tired gimmicks through an overly-complicated interface

block up. block down. block left. block right. swing. stab. overhead. arrows. bolts. throws. shields. kicks. couching. chambers. feints. horsies.
that is ALL you need if you do your core balancing properly

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2013, 11:57:15 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)
Another one of the "back in my day, things were more simple and cooler" post. Grab your cane oldtimer and start scaring the neighbourhood kids while you are at it.

You know back in MY day. We played Pong. We had no need for fanzy graphics and those colors. All you need is a black and white screen and moving parts to make a perfectly balanced game. Like Pong is. Pong ftw!

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2013, 12:36:09 pm »
Why not to add nudge for all weapons, just like kick.
2h,1h, polearm, throwing ... when you fight with opponent you have two options: kick or nudge.

Why would that be a problem?

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2013, 12:48:08 pm »
+1
Why not to add nudge for all weapons, just like kick.
2h,1h, polearm, throwing ... when you fight with opponent you have two options: kick or nudge.

Why would that be a problem?

The funny thing is if we changed the kick we have now so that you can use it while moving people would be up in arms, but add a new animation with a nudge or punch and its the coolest brogamer feature ever. Don't need more kick type mechanics, one is plenty and requires more skill to land than the new one
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2013, 12:48:24 pm »
fix nudge and it would be okay.

It is broken at the moment.

Punch a shield (door, plank, whatever) and tell me how it goes.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.