Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: nudge
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2013, 07:51:14 pm »
Well honestly I don't see why a 2h or pole guy that doesn't want a shield should get shield skill. Having a shield on your back that you draw when you need it is not very practical.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2013, 08:12:54 pm »
Why do I feel you're pointing at me Jarlek? :D
Wasn't thinking of you specifically. Too many who plays like that sadly. Also, aren't you 1h/shield now? (although still tincan :P

Seriously though, this (and the upcoming ones for 2h/pole/shields) will be a nice buff to people that actually charge instead of standing with long weapons at their max reach, wanking off with stabs (2h/pikes/hoplites) or right swings (polearms) while never actually going into the range of being hit themselves.

Nudging and knocking down people that kick feels so good too. Rufio called me a bad kicker (true, I am), and even I had no problem landing kicks, so making the S-key heroes suffer is a nice improvement.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2013, 08:33:51 pm »
I hardly see any str backpeddling bitches beyond myself, so I couldn't see who else you could target ;)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2013, 08:45:19 pm »
El Supreme, Grellenort, Bonk, me(when i havent recently retired), Oldgeezer etc....

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2013, 08:50:29 pm »
Other classes got buffed? Fucking go get them 2h heroes.

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2013, 09:25:14 pm »
+1
El Supreme, Grellenort, Bonk, me(when i havent recently retired), Oldgeezer etc....

None of them are S-whores like me !
Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

Offline Ragni_Bross

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • "At the end of a smile there's a laugh and a half"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Militia
  • Game nicks: Militia_Iwarad
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2013, 09:44:22 pm »
Here's an idea.

Why not remove the bullshit kick and turn the nudge into a shield-bash? That'd make great sense really. It does not make sense that 1h's without shields are better at bashing than the shielders are.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2013, 10:11:58 pm »
Lol, if we balanced with realism the game would be very different. Remove kick and make shielders even more of a cheese class? Nah
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2013, 11:21:30 pm »
+3
Why not give the nudge to fists? I dare you to come with arguments why that would make fisting OP  :idea:

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2013, 12:38:35 am »
here then, the explanation for the minus I gave you:

people generally qq that devs do nothing for the mod. Then someone comes up with new fighting mechanic stuff and you make a thread with this content: "quite an unneeded and stupid new mechanic." Not an opinion, not an explanation why you think so, not a suggestion about what to do, nothing.

I generally like it when they try out new stuff, even if it's horrible at first. (which I don't think nudge is)

sounds good.

if u read thread, u will see the explenations arrise, so your argument is invalid. and you dont find it horrible because as an 8 athletics 2hander nudge isnt a big problem for you, unless you get cornered, try playing a shielder brah, and i wasnt really talking about the Official posts votes, more of the later constant downvotes from the same fairyboygang, aka zlish, jarlek, unther ect. but hey careface.
Just thought this deserved quoting.

im lvl 35 with 4 shieldskill, and i dont get why people would max out a pure 1hander build, and then whine about reach and needing buff, onehanders have had alot of love lately and are ballanced if not op in some situations: close quarters tight areas. but hey like i said a week or more so we will see how this mechanic really affect the crpg experience. i think you wont even be able to fight 2vs1 enymore because of this nudge. great fun
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 12:57:21 am by rufio »

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2013, 12:53:11 am »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2013, 04:02:29 am »

if u read thread, u will see the explenations arrise, so your argument is invalid. and you dont find it horrible because as an 8 athletics 2hander nudge isnt a big problem for you, unless you get cornered, try playing a shielder brah, and i wasnt really talking about the Official posts votes, more of the later constant downvotes from the same fairyboygang, aka zlish, jarlek, unther ect. but hey careface.
Says he doesn't care about the minuses.
Writes about them in every post.

GG
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (Lord,X-Champion)
  • Game nicks: Largos the Weaboo Wrangler, HoC Lord Largos
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2013, 04:40:04 am »
First of all what the hell is grumbs saying, second of all gimmie shield bash!
Well, this doesn't look good for you. Four team kills - definitely intentional, Appeared to be afk more than once in the video.Also kicking people off of walls is grieving! don't do it.... but ill let you off with a warning this time, only because I don't like largos anyway.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2013, 04:58:50 am »
Just need to chamber nudge like chamber kick

true skill has to be rewarded
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2013, 08:25:16 am »
+2

and i dont get why people would max out a pure 1hander build, and then whine about reach and needing buff, onehanders have had alot of love lately and are ballanced if not op in some situations: close quarters tight areas. but hey like i said a week or more so we will see how this mechanic really affect the crpg experience. i think you wont even be able to fight 2vs1 enymore because of this nudge. great fun

1. Lolstab to all of that.
2. All the people whining in this thread are 2 handers. In fact I cannot recall a time I have seen a 1 hander whine about needing a reach buff.
3. The only time that I get nudged is when I let them nudge me (i.e. facehug them). Move your goddamn feet a bit more and you'll be fine.

As a side note, manual blocking is not difficult. I have never seen someone with a decent computer and stable internet not eventually learn how to manually block really well. In fact when I started playing cRPG I had more trouble learning when to swing and when to block as a shielder (because everyone swung their longsword like it was as light as a goddamn butter knife) then I ever did with manual blocking. Not saying that I'm a master blocker, simply saying I've never really understood why certain 2handers feel their manual blocking makes them superior. Pressing 2 keys or moving your mouse in a certain direction while pressing one key is not that impressive people.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"