Author Topic: What do western people think about Syria? What does your media tell you?  (Read 5577 times)

Offline Germanicus

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 110
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
FSA = Terrorists supported by countries (USA, Israel, EU) claiming to fight a war on terrorism and real dictatorships (Qatar and other sheikdoms)
Syria = A souvereign country trying to remain so

German mainstream media is telling me these terrorists are good terrorists and Assad is an evil dictator.

yeah, assad is the best syria happened, the rebels are consisting of extremists and jihads and some peasants which dont know shit
"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else." - Winston Churchill

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
yeah, assad is the best syria happened, the rebels are consisting of extremists and jihads and some peasants which dont know shit

Ah no. Assad is like all powerful men. He cares about his power, but very little about the little people.

But the main issue in these Muslim countries is, that the vast majority of people has very little or no education at all.
So they believe what their religious leaders tell them and hope for a better time in afterlife.
The religious leaders tell them God (Allah) wills it, they do it. Even if its a suicide mission because they are 100 % sure Allah will like it and give them some extra virgins when they enter paradise.

The USA and their European vassalls are controlled by Saudi gold. Thats for sure. So they keep telling us of the brave fight of the rebells, what is bullshit.
Should the rebells win, Syria would fall back to a very primitive level where women are not allowed to leave the house alone, get a drivers licence or study and such for us 'normal' things. And of course they would have to wear these silly clothes where they even cant see something.

Doubt you can call 90% of a religion for sectarians lol.

I think he meant Salafists, those Sunnis who take Mohameds words literally and want the world to stay as it was at Mohameds days: Women have no rights. Old men marry little girls. Can have up to four little girls. And of course kill everyone who doesnt stick to their rules. And the rules are very strict: Drink some water in Ramadan, you get killed. Question if its right that an old man marries a child of 7 years, you get killed. That way.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 04:06:43 pm by Michael »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
The USA and their European vassalls are controlled by Saudi gold. Thats for sure. So they keep telling us of the brave fight of the rebells, what is bullshit.

You have no idea what you are talking about. During our banking crisis, we printed 700 billion new dollars. That should have resulted in the devaluation of the dollar, but it didn't. The dollar is worth more today against other currrencies than it was before the financial crisis.
Well then you would think that it would cause inflation. Nope. Inflation dropped to .1% in 2008 and is around 1% now in the U.S. and it hasn't gone above 3% since the crisis.
Well then foreign governments like Saudi Arabia loaned that money to the U.S.!
Nope. The Federal reserve doubled its holdings to 1.66 trillion at that time which works out to, yep about 800 billion. We printed the money and borrowed it from ourselves.
Thanks World!

Hell, even without those facts, you have other facts in the way of your "Saudi Arabian gold" conspiracy. The biggest owner of U.S. foreign debt, not National, we hold 2/3 of that ourselves is China, and they only just barely edge out Japan. Followed by them is the United Kingdom and Brazil. Brazil holds more U.S. foreign debt than Saudi Arabia. The only way you get past Brazil (but not even the U.K.) is to combine all oil exported as a group, which means including Ecuador, Venezuela, Indonesia, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Algeria, Gabon, Libya, and Nigeria along with Saudi Arabia.

Try a new tin foil hat my friend.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
You have no idea what you are talking about. During our banking crisis, we printed 700 billion new dollars. That should have resulted in the devaluation of the dollar, but it didn't. The dollar is worth more today against other currrencies than it was before the financial crisis.

Isn't this statement a bit strange? I would expect other countries' currency to devalue along the devaluation of the dollar, since the worth of their own money is tied to the USA's debt towards that country
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Isn't this statement a bit strange? I would expect other countries' currency to devalue along the devaluation of the dollar, since the worth of their own money is tied to the USA's debt towards that country

No, it is based upon the ability to maintain the worth of the currency. The U.K and Japan's investment in dollars, while sounding large to the common person, is a sliver compared to their overall value and it isn't like there a lot of choices out there (and the Euro isn't just the U.K. anyhow) They are comparative values. If the U.S. were to suddenly renege on its debts, its value would plunge. While the countries invested in the dollar would have some loss, it would be more than made up for by investors flocking into those currencies and out of the dollar. In relation to each other, the dollar would plunge while the other currencies would increase in value. Now if the Great Depression part Deux in America caused a worldwide recession/depression, then you would likely see a drop across the board while precious metals skyrocketed, but in comparison to each other, the dollar would still not maintain its value against the other currencies.
That volatility and the manipulation of the currencies with the ability of certain countries *coughUScough* to be able to simply print new money is a big part of the reason that China is pushing to have a Global currency that isn't tied to any country. This would certainly cause other problems by preventing countries from being able to artificially devalue their currency (sort of the problem Greece has being part of the EU and tied to the Euro), like for instance Japan. That is the strategy they are using for their current recovery. Why would you devalue your currency? To make your goods more attractive for export, which was the game China has played for decades, which kind of makes their proposal a bit ironic, while at the same time explaining why it was not a very big push. I don't think they were serious about it quite yet, but they are making waves because once they shift to more of a consumer society, they will want to prevent other countries from doing what they have done in order to keep their manufacturing and jobs and therefore the goods being bought local to China. Oh yeah, that and China needs to become a larger player in Banking (not they the don't have the money to do so). Because once a Global currency is no longer based upon the ability of a single country's abilities to pay its debts, the player in charge of how much currency is in the market and what a unit of that currency will buy will be a Global Bank that manages its value.
Now for my tin foil hat. If that comes to happen, the countries that aren't part of running it, and common pissants like us will forever be locked into the 99%. Only then it will be the 99.9999%
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Henry_Broodsonson

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsfhny3oz3o
    • View Profile
I summed Chimerica trade like this before:

Send the printing presses to China, China sends the goods straight to landfill.

Offline Henry_Broodsonson

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsfhny3oz3o
    • View Profile
"Now for my tin foil hat. If that comes to happen, the countries that aren't part of running it, and common pissants like us will forever be locked into the 99%. Only then it will be the 99.9999%"

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+1
That day, when Henry_Broodsonson isn't the one making the least sense in some thread.

It is all connected

37 .. 18

\ lightwagon

vertical sp4ces                 #1000454067

http://brownlab.stanford.edu/Pat_Brown_Lab_Home_Page/Papers_files/Schena_M_Science_1995.pdf

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
You can't handle my randomness

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
+1
This thread has been blessed with the unexpectSFBkasbiljhsdgbsdg

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
+1
This thread has been blessed with the unexpectSFBkasbiljhsdgbsdg

Kafein.exe is not responding

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
Kafein.exe is not responding

please

In any serious OS my program would be named "kfn", clear, concise and to the point.

Pretty sure nobody will get the reference