Author Topic: The new Xbox  (Read 9057 times)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
The new Xbox
« on: May 22, 2013, 07:36:54 am »
+1
I dont play, nor have I ever even owned a xbox before. But oh boy, the shit I heard about it makes me happy im hooked on PC for life. Pitty it will have alot of exclusives thou.
Firstly. Da fuck name? Xbox one? I mean lol. "You have the new xbox? Fuck yea. I got xbox 1!"

Second no used games. I remember enjoying the fruits of constantly trading disks on playstation with my fellow people, xboxfans not being able to switch games is quite sad. Also that means hoarding the new xbox games is rather pointless. Cause if you one day plan to sell your collection, its pretty much worthless, I think.

Also this one is the most laughable shit of all. EA partnership! EA announced not so long ago that they are removing some wierd online pass system or some shit cause it was stupid and greedy. And people got confused, thinking that mybe EA isnt such a huge scumbag afterall. Couldnt have been anymore wrong. Im quite sure this is another one of EA-s scam to steal your money,  to not have used games. Cause they will be making alot of exclusives for the Xbox one, which means most profit for them. If this is true, I belive that EA is litterally pushing it, to see how much robbery the gamers can really take.

Ofcourse like I said in the beginning. I dont play Xbox and I dont know alot about xbox. I just wrote what I read on from some of the sources. In short, discuss. I am interested to know what do people who acctually know about this stuff think.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: The new Xbox
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 08:15:04 am »
+7
Never owned a console, no regrets

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 08:37:47 am »
+5
#PCgamingmasterrace

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 08:48:20 am »
Never owned a console, no regrets
This, really.

Although there are a few games I always wanted to get on the PC but those are not enough to make me care.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 09:19:36 am »
+1
I've owned a SEGA, xbox (you know, the first one...) and now a PS3.

SEGA and xbox I owned simply because I spent the summers without a computer, so it was a way of playing games when I had no access to my PC.

My PS3 is a glorified DVD player. Only games I've really played on it is Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire + FIFA with friends.

No regrets here either.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 09:53:54 am »
Sony's stock actually started to go up as the Xbox One reveal progressed.  Kinda funny, that.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 09:56:01 am »
Microsoft can get fucked in the ass for all I care.

EA as well, they can fuck off to hell.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 10:35:47 am »
I'm interested in the technical details. The PS4 was distinctly underwhelming from that point of view and only a dash above my PC. Struggling to find any details on the Xbox other than 8gb ram.

The only thing that can be said for it is the all in one concept. If they can pull that off properly it will take a significant market of people who don't want several computers, a console, a blu-ray player and other stuff. Instead now they can just buy an Xbox 1 and have all of those.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 305
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 12:19:02 pm »
I'm interested in the technical details. The PS4 was distinctly underwhelming from that point of view and only a dash above my PC. Struggling to find any details on the Xbox other than 8gb ram.

Same CPU cores (AMD Jaguar) but unlike PS4 this thing probably has those GPU cores that are inside regular desktop APU, while PS4 has something comparable to Radeon 7850 in terms of computing power. Another difference is RAM, PS4 has 8GB of GDDR5 RAM we can find on desktop graphics cards but memory controller is redesigned so that both CPU and GPU use the same memory pool (they call it unified memory). Xbox One has 8GB of regular DDR3 RAM we all have in our machines but also has a bit of extra fast eDRAM to speed up transition of data between CPU and GPU.

This is somewhat based on rumours but looking at their spec sheet, it's mostly correct. Xbox One is noticeably weaker console than PS4. That is why graphics they have shown is also a lot worse than what Sony have shown. For example, Call of Duty Ghosts doesn't look as good like Crysis 3 on PC.

But this isn't a console, it's more of a home entertainment system for the whole family.

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 12:23:31 pm »
+3
Red Dead Redemption
that game justified bying the xbox for me

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 12:51:23 pm »
I say one fucking word to all the haters:

Halo.

More than enough reason for me to buy the xbox360, will be enough reason for me to buy the xbox 1, too.

Also: Uncomplicated Co-op.Have a friend over and want to play videogames together?Oh you dont have a console?Well pity you then, because you either have to have 2 Computer-set ups ready or your friend has to bring his.No spontaneous co-op sessions for you(Except over the internet, but it´s better if you can pop a few beers with your buddys while playing).

And, lastly: Football and Racing games are way more enjoyable(At least for me) on consoles than they are on PC.

Overall, it is that the consoles are just less complicated than PC´s.Not that a PC is actually complicated in terms of playing and so on, but still more than a console is.

If I had to choose, I´d prefer my PC anytime, but it´s nice to have both.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 12:56:02 pm »
Meh I haven't overly enjoyed Halo since the first one.

The social side is really the only benefit of consoles that I can see.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 01:02:14 pm »
+1
The social side is really the only benefit of consoles that I can see.

Yeah, bunch of 12 year olds yelling in the mic about what kind of sexual interactions they had with your mother, is a great benefit.   :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 02:09:33 pm »
Yeah, bunch of 12 year olds yelling in the mic about what kind of sexual interactions they had with your mother, is a great benefit.   :)

Haha I meant more the friends in living room gaming. Limiting any interaction with consoles kiddies over the internet if of the utmost importance  :)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 02:10:06 pm »
If all you want is splitscreen fun with friends, you would be much better off buying a PS2 or even a wii.