Author Topic: chadz and cRPG - a lovestory!  (Read 31431 times)

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
Re: chadz and cRPG - a lovestory!
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2011, 01:18:55 am »
As always supportive of this decision.  Best patch ever chadz.  Makes it more like it was in the beginning.  More teamwork, more unique character looks, more variety on the battlefield.

And don't ever release an older version so other people can abuse your hard work.  Keep playing it close to the chest. 
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2011, 01:22:21 am »
As always supportive of this decision.  Best patch ever chadz.  Makes it more like it was in the beginning.  More teamwork, more unique character looks, more variety on the battlefield.

And don't ever release an older version so other people can abuse your hard work.  Keep playing it close to the chest.

at beginning?

you sure you where here at beginning? beginning was same as crpg of 3 day ago except hard cap,  share your  weed man becouse is good, i wanna smoke it  also

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2011, 01:22:43 am »
Im fine with patch but can we please not be punished for having armor and winning a round?? :D
Ca$hville 615

Offline Blaint

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • gone away
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperial Prelates
  • Game nicks: IP_Blaint
  • IRC nick: Blaint
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2011, 01:23:31 am »
i think 2.00 was a little bit fail  :mrgreen:

but 2.01 is a good patch.
-the repair poll is bether  :o
-more unique chars  8-)
-more fun  :)

for the next patches you only have to fix bugs , balance some weapons  "and may add some new items  :D"

thanks chadz and we all hope you don't give up :D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:25:42 am by Blaint »
The demons are falsehood. They are the  taken shape of lies, which were given power by the chaos.

[Guide]How to set up a c-RPG-Server

Offline BoZo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _BERSERK_
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2011, 01:27:53 am »
I don't get it, how is this trolling me?

Offline Malicious

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2011, 01:29:38 am »
v.200 was better. The only good thing about v .201 is the upkeep on both winning and losing team.

I am quite disappointed that the brilliant upkeep (and decreased grind via increased XP) systems were scrapped by chadz. Really, the couple of hours I got to spend on v.200 are going to be fondly remembered.

Also, in all likelihood, they will never happen again.
DSM_King_IV

Offline Tuna

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Iss
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2011, 01:34:23 am »
As far as I like 1500 a sec on 1x, reduced upkeep is sweet. I'm pretty sure 3/4 of whiners will adapt, 1/4 will play and keep whining.  :D Still, the update is great and I love ya (not a homo).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:47:54 am by Tuna »

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2011, 01:35:40 am »
i think 2.00 was a little bit fail  :mrgreen:

-more unique chars  8-)

how they are unique if all dress same shit
all are same lev ?

is a non.sense

Offline Sambeer

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Risen
  • Game nicks: Risen_Sambeer - Risen_Sapphire
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2011, 01:37:33 am »
after reading all of that... im finding it rly hard to think of any eligible arguments :P    damn

gg i suppose ...
Never trust a Camel.
They always wind up spitting in you face!

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2011, 01:45:10 am »
at beginning?

you sure you where here at beginning? beginning was same as crpg of 3 day ago except hard cap,  share your  weed man becouse is good, i wanna smoke it  also

The beginning had shield walls, people trying to work together, more diversity in low and mid-tier gear.  None (or very little) tin can lolsword spammitards running around at sprinter speed attacking faster than animations would display properly.  Yes, it's more like in the beginning.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2011, 01:46:13 am »
as i said before. if someone doesn't like where mod is going - better start making your own mod instead of whining.
your vision of this mod is different from mine - you want diversity of styles and warriors and i want teamplay, tactics and some brainwork (not too much). the patch made your and my vision go side by side. if it happen different i'd say: that's it. thanks for lovely mod and hard work, i enjoyed it, now i have to move on.
no whining
the meaning of game is taking a brake from routine so you don't go nuts and fun

hell!!! the post is too long  :rolleyes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth

Offline TASS

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2011, 01:50:20 am »
I'd say that depends on a devs motivation. There are, as far as I can see, two different options: a) The dev wants to play the game itself, b) the dev gets a salary.

Mods can die on two different ways. The first is to run out of players the second is to run out of modders running it. But then was is modding all about? From my own modding experience, it ain't just about gaining a lot of players. Having many followers is fun, but I don't say thats it. You create a mod to realise your own vision of the game. The appreceations from the players are nice, but you need to enjoy the process of creating your mod. As soon as you leave to path of trying to realise your vision, the project dies from within.

I congratulate you for your decision and wish you much success in the future modding this game in the way you think it has to be. So far it seems we have quite the same preferences ;)

Offline Haru_Takeda

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • my glands are bigger than your glands.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: rottencrotchHaru, JesusHGHChrist, PowerGamingSpergLord, Palestinian_Takeda, Baby_Haru
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2011, 01:53:42 am »
since you not like your mod chadz but 65% of this community like the old one?

why you not release the old one?  so who wanna play it can do ?i am sure there will be people who will open shitload of server on it. and i am sure also there will be more ppl in the old one that new one.

say sorry after make ppl lose months on a system you created and changed becouse YOU not liked it anymore,  is not properly    a PRO move

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2011, 02:03:38 am »
Well pre-big batch wasn't too bad if you were lvl 40 ish. (about a 100 players)

What you have done is a massive one-man undertaking, and I hope some rich game company, or SOMEONE realizes this and give you a reward somehow. It is of course bitter for people to loose all those hours of grind.. :-) But people need to realize that this is a Journey. Game design is a very complex endeavour, catering to mass-psychology of players, economical politics etc etc..

The only gripe I have now is that the grind seems to be a bit short, while it might have been a bit long before.

But with the new XP system, would it not be possible to segregate people into different servers based on their level? Having a 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40 and perhaps a 41+ server (lolserver) would make it possible for people to progress their char's faster and more steadily. (downward limiting)
I do think you have the playerbase to do this now.

This could create a nice community for the elite players, and a chance for others to enjoy their respective levels as well. (perhaps some people would enjoy the lowish level servers and retire often to stay there etc. )

For strategus, I would suggest simply stealing the main concepts of Risk or a similar game, and only AFTER begin to invent more gameplay elements. (in stead of inventing and balancing everything from the beginning. (Because Strategus is a mammoth task!)

And yeah :-) you are also most welcome to join Ninja_ as an honorary member! (The most fun and interesting playstyle around!)

t

(And if you really are into sailing, I might have access to a boat in the Aegan sea next summer if the stars align. Wanna come?)

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline balbaroth

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2011, 02:04:07 am »

don't be a grammar police , i bet English  is not his first language ( i am French Canadian , lethal combination  )   :p