Author Topic: The steppe winds  (Read 19702 times)

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
Re: The steppe winds
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 09:37:38 pm »
Manufactured reasons are just that, Matey spoke the truth. You guys were on your heels with the hosp. Chinese astralis offensive and lost lands. Ask turbo and arty soon as I saw it I sent them a steam im and said we are on the way. We will support you guys. We were with you every step of the way till your lands were clear. We asked for nothing at all in return. Our armies arrived to help twice. The third time they show up in your lands remember it was your choice.
Leader of BS

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 09:45:45 pm »
+2
Yeah, I'm not too impressed overall. I mean, FCC has been faced with overwhelming odds before and as long as we can put a roster together despite being at war with the majority of NA players then we will kill hordes of enemies and hopefully send you all back to your homes; but I do find it pretty disappointing that you guys would be cowardly enough to turn on friends who have helped you previously just because those friends are already so firmly entrenched in other wars that you feel safe sending out your troops with little chance of reprisal in the near future. Stay classy.

Wait, aren't you allied* with AoW(Teutonics) who did the exact same thing with KUTT?

Hypocritical at the least, wouldn't you say?

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 10:21:29 pm by Kreczor »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 09:46:25 pm »
+2
WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I need to get my vassals back in order

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 09:48:17 pm »
+5
Manufactured reasons are just that, Matey spoke the truth. You guys were on your heels with the hosp. Chinese astralis offensive and lost lands. Ask turbo and arty soon as I saw it I sent them a steam im and said we are on the way. We will support you guys. We were with you every step of the way till your lands were clear. We asked for nothing at all in return. Our armies arrived to help twice. The third time they show up in your lands remember it was your choice.

We were hurt but not beaten! We, Ravens, did not ask for help but help was given to us by you. For this reason, our warbands have orders to spare the second and third born boys at every FCC village. Your names and deeds will be remembered in the Sagas, as you are worthy of them.

(click to show/hide)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 09:50:27 pm »
To all the FCC 101st fighting keyboardists, I wouldn't take it so personally, it's just a game afterall.  I'm guessing they want more strategus fights, and want to do something with their armies aside from paying for upkeep.  I don't know if you're actually "offended" or just playing the propaganda game, I'd hope it's the latter.

My honest opinion about the past, I don't think the Hospitallers would have made much of a dent into Fimbul lands even if FCC didn't help out by sending armies to our lands.  We may have possibly retaken Zagush, and Tash Kulun (surprise surprise, villages aren't that hard to take initially so it doesn't mean much), but would have had some trouble with Malayurg.  I doubt we would have been able to take Narra without extreme losses (which would have made our other holdings very weak, which as you can see if you were paying attention, they weren't very strong to begin with). 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 09:53:36 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2013, 09:53:36 pm »
Please do show up in our lands, would love to see a Uhhun castle siege or even Narra. Weve got the gear all setup and waiting so these battles will be great xp and fun.

Sure, just give us a bit to reach some conclusion with our current war that is requiring all of our attention and we will be happy to send some armies your way; keep on preparing till then.

To all the FCC 101st fighting keyboardists, I wouldn't take it so personally, it's just a game afterall.  I'm guessing they want more strategus fights, and want to do something with their armies aside from paying for upkeep.

Right, and it would be too much to ask for them to send those armies against a faction that isn't already at war with damn near everyone.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2013, 09:58:13 pm »
+2
What's that?  March across half the land to Occitan territory (who's been able to barely keep their head above water against VE)?  March against VE who's been their friends (if not allies) for most of this strategus iteration (and who's also literally on the far side of the map)?  Attack some tiny factions in the Tundra who are just playing the trading simulation game?

I suppose they could have went after Chaos or FIDLGB, they'd probably have a pretty good chance at taking some Chaos lands with them being engaged with FCC, but then it would make them look like FCC vassals in some eyes (which I'm certain is something they want to steer far from [being seen as vassals to anyone]).  Or they could have tried to wipe the Hospitallers out, but seeing as we're down to the last stand, there's not much reward for the amount of risk that would take. 

It's just a game, I imagine FCC will be fine fighting Chaos/FIDLGB and Fimbul.  I don't see anyone else attacking your fiefs or armies.  Who does FCC consider to be an actual threat to their lands right now?

I think Chaos/FIGLGB versus Fimbul would be a pretty good matched war, but then what would FCC do to stay busy? 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2013, 09:59:34 pm »
+3
Sure, just give us a bit to reach some conclusion with our current war that is requiring all of our attention and we will be happy to send some armies your way; keep on preparing till then.

Right, and it would be too much to ask for them to send those armies against a faction that isn't already at war with damn near everyone.

(click to show/hide)

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2013, 10:00:07 pm »
You think your castles/cities are hard. Come see what we have to offer attackers. Finding mercs will start to get difficult. We will see how things turn out. We generally have a few cards that we have not played. We are ready. The Terrortops needs to feed, rush into the jaws for us
Leader of BS

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2013, 10:06:38 pm »
+2
Fuck it FCC, at least you finally get to go on defense.
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2013, 10:13:19 pm »
+1
I don't think anyone's going to have trouble getting quality mercs
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2013, 10:18:21 pm »
+4
Really cool RP post man, love the scene, love the beards.

Good for Fimbulvetr going to war with FCC, though I don't think it is nearly as unfair of a fight as FCC depicts it to be unless Velucan Empire tags along to attack them (I don't foresee this happening). FCC, you guys are pretty strong, good at finding mercenaries, and good at commanding battles as well as your clan members on the Strategus map. Your current active conflicts (that I know of at this time) belong to You guys + AoW vs. Chaos & Ildist & Mates. Fimbulvetr comprised of Frisians and Ravens makes the scale more balance in my opinion, though it will be interesting to see.

I have no doubts that this war will be great and that both sides will be dealing out heavy blows left and right, I just hope for the sake of the community and Strategus that no other clans decide to dog pile on the Free Companies--Let's have a good war for once this Strategus where not everyone stands from their makeshift throne and decides to go after one target with everyone else.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2013, 10:39:37 pm »
What's that?  March across half the land to Occitan territory (who's been able to barely keep their head above water against VE)?  March against VE who's been their friends (if not allies) for most of this strategus iteration (and who's also literally on the far side of the map)?  Attack some tiny factions in the Tundra who are just playing the trading simulation game?

It's just a game, I imagine FCC will be fine fighting Chaos/FIDLGB and Fimbul.  I don't see anyone else attacking your fiefs or armies.  Who does FCC consider to be an actual threat to their lands right now?

Actually since they got troops and a city from hospitallers most of their forces are on their steppes on their borders.  LL, Hosp, Occitan built up waiting for this with most of occitan's forces in the steppes now.  Occitan would have been a real challenge for them. 

Also, Hospitallers had 3K+ troops in each of 2 of Fim's villages they had taken, Astralis had taken their southernmost fief, and the chinese kingdom had marched 3K troops up shiny with thousands more hospitallers troops incoming and the first assault on malayurg castle beginning.  Yes, they asked for our help - we came in with 15K troops and incredibly solid merc support and helped them get Kedelke back, gave them back tash kulun after we took it, wiped out the chinese kingdom armies and pushed hospitallers back.  The had dahbigha taken from them by occitan and instead of fighting the person that attacked them they declare war on their most solid allies through their desperate war fro survival.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2013, 10:48:29 pm »
+13
Let's be honest here guys these are the real reasons war was declared:

1) FCC is kicking too much ass and we don't like it
2) FCC says bad things specifically about daruvian
3) Similar to teenage rebellion we are rebelling against those who have given us support
4) Murdertron
5) FCC has no alliances and likes to remind everyone as such

The 5th part is the biggest. So we allow FCC to roll over everyone one by one. We are not allied with them. Why would we let you guys wipe the map and then turn on us. You guys are like Germany, you don't need allies. Besides, I think it's time I got a fucking TOWN instead of giving it to some FUCKING BLACKFISTS who I have nothing against.

Also I attacked FIDLGB fief by accident. The war is already going well hmmmmssssssssssssssssssssss

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2013, 10:52:46 pm »
+4
This doesn't sound fair Raven meanies picking on FCC when they're weak, didn't you know that they're currently at war with everybody on the strat map with no allies to turn to? Just a bunch of opportunists always forcing things into your favor you big bad nerds. Sorry I had to let out my inner kesh rage. Honestly Kesh the Raven guys want some battles over some turf they can RP too so stahp being a Drama Llama thats my job.

But seriously go ravens for taking the initiative to claim something and go for it. It will be interesting to see FCC on the defensive for once and be in a war where I could fight freely for either side for a change. However I will prolly fight for the ravens as seeing less orange on the map would be a nice change to our beautiful pixel land.
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.