• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: nudge
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2013, 12:49:15 pm »
+2
The funny thing is if we changed the kick we have now so that you can use it while moving people would be up in arms, but add a new animation with a nudge or punch and its the coolest brogamer feature ever. Don't need more kick type mechanics, one is plenty and requires more skill to land than the new one

Nudge has a worse radius and range than kick. Not saying you don't make sense at all, but your argument is invalid.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2013, 12:52:52 pm »
+1
So changing kicks range a bit but allowing you to move while kicking wouldn't be something people would complain about? If they did that in a patch without this new animation these forums would go crazy with "nerf kick!" type threads. People just can't get over how shiny and new this thing is, its still very similar to a mobile kick and giving it to everyone will be a really bad idea
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2013, 01:07:21 pm »
+1
?

Read carefully.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2013, 01:11:45 pm »
nerf nudge
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2013, 01:13:05 pm »
?

Read carefully.

If you want to elaborate rather than making short "Your argument is invalid" type posts be my guest.
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2013, 09:19:54 pm »
+3
Dedicated 100 gensinarow 2hplayers have no right discussing anything related to class/weaponbalancing. Cause they know about the subject, as much as my cat knows about interstellar travel.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2013, 09:21:32 pm »
+4
OH LOOK, 2H HEROES ARE CRYING OVER A BUFF IN ANOTHER CLASS.

PLEASE BUFF 2H MORE.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2013, 09:24:01 pm »
+2
shut your whore mouth you !!!

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2013, 09:24:13 pm »
+3
Some changes are needed to nudges, however, not the shit the 2h heroes are lobbying for (which is mostly complete removal anyhow), nudging also isn't half as strong as Rufio/Grumbs would make it out to be.

Suggested alterations:

Removal immunity from kicks while nudging, why? It's retarded and fucks over kicks a bit to much. On the other hand a certain bug I don't wanna mention 'cause it'll be abused like crazy regarding kick-knockdown until the next patch in three months need to go.

Shove: Make it knock kicking people down, make it push people quite far backwards, and cancel their attacks, but not stun people or cancel blocks, this nudge would purely be for gaining distance plus pushing people off ledges, which is always fun. Also, increase its range by a decent amount.
Low left cross (normal nudge): Lower the stun on the guy nudged so it is pretty impossible for the nudger to also hit him, keep the knockdown and its conditions.
Left straight (attack nudge): Make it knockdown people doing the other two nudges, remove its ability to knockdown people kicking, increase the time you cannot block after doing it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 09:36:04 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2013, 09:25:06 pm »
+3
shut your whore mouth you !!!

LeDouche!

Offline Require

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Me, myself, and I
  • Game nicks: Require, Dragonanth
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2013, 04:48:03 am »
kicking gives you a free hit. nudging just mildly annoys people but does not give you time to hit them. also depending on the nudge they use they can be quite open to a smack in the face if they miss.
It gives you time to do a chain kick. Meaning Nudge -> Kick -> Free hit. Any agi build 1h can do this nonstop.

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2013, 05:24:24 am »
It gives you time to do a chain kick. Meaning Nudge -> Kick -> Free hit. Any agi build 1h can do this nonstop.

Adding a step to the already-used tactic by most decent 2hers which is kick -> free hit. Any 2h build can do this nonstop.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2013, 05:27:32 am »
im in favour of applying the nudge delay to kicking so as to prevent nudge -> kick. im also in favour of removing kicking though :D

Offline Kenouse

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deserter_Grlmb3rg
« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2013, 07:24:52 am »
That nudge thing is OP as fuck... Its so easy to land, stuns almost as much as a kick and it hardly gives you any delay on your following attack.
Im not even sure why you wanted to buff 1h's, they are pretty strong without it.
If you want to be a 1h without a shield, be my guest.. you already get a damage buff from that if im not wrong. No need to make them even stronger, with a OP moving kick...
Give back Polestun!!

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #104 on: May 28, 2013, 07:24:54 am »
+3
Didn't read thread, but imo; while the nudges are a pretty cool concept, the "held attack nudge" is pure bull.

My suggestion would be to add the shove effect to that attack instead of the instant stagger we have now.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die