Author Topic: What do western people think about Syria? What does your media tell you?  (Read 5578 times)

Offline Henry_Broodsonson

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsfhny3oz3o
    • View Profile
/drinks

The dragon was predictable.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
No, it is based upon the ability to maintain the worth of the currency. The U.K and Japan's investment in dollars, while sounding large to the common person, is a sliver compared to their overall value and it isn't like there a lot of choices out there (and the Euro isn't just the U.K. anyhow) They are comparative values. If the U.S. were to suddenly renege on its debts, its value would plunge. While the countries invested in the dollar would have some loss, it would be more than made up for by investors flocking into those currencies and out of the dollar. In relation to each other, the dollar would plunge while the other currencies would increase in value. Now if the Great Depression part Deux in America caused a worldwide recession/depression, then you would likely see a drop across the board while precious metals skyrocketed, but in comparison to each other, the dollar would still not maintain its value against the other currencies.
That volatility and the manipulation of the currencies with the ability of certain countries *coughUScough* to be able to simply print new money is a big part of the reason that China is pushing to have a Global currency that isn't tied to any country. This would certainly cause other problems by preventing countries from being able to artificially devalue their currency (sort of the problem Greece has being part of the EU and tied to the Euro), like for instance Japan. That is the strategy they are using for their current recovery. Why would you devalue your currency? To make your goods more attractive for export, which was the game China has played for decades, which kind of makes their proposal a bit ironic, while at the same time explaining why it was not a very big push. I don't think they were serious about it quite yet, but they are making waves because once they shift to more of a consumer society, they will want to prevent other countries from doing what they have done in order to keep their manufacturing and jobs and therefore the goods being bought local to China. Oh yeah, that and China needs to become a larger player in Banking (not they the don't have the money to do so). Because once a Global currency is no longer based upon the ability of a single country's abilities to pay its debts, the player in charge of how much currency is in the market and what a unit of that currency will buy will be a Global Bank that manages its value.
Now for my tin foil hat. If that comes to happen, the countries that aren't part of running it, and common pissants like us will forever be locked into the 99%. Only then it will be the 99.9999%

Thanks for this explanation, very insightful.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
please

In any serious OS my program would be named "kfn", clear, concise and to the point.

Pretty sure nobody will get the reference

kentucky fried nickname?

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
please

In any serious OS my program would be named "kfn", clear, concise and to the point.

Pretty sure nobody will get the reference
./kfn: Command not found.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
kfn because obscure TLA in lower case using only consonants is exactly the kind of name you would expect from this guy

Who also happens to be saying "clear, concise and to the point" when describing such naming practices.

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
    • View Profile
why do you guys always derail interesting threads? shitposters..

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
+1
The liability of giraffes is a concern to the common wealth of the Caribbeans, they don't produce enough profit so that they can accomplish post-election violence.

But also commonly known as the radiation from Xenon lamps. All in all I think I prefer the latter.

BTW did you know a Brood once named Henry boarded a train with nothing but his passport? I think that was very fulfilling. As the saying goes; "You reap what you sow."
He sure liked to properly educate the masses, much like lutherans.

I still don't think it's appropriate, but it's a forgivable matter. It is all over in a fortnight anyway. Otherwise, who is responsible if not the liposuctions of post-conception? That is very bad, in my frank opinion.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
Could it be a gift of good will? I mean, it's always a someone. Everything is just collapsed.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Henry_Broodsonson

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsfhny3oz3o
    • View Profile
It is a fortnight. Liposuction doesn't come into it. :/

I was always ahead of the game.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
The question has been asked. We can now heat up the towel factory. See you on the other side.