Author Topic: AoW vs Illdist and mates  (Read 9157 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: AoW vs Illdist and mates
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2013, 05:09:53 am »
+1

and some guy who every time I personally saw him (which was many times) was riding around on his horse, often to get piked and killed was actually "just standing still leeching our best and most limited gear". Yup, completely relevant commentary there.

People repeatedly complained about him going afk until he was vote-kicked - he went afk where he would autorun forward with no attacking.  So yes leeching, snideness doesnt make you right.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2013, 05:29:30 am »
People repeatedly complained about him going afk until he was vote-kicked - he went afk where he would autorun forward with no attacking.  So yes leeching, snideness doesnt make you right.

My being snide was because of all that other stuff you exaggerated about, too, y'know. (Wait a minute, the battle we're talking about he wasn't even votekicked from... what?!)

I don't disagree that a bad merc is a problem, but I was trying to paint a picture the way you (or more appropriately: Smoothrich) would, by putting the most extreme aspects of what happened in the forefront of the statement, and by removing the shades of gray/totality of the truth.

For what it's worth, I never saw Taxtros ram into the enemies he was charging without trying to attack us... but my whole point was that it's silly to go over these kinds of trivial details as if it matters any way other than academically. A strat retrospective is nice, of course, and talking about the battles after the fact is entertaining, but there's this seemingly constant implication of blame, excuse and guilt that just kills the real arguments to be had. By "real arguments" I mean balderdash Strategus diplomacy disputes and more relevant trash-talking, like what people actually did and not what people could have done or did not do.

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2013, 05:32:54 am »
I have no idea what is going on, but I like fights.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2013, 05:34:29 am »
+2
My being snide was because of all that other stuff you exaggerated about, too, y'know. (Wait a minute, the battle we're talking about he wasn't even votekicked from... what?!)

I don't disagree that a bad merc is a problem, but I was trying to paint a picture the way you (or more appropriately: Smoothrich) would, by putting the most extreme aspects of what happened in the forefront of the statement, and by removing the shades of gray/totality of the truth.

For what it's worth, I never saw Taxtros ram into the enemies he was charging without trying to attack us... but my whole point was that it's silly to go over these kinds of trivial details as if it matters any way other than academically. A strat retrospective is nice, of course, and talking about the battles after the fact is entertaining, but there's this seemingly constant implication of blame, excuse and guilt that just kills the real arguments to be had. By "real arguments" I mean balderdash Strategus diplomacy disputes and more relevant trash-talking, like what people actually did and not what people could have done or did not do.

Yeah I just talked to taxtros, i guess his internet connection took a complete dump so he had no access or something.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2013, 05:54:36 am »
+7
I wish everyone who goes 1:1 or less in a battle would just leave because they're worthless and I know in my battles i'd just unhire anyone not going 1:1 mid battle if I could. I pretty much always leave battles if I can't go atleast 1:1 because you just are a burden.

And then you lose because you are outnumbered 2 against 1.... nice idea...  :lol:
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2013, 06:26:26 am »
And then you lose because you are outnumbered 2 against 1.... nice idea...  :lol:

I was just about to say the same thing haha
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2013, 04:46:00 pm »

I'd rather have 20 good players than 40 trash ones.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2013, 04:53:29 pm »
+1
If those 20 trash players are just suicide running to their death or playing recklessly (rushing the enemy by themselves or lots of teamwounding/circling in group fights), then sure.  But if they are fighting with a group, or putting up ladders (or taking down enemy ladders) etc, then they are useful.   You can have people being very useful to your team, and not going at least 1:1.  For me the main thing is teamwork and finding ways to be useful.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2013, 06:20:00 pm »
+1
So how about that fort of armored guys hiding from naked wild hell hounds. :D
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/

Offline Holiday203

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of Wutang, Justice League
  • Game nicks: Batman_Holiday_AoW
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2013, 08:09:50 pm »
Damn sorry about this late battle tonight, We did have our night-time settings so I don't know why that happened :/ We'll try to make sure that doesn't happen again. This fights have been coming down to the wire though, all very fun and exciting.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2013, 09:11:12 pm »
+3

I had a round where i performed extremely poorly... but i did break the enemy forward spawn with 10 minutes left in the game when they were on the verge of capping all the flags and we then managed to clear them out and last until the time ran out. KDR isn't the only indicator of a useful person in strat. There is also the famous Epoch flag cap against ATS, he was like 2:28 when he capped all the flags and won that match. There are also of course the people who consistently fight in the line and soak up enemy hits and distract people while the 2h heroes rack up the kills; they usually don't get positive KDRs but they enable the 2h heroes to do so.

And as has been mentioned, 40 v 20 would be very hard to win, regardless of how good the 20 are. plus its usually 20 good players who can pull 1:1 or better and 20 guys who aren't doing 1:1 but are probably being useful anyways that make up the 40; so I'd bet on the 40.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2013, 11:47:47 pm »

What about 20 badplayers?
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2013, 12:07:39 am »
You could win a seige with 10 Rohs with full plate and great mauls.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2013, 12:30:05 am »
You could win a seige with 10 Rohs with full plate and great mauls.

You wish. I'd have all my players with arbalests; either that or just get a couple guys to sneak off and take his flags. Having good players is nice but you also need to have as many players as you can get. There are mercs not worth hiring even if it means being short a player or two, but there aren't too many of those kinds of mercs... those are mostly the ones who just leech and go afk all battle or intentionally waste gear or just suicide into the enemy without following orders at all.

Offline In Cauda Venenum

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 21
  • not actually gay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Saturn_of_Chaos
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2013, 12:38:45 am »
+1