Poll

Remove the worthless peice of shit grief tool.

Yes its fuckin retarded and full of holes...
71 (64%)
No i have a small penis and like to grief others.
40 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Author Topic: Remove the fuckin grief nominate tool all rdy....  (Read 4700 times)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Remove the fuckin grief nominate tool all rdy....
« on: May 04, 2011, 12:18:44 am »
Remove the fuckin grief nominate tool all rdy.... 3rd time i get nominated by some jizz container during combat it gets old fast....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSwtgUGj3SY
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 07:57:27 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
Re: Remove the fuckin grief nominate tool all rdy....
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 12:21:57 am »
Not to mention the fact that you can be penalized even if someone is actually leeching. For example:

The other day when my team was winning a round I came to the enemy's spawn. There was a naked guy there with no weapon. I walked up to him and he didn't do anything. So, I reported him as a leecher. Apparently, he was still at his computer even though he was leeching. He proceeded to hit "M" and I lost my multiplier for reporting someone who wasn't actually leeching.

The system is broken.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 12:22:58 am »
Its fuckin retarded chadz remove that worthless peice of shit tool all rdy and let the admins do there job instead
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline chaosegg

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • gen 19 Escapist, Philosurfer, Voluntaryist
    • View Profile
    • I need to know why.
  • Faction: Tigurini
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 12:42:28 am »
I played maybe 10 hours since the patch with that report crap,
and I won't play CRPG any more till it is fixed or removed.

Here's where I talk about it in the "what needs to be changed in v0.22" announcement thread:
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,4450.300.html
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 03:05:33 am by chaosegg »
"All true warriors travel the same river of blood, if one is disgraced, all are disgraced; if one finds his death in glory, so do we all find glory.
No true warrior would allow another to suffer unjust disgrace or begrudge him the fruits of a well-earned victory."

Offline Player_01

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 27
  • Balls deep!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Former Union Knight (FUK)
  • Game nicks: Emperor_Loki, FUK_Loki_STF, Roseash
  • IRC nick: Player_01
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 12:54:03 am »
I say the timer should be longer, I was in the middle of combat when I saw red text. I read it too late and BAM! Removed from game and a 5x gone. On top of the longer timer, remove reward/penalty for the damn thing.

That way if someone is AFK leeching, they get kicked and if they're just mashing M. Go get an admin.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MrExxc

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Don't pronounce it "EKsKsSee", just "X"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Exxc, Poussiere_Supreme
  • IRC nick: Exxc
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 12:59:19 am »
Just remove it, there's always an admin around, or on Irc, this is being abused of...

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 01:13:58 am »
NOOOO, not mah abooze buttonz!
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 01:44:17 am »
is it that hard to hit M after you see a wall of crimson text all over your screen?

i think servers should have alot more leeway over their domains and could choose to enable or disable features like this.

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 02:23:17 am »
Its fuckin retarded chadz remove that worthless peice of shit tool all rdy and let the admins do there job instead

Probably those dirty xbowers just griefing you  :lol:
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.

Offline Mullerian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 06:23:03 am »
I played maybe 10 hours since the patch with that report crap,
and I won't play CRPG any more till it is fixed or removed.

Here's where I talk about it in the "what needs to be changed in v0.22" announcement thread:
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,4450.300.html
(click to show/hide)

Well tbh im all for removing the bonus multiplier on a successful report and keeping the negative on a non-successful one. That way you're not giving added incentive to abuse it, but you will still open up for removing people who feel like everyone else should be penalized because they cant just wait till after they are dead with going to the kitchen or tabbing out to fix equipment.

Offline chaosegg

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • gen 19 Escapist, Philosurfer, Voluntaryist
    • View Profile
    • I need to know why.
  • Faction: Tigurini
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 06:29:47 am »
is it that hard to hit M after you see a wall of crimson text all over your screen?
Yes it is sometimes.

To be able to attack your teammates' multipliers now as some kind of joke of a mini-game to get your own multipliers, (hunting anyone idle for more than 9 seconds instead of playing cRPG)
adds nothing good to a game where you can already hit/kill your team, or make the team lose the round just by playing the real game badly or purposely griefing in other ways.

The successful "nomination as leacher" should AT WORST, send you to spectator team [so you do not continue to "leach", but keep your multiplier],
NOT BOOT FROM THE SERVER AND MAKE YOU LOSE MULTIPLIER.

I was so pleased with this latest balance patch I was going to donate again,
but till this is fixed I will not even so much as play the game; just gonna be here trollin' the forums.  8-)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 06:52:34 am by chaosegg »
"All true warriors travel the same river of blood, if one is disgraced, all are disgraced; if one finds his death in glory, so do we all find glory.
No true warrior would allow another to suffer unjust disgrace or begrudge him the fruits of a well-earned victory."

Offline OzyTheSage

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 6
  • Om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
  • Game nicks: Ozymandias
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 06:49:54 am »
Just today I was on the siege server and typing out a particularly long message (I type rather slowly) so I wasn't moving. Somebody reported me for leeching, so I felt kinda bad when i had to make him lose a multiplier. It made me feel like an ass, really. If anyways, pushing any button (perhaps one of the WSAD keys) would prevent people from doing this while someone's in combat, because most likely they'll be moving around (with WSAD, or SD if they use ESDF setup).

If anything, using the 'report leecher' thing should send a message to admins (assuming what you say is true and an admin is on) so they can go check it out themselves. Perhaps even make the "show names cheat" more useful since they get the name of the leecher they can immediately go and check it out without having to go spectator.

Also, the other day I was reporting someone as a leecher, and apparently it was reporting Goretooth (who was trying to actively chase down an enemy cavalry) so I don't know what's up with that.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 08:36:47 am »
2 of the times i got nominated where when i was in full combat so i geuss the alt tap browsing the website to game while being dead gave the griefer and open window to attack me..

Anyways if your where to keep this grief tool atleast change the key to RMB so u can hold block in combat so the griefer dont get any cookies...

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 10:30:31 am »
Remove the fuckin grief nominate tool all rdy....
I won't play CRPG any more till it is fixed or removed.
since we all now its a great pleasure to obey swearing and threatening dudes this will surely help. :rolleyes:

On topic I absolutely do not understand why this system was deleveloped and put time in. There will allways be need of admins and so long as admins are online everything worked fine before the patch. Maybe it was thought to reduce the work for admins but like the others said here its only increasing the work. Now they have to observe if the nomination tool is used correctly, very absurd.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 10:44:43 am »
No need to get all ragey.  :rolleyes:

I get it though, it's really annoying. Don't worry, the devs and chadz realize it's too easy to abuse and i'm pretty sure it will be changed.

Word of warning to the 'leecher-nominate-abusers' out there: everything is getting logged. Some people might find out that their abuse had consequences after all. Trust me, it's not worth it.

For now: ask the leech-nominate-abuser not to do it and / or ask for an admin to kick or temp-ban the leech-nominate abuser.