Author Topic: AoW vs Illdist and mates  (Read 9756 times)

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
Re: AoW vs Illdist and mates
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2013, 12:30:03 am »
+2
No skill involved, it's all in the build.

That's why all those Raven 2h cav are all 100-30 every battle right

Before you talk shit about Ravens, maybe you should actually know something about us. We have one (1) 2h cav, its BlackWhite, hes actually pretty good. And nobody here is insulting the opposing teams skill. Turbo made a joke, you need to relax.

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2013, 12:45:37 am »
Before you talk shit about Ravens, maybe you should actually know something about us. We have one (1) 2h cav, its BlackWhite, hes actually pretty good. And nobody here is insulting the opposing teams skill. Turbo made a joke, you need to relax.

I agree with  this statement especially since he always goes for my horse :( and I think people are forgetting most raven cav prolly went the diggles route with the superior 1h cav
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2013, 01:34:31 am »
+1

Way to get uber defensive dude, I just went shot for shot. Your boy basically implied Rohy was a no skill puty that crutches on his builds, I only pointed out that there are Ravens with the same builds that don't do nearly as well, as often, and Artyem jumps on almost every post I make in the Diplomacy board.

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2013, 01:49:17 am »
+2
Way to get uber defensive dude, I just went shot for shot. Your boy basically implied Rohy was a no skill puty that crutches on his builds, I only pointed out that there are Ravens with the same builds that don't do nearly as well, as often, and Artyem jumps on almost every post I make in the Diplomacy board.

Way to get uber defensive dude.

Turboflex made a joke, yet you basically implied that they're 'no skill puties', and came back with a raging attitude when they defended themselves.

Man, your constant passive aggressive behavior combined with your reflexive need to be offended by everything makes it hard for me not to post.  Don't take it so personally, I simply have a need to combat unjustified belligerency.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 01:53:40 am by Artyem »

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2013, 01:51:19 am »
Dude, you guys are all liek, skillless man. Only anders has skillz. 8-)

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2013, 01:56:22 am »
+2
I am mediocre.

Offline Duster

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2013, 02:07:28 am »
+1
Turboflex made a joke, yet you basically implied that they're 'no skill puties', and came back with a raging attitude when they defended themselves.

No, you were mad first!

Man, your constant passive aggressive behavior combined with your reflexive need to be offended by everything makes it hard for me not to post.  Don't take it so personally, I simply have a need to combat unjustified belligerency.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

EDIT:

Quoted before it's changed

And yet again you speak from ignorance. There is not a single Raven with those builds.

We have one (1) 2h cav, its BlackWhite,

DOUBLE EDIT:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 02:31:10 am by Duster »

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2013, 02:09:21 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

And yet again you speak from ignorance. There is not a single Raven with those builds. And also yet again Turbo was making a joke, he did not imply anything. If you knew anything about him, you would know that he would just come out and say exactly that, if he thought that way. Stop shitting all over us, laugh at a joke and move on.

Editting in a spoiler for Duster:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 02:53:00 am by Relit »

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2013, 02:14:11 am »
+5
Soooo..... How bout dem mates n dem AoW's
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2013, 03:07:13 am »
+5
No skill involved, it's all in the build.

That's why all those Raven 2h cav are all 100-30 every battle right
Those Raven pikemen usually top the scoreboard regardless of the fight, and they usually go unprotected thanks to unaware teammates.

But I guess Cav and 2h are hard mode because arrows can hit you, right?
Yep, just like every other class.

This petty bickering bullcrap sucks, and the fact that noone can acknowledge skill if it's someone on the other 'side' sucks, too.

Way to get uber defensive dude.

No, you were mad first!

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

EDIT:

Quoted before it's changed

DOUBLE EDIT:

(click to show/hide)
And yet again you speak from ignorance. There is not a single Raven with those builds. And also yet again Turbo was making a joke, he did not imply anything. If you knew anything about him, you would know that he would just come out and say exactly that, if he thought that way. Stop shitting all over us, laugh at a joke and move on.

Editting in a spoiler for Duster:

(click to show/hide)

OH SHIT LOOKS LIKE WE GOT OURSELVES A GOOD OLD FASHION

(click to show/hide)

Offline Holiday203

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of Wutang, Justice League
  • Game nicks: Batman_Holiday_AoW
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2013, 03:19:12 am »
Wu-Tang

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2013, 03:27:15 am »
I resign.
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2013, 03:45:01 am »
I thought that was a bidding war :(

p.s. can I buy troops from you

That's why I edited the post with that addendum: it was the only case where we tried to get as much as we could out of a thing we sold someone. More than one person being interested was the best way to gauge what we could get out of it.

Unfortunately we may be using most of our remaining troops soon enough.

More like who cares about strat, it turns good people into spergs, especially on the forums. I don't care about strat as much as I used to when The Mates first started, if you haven't noticed I pretty much call people gay in diplomacy threads. Leave the sperg out of this war, I still consider Wesley, Holiday and other AoW guys to be friends and nice guys. Let's not be mad nerds and spoil our cRPG relationships over worthless pixels on some web browser.

Or of course, make the decision to become a sperg forum warrior. I couldn't care less, it's your life m8s

I will once again take up this mantle, yes. War is no fun if you don't discuss it, and if you don't treat enemies like enemies, why bother talking about it here at all?

However, nitpicking over minutia like "who is bad at what build" and whether "X amount of Y circumstances lost a particular battle and therefore it didn't really count as a victory for their side" is asinine and ridiculous.

It's even worse when you stoop to base hyperbole to make yourselves seem more impressive than your opponent, such as this:

Lol - we were doing better than a 1 for 1 until our weaker armor ran out down to broken lamellar while you guys still had  almost 70 body armor the entire battle, it was around the same time we ran out of horses.  We never had more than 50ish body armor the entire battle and were doing better than 1 for 1 as attackers.  And yes someone just standing still leeching our best and most limited gear for most of the battle did make the difference between winning and losing when we lost by 33 tickets.  Sitting and doing nothing, without him those tickets would not have been lost since being afk contributes nothing.

Apparently having around 50 (or less for the last 25 minutes) armor during the latter half equals "almost 70 the entire battle", "were doing better than 1 for 1", I will grant you, does constitute a lead of between 2 and 30 tickets once you gained momentum after the first couple hundred (up until the last half hour when both sides were down to their lightest armor), and some guy who every time I personally saw him (which was many times) was riding around on his horse, often to get piked and killed was actually "just standing still leeching our best and most limited gear". Yup, completely relevant commentary there.

Here's my less sarcastic and equally petty rebuttal:
If the Mates had brought construction sites to this battle, they may well have captured AoW's flags, as they came close to doing so once without any forward spawns.
If I had made it to this battle, they would have won.

I resign.

what

Offline Duster

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2013, 03:51:53 am »
Zounds! I accidentally resigned by mistake! No wonder thou wert victorious! I shalt abdicate.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2013, 04:01:03 am »
+2
Almost forgot to mention: STAY ON TOPIC.

This is a thread about Ildist and the Republic of Mates fighting Art of War and their leader Wesley.