Author Topic: The steppe winds  (Read 19704 times)

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
Re: The steppe winds
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2013, 10:54:36 pm »
+5
Well there was a good run supporting each other in this recent campaign against Hopsi & friends whom we were both at war with but I don't think we owe you guys anything.

It wasn't quite you riding to our rescue as is being insinuated here. You had just abandoned your SS campaign due to their dubious actions at Almehrra so  you jumped at the opportunity to refocus anyway. Their initial attack against us ended up being fairly unserious they took 3 lightly protected villages while we initially pulled back to our strongholds, which they never really attempted to take. They ended all further offensive attacks after a single 1:3 loss siege at Malayurg. We fought them hard to re-take villages, then some more heavy fighting at Dashbigha when they counter attacked us with a bunch of armies, while you guys campaigned in other areas.

In the end I don't think you can complain you got screwed or anything cuz you gained a bunch of fiefs including a city & castle so I'd say you guys made out well enough from our joint efforts.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2013, 10:56:32 pm »
+3
A new campaign. Best of luck to both sides
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2013, 10:57:03 pm »
+4
Whichever side can capture a castle from the other to gift to me shall have my divine blessing.
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2013, 10:58:03 pm »
+6
Also, Hospitallers had 3K+ troops in each of 2 of Fim's villages they had taken, Astralis had taken their southernmost fief, and the chinese kingdom had marched 3K troops up shiny with thousands more hospitallers troops incoming and the first assault on malayurg castle beginning.  Yes, they asked for our help - we came in with 15K troops and incredibly solid merc support and helped them get Kedelke back, gave them back tash kulun after we took it, wiped out the chinese kingdom armies and pushed hospitallers back.  The had dahbigha taken from them by occitan and instead of fighting the person that attacked them they declare war on their most solid allies through their desperate war fro survival.

We were never your allies, flame-hair! Nor was it ever considered in our council. Occitan helped their friends the Knights Hospitaller fight us and it was a good fight, why continue the war versus them? Our lands were secure and what land we wanted to take was already taken by your Free Companies. You gave us back Tash Kulun or else it would have been war. You speak to us as if you did us a favor in returning it... It was ours already, you were merely returning it to its owner.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 11:07:37 pm by Relit »

Offline Syls

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 15
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
  • Game nicks: Syls
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2013, 11:10:31 pm »
In all honesty, the only problem I have right now with this war is that I fear FCC won't have enough mercenaries. That mean that VE will have to mercs for them even more and that mean their enemies will mercs for us even less. But since we are so dependent on their mercenaries and them will be on ours, there's not much we can do about it.

Considering that our community is getting smaller and smaller, I wish they would reduce the maximum of mercenaries you can hired. That way a strategus battle would probably feel a lot more like a scrim since only your own members and really close allies would fight for you. Instead we're stucked with the same alliances and same sides as before because we don't want to screw people over and we don't want to be screwed over either because of the lack of mercs.

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2013, 11:10:43 pm »
+2
RIP Cikel, you will be remembered

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2013, 11:12:30 pm »
I don't think so Syls...I have no pony in this fight, so I would prefer to sign up for Fimbul, but would sign up for either side that needs mercs (but I'm pretty terrible so take that at face value).  I think most people who aren't directly involved via their faction in one of these wars, will suck it up and sign up for whoever needs help.  But maybe I'm a big kool-aid drinker.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2013, 11:20:50 pm »
+1
The real question here is whether or not Fimbl feels safe enough in the steppes with 11k occitan (in garrison) 3k LL (in garrison) and 6k hospitallers (in garrison) to leave their steppe holdings lightly guarded while pursuing war with us... of course, if hosp, occ and LL are sending all those troops against FCC then fimbl wont have to guard their steppe fiefs at all! So basically... is it just fimbl coming to visit on their own? or have they teamed up with hosp/ll/occ?

Offline Syls

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 15
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
  • Game nicks: Syls
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2013, 11:23:17 pm »
I don't think so Syls...I have no pony in this fight, so I would prefer to sign up for Fimbul, but would sign up for either side that needs mercs (but I'm pretty terrible so take that at face value).  I think most people who aren't directly involved via their faction in one of these wars, will suck it up and sign up for whoever needs help.  But maybe I'm a big kool-aid drinker.

I really hope so, I really want to mercs for both side since I like both side, and I would really be happy with merc'ing for whatever side that seem to need mercs instead of concentrating on only one.

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2013, 11:25:45 pm »
+4
Eventually the truth will come out. That they really intend to march on Occitan/Hospitaller and all this drama is fabricated and scripted by none other than Cikel himself. Expect the unexpected. We're all just puppets in Fimbulvetr's game.

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2013, 11:27:07 pm »
+2
I really hope so, I really want to mercs for both side since I like both side, and I would really be happy with merc'ing for whatever side that seem to need mercs instead of concentrating on only one.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 11:32:52 pm by Relit »

Offline Equal

• Earl
  • Renown: 344
  • Infamy: 24
  • Secretly not gay
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Equal
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2013, 11:29:47 pm »
+1
I have no shame when it comes to these glorious EXP baths - of course I have my preferences but getting accepted is all that really matters.

I'm not one for cheesy one-liners; but I like to keep things...
(click to show/hide)

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2013, 11:34:11 pm »
+1
I have no shame when it comes to these glorious EXP baths - of course I have my preferences but getting accepted is all that really matters.

I'm not one for cheesy one-liners; but I like to keep things...
(click to show/hide)

These days if I click spoiler once and there is still another spoiler I don't continue clicking.  Although now that I'm seeing the quoted text it is "equal" for those of you who also don't want to click.

On topic, all I can about when mercing is who takes better care of their ranged.  I usually follow Desire and Phantasmal's lead (also because I would rather shoot with them then have them shoot me.)

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2013, 11:40:05 pm »
+4
Also I attacked FIDLGB fief by accident. The war is already going well hmmmmssssssssssssssssssssss

I have to thank you for that wonderful surprise when I woke up for work this morning. THIS MEANS WAR! Nevermind, I'm already fighting the faction that "is at war with the whole map" or something like that. If you Fimblebutter guys need a camp fire to warm yourselves around, feel free to use our villages and castle as long as they are still under our control.

I usually follow Desire and Phantasmal's lead (also because I would rather shoot with them then have them shoot me.)

Whenever I see Desire on the other side and there's a near miss of a bolt near my head, I will usually type "Stop please." into admin chat only to get a "No." in response. Sad day.

Oh, and by the way: you're all doing a great job!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 11:43:15 pm by Rhalzo »

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2013, 11:49:18 pm »
The real question here is whether or not Fimbl feels safe enough in the steppes with 11k occitan (in garrison) 3k LL (in garrison) and 6k hospitallers (in garrison) to leave their steppe holdings lightly guarded while pursuing war with us... of course, if hosp, occ and LL are sending all those troops against FCC then fimbl wont have to guard their steppe fiefs at all! So basically... is it just fimbl coming to visit on their own? or have they teamed up with hosp/ll/occ?

Thats a good question though to be honest I think my clan would be more interested in reclaiming our fiefs from FCC hands first rather than try to take all of the raven ones. And to my knowledge no deal of any kind rf alliance has been suggested/made between Hosp and the Fimbs. Its more or less the same situation you have with the VE that you have been claiming all strat, just convenient for us.
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.