Author Topic: [NEW] Commander Mode  (Read 10788 times)

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
Re: [NEW] Commander Mode
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2013, 07:15:16 pm »
+1
From my experience this gametype is loads of fun and has tons of potential. Me and my friend used to play NW commander tons and would just fuck shit up.

Aside from working out bugs and fine tuning (as expected from being very early in its process still), the only thing I would want to add is a troop tree, with different tiers of units. For example if I were a Nord and I wanted ranged. I would want different options of ranged. Different options such as ranged that focuses on throwing, or ranged that focuses on bows.

Or for infantry I might want heavy huscarls with some throwing axes, a shield, and some form of melee, such as a sword or an axe. Or I could have heavy anti cav, infantry with no throwing and a spear, shield, and sword or axe.

Just needs a little variety :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2013, 07:17:30 pm »
If you want NW, go play NW.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2013, 07:24:04 pm »
If you want NW, go play NW.

It has nothing to do with wanting it to be NW.....NW was just the first prominent Commander mode for a warband mod, so its a good basis to build from.

All I was asking for was some form of a troop tree. (which the native singleplayer has, which this gametype is based off of)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2013, 07:27:54 pm »
Here's my try:

-Reduced Rhodok Sharphooter's stats.  It is still decent in melee, but lowered it's power strike and athletics. Also no ironflesh, since they have their gigantic shields as armor. They still use sniper crossbow though.
-Changed armor of Rhodok Sergeants to padded cloth, they are not sergeants anymore but veteran spearmen instead.

-Increased nord scouts' athletics and throwing capabilities. They are better on foot now and a bit more reliable skirmishers (if you can even get to use their throwing). Same applies for Rhodok Scouts, (other than throwing) since they mimic the stats of nord scouts.

-Riding of Sarranid horsemen increased to 5, which was 4 before. I think it wasn't making any sense even crappy nord and rhodok cavalry had 5 riding while sarranid cavalry had 4 riding.

-Lowered the archery of khergit horse archers, they had 150 wpf. Which means they would have a faster fire rate compared to ground archers; wasn't making much sense.

(click to show/hide)

Vaegirs, khergits and swadians are unchanged; because I never played with them. The servers never seem to open any of those. Nord, rodok, sarranid all day.

By the way, I agree some more variety could bring a lot. The types coming to my mind are: Heavy cavalry, light cavalry, skirmishers (throwers), horse archers, light infantry, heavy infantry, archers, archer/inf, infantry/throwing, crossbowmen...
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2013, 07:59:21 pm »
+1
I still believe there can be a compromise found between no weapons and hero mode.

Offline ARN_

• Duke
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Arn
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2013, 08:21:08 pm »
Would be fun to be able to fight :D
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2013, 08:36:31 pm »

So, due to bad luck, we are running two strong servers parallel for a few weeks. Instead of just pay for it with no gain,

Why not a high noon super bright daylight native-like battle server instead?

On Eu4, its night for 500 years now.
So apparently its possible to take one server out of the weather-time-circle.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2013, 11:30:14 pm »
Well I'd be really appreciated if zlisch would explained what he didn't like. Thinking/playing on something all day only to see some douchebag minused your work is a bit disappointing.

About the rhodoks part, their symbol is a crossbow not a spear. They were famed for their massive crossbow fire, which was supported by spears and pikes against cavalry charges. Since the ai can't handle spears well, they were armed with one handed weapons mostly. To be honest, their infantry were pretty much the same as nord veterans. But you can't have the best of both worlds. Having the best infantry and the best archers was simply too much, not to mention those archers were also making very formidable infantry. So I changed their infantry to be units designed to support their crossbowmen, just like that nord archers were designed to be supporting nord infantry. It's not like they are very weak. They still have their gigantic shields and superior stats (7 ironflesh).

The rhodok cavalry was sharing the same stats as nord cavalry, so when I changed nord cav a tiny bit; I also changed rodok cavalry to not play with the balance further.

Edit: it says that in the new patch, they added swadia and vaegir. I will look into those too.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 11:33:27 pm by Ronin »
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2013, 11:37:11 pm »
Just FYI - Nord Scouts are a waste of units.  :?

TERRIBAD! :rolleyes:

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2013, 11:47:41 pm »
No I disagree. They are just worse than the other units, that means bring less cavalry if you're nord or rhodok. But it's not like you can not find a good use for them. I personally had great success using them as a distraction. Just make them charge to break enemy formations and watch your archers peppering down the enemy with arrows. Because once the enemy is engaged in melee combat, they can't use their shields properly. After all, they were designed to support your other troops. Don't use them as you use sarranid cavalry and you won't be disappointed.

Also one thing to not forget, they have the speed and manuever of a horse so they can be more swift compared to your foot units.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2013, 11:57:16 pm »
I just can't understand why can't we fight with our char ... if we are smarter than bots (I hope), bots can have more IF , ATHL, RIDING , ... And I never saw a guy who beaten more than 10 units in the same time on open field ...

And ... plates are too expensive, as courser , so , there is another reason to let players play with their stats ..

We almost pay everything because the battle 200 vs 200 because of the time ... So , that's unfair with new players.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2013, 12:00:40 am »
They fixed upkeep.

And believe me, being able to fight would ruin to point of the gamemode. It will basically be a rat race.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2013, 12:04:56 am »
 :shock: I paid at least 15 k this day ... only on commander server  :wink:

And, even if players are smarter than bots , how can they beat tincans without exploiting a bug on Dtv ?  :)

Offline SoA_Sir_ODHarry

• Baron
  • Renown: 134
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ODharry
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2013, 12:59:44 am »
+1
would it be possibel too make commanders abel too place some Stacks and Siege Shields?Would be a great add
Crob: i'm in duel tryin to not be shit
Crob: now i'm running round eu2 with a dagger

JOIN The Horde NAO
       http://steamcommunity.com/groups/F-POC

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2013, 01:00:39 am »
I always liked playing like this in native, reckon I'll have to try it.
Don't.