Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
Re: nudge
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2013, 08:39:49 am »
1. Lolstab to all of that.
2. All the people whining in this thread are 2 handers. In fact I cannot recall a time I have seen a 1 hander whine about needing a reach buff.
3. The only time that I get nudged is when I let them nudge me (i.e. facehug them). Move your goddamn feet a bit more and you'll be fine.

As a side note, manual blocking is not difficult. I have never seen someone with a decent computer and stable internet not eventually learn how to manually block really well. In fact when I started playing cRPG I had more trouble learning when to swing and when to block as a shielder (because everyone swung their longsword like it was as light as a goddamn butter knife) then I ever did with manual blocking. Not saying that I'm a master blocker, simply saying I've never really understood why certain 2handers feel their manual blocking makes them superior. Pressing 2 keys or moving your mouse in a certain direction while pressing one key is not that impressive people.

plz read better i never said 1 handers wanted more reach, second of all, you seem to still be fairly new to crpg no need to tell people how to play,  we dont care about your oppinion about manual blocking this isnt the thread for that, third of all this post was made from a shielders perspective, the nudge takes away the whole usefullness of a shielder in melee combat, havent even played on my main since nudge implemented but i dont think it will be tomuch trouble on that char.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 08:46:44 am by rufio »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2013, 08:57:48 am »
nudge is brutal against a hoplite.

Hoplites rely on waiting for an opening when someone nudges while facehugging nothing can be done in defence.

On the otherhand 1H was terribly underpowered and this buff is in good spirit
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2013, 11:34:19 am »
well hoplites got a counter then, 1h without shield.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2013, 12:26:44 pm »
Hoplites didn't need another counter.

Only class that relies on teamwork i think its enough of a weakness in cRPG.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2013, 12:30:51 pm »
Hoplites didn't need another counter.

Only class that relies on teamwork i think its enough of a weakness in cRPG.
Have you noticed how strong hoplites are nowadays?

Offline owens

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2013, 12:38:28 pm »
^Ive noticed people using them. I have been playing hoplite in native for the last 2 months exclusively and spend %30 of my cRPG time as hoplite.

A hoplite will always lose 1v1 if the players have similar skill. I am not threatened by hoplites unless there is 3 or more. 2 holites should not be a problem for any decent player with any athletics.

Hoplites are the slowest moving on the battlefield, 1 attack direction, lowered damage, easily stunned, easily chambered and require a compromised build.
PK is back

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2013, 06:02:57 pm »
+1

if u read thread, u will see the explenations arrise, so your argument is invalid. and you dont find it horrible because as an 8 athletics 2hander nudge isnt a big problem for you, unless you get cornered, try playing a shielder brah,

I voted before the responses.

I used nudge sometimes with my shielder (putting the shield away) against other shielders who constantly hold their shield up, good fun. :)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2013, 09:17:38 pm »
+1
Its for 1vs1 purposes. Being a shieldless 1h cunt in the middle of battle turns you into dogmeat.
But its OP as hell tbh in 1v1. Played in EU3. Only 10% of the time I fucked up when nudging and I wasnt even trying very hard. Just randomly swinged a punch at the opponent when the cooldown was over.

But than again, the main guys fearing it were 2h lolstabbers who lacked kickingskills. So I dunno. Kinda neutral here. Nerf it, dont care, dont nerf it, still dont care. It felt beatable yet it was still pretty easy to execute. I dunno rufio. I was swinging my Flamberge when nudge was exsistant and I did pretty good. Just loads of lame highdamage "s"key heroismswings did the trick for me.  :rolleyes:

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2013, 09:57:40 pm »
+2
plz read better i never said 1 handers wanted more reach, second of all, you seem to still be fairly new to crpg no need to tell people how to play,  we dont care about your oppinion about manual blocking this isnt the thread for that, third of all this post was made from a shielders perspective, the nudge takes away the whole usefullness of a shielder in melee combat, havent even played on my main since nudge implemented but i dont think it will be tomuch trouble on that char.

and i dont get why people would max out a pure 1hander build, and then whine about reach and needing buff, onehanders have had alot of love lately and are ballanced if not op in some situations: close quarters tight areas. but hey like i said a week or more so we will see how this mechanic really affect the crpg experience. i think you wont even be able to fight 2vs1 enymore because of this nudge. great fun

Can you read?

Also, I am a shielder and, as I said before, I only get nudged if I face-hug the enemy. You don't need to face-hug to be effective in melee.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2013, 02:07:13 am »
experience real group play naab.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 02:17:33 am by rufio »

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2013, 02:42:32 am »
+4
I love nudges.
"Stunning feature"

(click to show/hide)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2013, 10:33:08 am »
+4
The only class should be whining now is hoplites, my friend said it was so easy for hoplites to get beaten by a 1h-no shield class that it isn't even funny. Yet all I see in this thread is 2h/pole drama.

Seriously guys, you should have been lived in Ancient greece. You would have been better tragedians than Sophocles.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 10:38:09 am by Ronin »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2013, 11:07:41 am »
cunt, ive been saying im whining from a shielders perspective in like 3 posts now.

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DONT_GO_THERE, ARTIEstrongestmanINTHEWORLD, WHERES_MY_CHIPPY, PINGAS, derpyhooves, George_Costanza
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2013, 11:21:08 am »
ADD E HONDAS SLAP ATTACK
OH AND CHUN LIS SPINKICK
I MEAN SINCE WERE JUST ADDING RANDOM STUFF FROM OTHER GAMES NOW INSTEAD OF FIXING BUGS OR WORKING ON BALANCING CORE MECHANICS OR ADDING CONTENT
OK THANKS HAVE A GREAT DAY

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Duck
  • Game nicks: Fuma + sth
  • IRC nick: sF_Leonidas
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2013, 03:29:01 pm »
+2
sry rufio but im playing a lot recently on my hoplite and all the time a 1h no shield came close to me i jumped away because you cant get nudged while jumping and then im stabbing them in their tiny face or i just kick them nth easier than that nudge is by far not op even though im fighting my counter
so its complete bullshit that nudges are op