Author Topic: The new Xbox  (Read 9096 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: The new Xbox
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2013, 06:34:12 pm »
+5
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2013, 06:42:55 pm »
That is rather true. I never wanted that piece of garbage xbox anyway. I find HALO to be a stupid franchise and PS3 is better. But the only reasons I even sometimes consider owning a PS3 was cause of "Red Dead:Redeption", "Infamous" and "Uncharted". But thats still not enough reason to buy it. And blu-ray/dvd player/ kinect? Who the fuck cares about Blu-ray? Buy a smart-tv with HD screen, download a HD torrent stick it in the TV via USB and you all set. Nobody really wants to watch that superduper futuristic blu-ray that bad anyway. The console will probably cost a fuckloads too, considering its EA and Microsoft doing some shit, it means its probably overpriced as hell. Im quite sure you would get a pretty good TV for the cost of the new xbox.....

Herp derp merp Fanboy talk.

Halo is fucking awesome, the gameplay has not really changed over the years, that´s true ,but the story behind it is simply awesome and it is one of the BEST co-op games for consoles.Also, PS3 is NOT better.They are basically the same.The graphics are pretty much the same, only difference is that you dont have to pay for online on PS3(Well, I guess we´ve seen what kind of big advantage that is...)and the gamepads, which highly depend on individual taste(Oh, and the Blu-ray player, but since "Nobody really wants to watch that superduper futuristic blu-ray that bad anyway", I guess that doesnt matter).The exclusive games on each console also differ, but again, individual taste.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1744
  • Infamy: 998
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2013, 06:50:20 pm »
+2
Halo Reach (played co-op at friends house) had the worst graphics I've seen in last 10 years. Game was quite awful as well. I've played way better FPS games in 1997 when I was 10 years old. Actually those games are better than the most console FPS games I've tried (Duke Nukem 3D and Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight).

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2013, 06:57:58 pm »
What I don't like about the newer "console" games is that they are almost strictly 1 player. Almost no split-screen singleplayer games are made anymore. On Ps3 I have 1 game that can be played on splitscreen. On my Ps2 all of my games can be played with a friend on split-screen. Like SSX3 which is the only game that makes me still play PS2 occasionally.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2013, 07:08:37 pm »
Herp derp merp Fanboy talk.

Halo is fucking awesome, the gameplay has not really changed over the years, that´s true ,but the story behind it is simply awesome and it is one of the BEST co-op games for consoles.

I have never ever understood people who say this. I like the first. Enjoyed the second and have found the others boring but it had nothing to do with the story. The story was rubbish all the way through. Have to say the co-op was good though.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2013, 07:34:33 pm »
I find good stories reading books, if you play a game mostly for the scenario but think the gameplay is meh, there is something amiss. The Halo series is among the best of its genre though, for a gamepad FPS that is.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2013, 08:19:43 pm »
I have never ever understood people who say this. I like the first. Enjoyed the second and have found the others boring but it had nothing to do with the story. The story was rubbish all the way through. Have to say the co-op was good though.

It´s not so much the story of the campaign, but the setting and the BIG story behind it.

The Concept is not entirely new, I grant you that, but it´s really fascinating.You should try and read some Halo books, there are really good among them.

It is a well- thought out Sci-Fi setting as it is rarely ever seen in games

Also, I dont think the gameplay is meh.I said it didnt change much and is not really innovative; For me, it doesnt need to be.The gameplay is awesome as it is, why would I want it to change?
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2013, 08:33:38 pm »
+6

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2013, 08:36:19 pm »
+12

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2013, 08:48:51 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
lol good one. But seriuslly. Xbox 1? What are they fucking retarded? Even if its all-in-one its still incredibly stupid to call it 1. The name itself already suggest its made by morons.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 08:52:23 pm by TiberiusX »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2013, 08:49:00 pm »
+4
(click to show/hide)

Nintendo 64 and Commodore 64 nips in to take the trophy.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2013, 08:50:58 pm »
+1
Atari 2000?
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2013, 08:52:04 pm »
Xbox the next water cooler... okay

next thing I don't own :lol:

I'd buy it if it actually cooled water. That's pretty neat.

lol good one. But seriuslly. Xbox 1? What are they fucking retarded? Even if its all-in-one its still incredibly stupid to call it 1. The name itself already suggest its made by morons.

Mandatory pun:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2013, 08:52:29 pm »
The its all-in-one marketing doesnt work for me at all anymore. We have cellphones with HD screens that do the work of atleast 100 devices. Them stacking loads of shit into one cube isnt very impressive anymore. Why call them smartphones? Call them "Phone One's". Xbox logic...

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2013, 08:55:04 pm »

It is a bit bizarre. The worst part is someone probably got paid a shed load of money to come up with it and several other names. Then a group of people sat around, discussed it and went 'well guys, I think we have a winner here. Xbox 1'. Can't understand how anyone settled on that without considering how dumb it sounds. Not to mention how ugly it is. Haven't spoken to a single person who likes the look of it.