Poll

Should there be a stat respec and heirloom repicks?

Yes
256 (81.3%)
No
59 (18.7%)

Total Members Voted: 315

Author Topic: Patch Poll  (Read 10926 times)

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
Re: Patch Poll
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2011, 01:02:15 am »
As someone who only ever heirloomed crappy gear (because I like how it looks) I totally agree with the above. Some of us heirloom crap because we like to use it and don't want to be too far below everyone else. +1
agreed
you and I both used the italian sword when the long espada and side sword were clearly better
we get style points

people who didn't use the hottest or newest or most OP weapons shouldn't be penalized.

my 2 cents

Offline joshko

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom
  • Game nicks: Tsar Joshko
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2011, 04:25:47 am »
Why do you act this way? Why punish people that have kept your mod alive? I dont understand or agree with your reasoning. I know that I am an NA player and you could prob care less about us... but we do make up a good chunk of the population and was expanding until Strat went down for over 4 months. The point is that if you punish or as you say "balance" all of our hard work... then people will lose interest! I would hope that you would like to hear suggestions from your community without getting upset because not everyone agrees with you.

ps. BTW TSAR you are a brown noser. Nobody like an ass kisser. Good luck with life dude.

Maybe because chadz doesn't owe him anything, and doesn't have to put up with that kind of bullshit talk from any one who is enjoying the mod he's worked so hard on for free.

Seriously people do you really think you're entitled to this mod? Much less a few heirlooms or a class/build. Get your heads out of your asses.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 04:28:54 am by joshko »
Hu?

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2011, 04:45:27 am »
Seriously people do you really think you're entitled to this mod?

I bought warband, so yes, I do. People can be banned from the servers and databases, but with a fairly simple change to a couple files, one could host their own database and server. Mods are, by their very nature, open source. Other people assist chadz in the development and balancing of this mod, population aside. Anyone with modding/coding skill and html knowledge could take the existing c-RPG code and duplicate it, making a new database to draw information from, and to store the code. This hypothetical person could then take the game in the direction of popular opinion, balancing and making changes that the community WANTS. They could also post a real changelog, and accept feedback from the community in a mature way.

Even if a mod is not announced as being open source, few modders have any way to stop others from "borrowing" their code to create something different.

Should chadz be commended for the work he has done in bringing this mod to the public? Absolutely.

Should anyone assume that the community will remain healthy, let alone "his community", if he constantly goes against popular opinion with dictator-like enthusiasm? I wouldn't.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 04:46:50 am by Heroin »
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline joshko

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2011, 05:08:05 am »
I bought warband, so yes, I do. People can be banned from the servers and databases, but with a fairly simple change to a couple files, one could host their own database and server. Mods are, by their very nature, open source. Other people assist chadz in the development and balancing of this mod, population aside. Anyone with modding/coding skill and html knowledge could take the existing c-RPG code and duplicate it, making a new database to draw information from, and to store the code. This hypothetical person could then take the game in the direction of popular opinion, balancing and making changes that the community WANTS. They could also post a real changelog, and accept feedback from the community in a mature way.

Even if a mod is not announced as being open source, few modders have any way to stop others from "borrowing" their code to create something different.

Should chadz be commended for the work he has done in bringing this mod to the public? Absolutely.

Should anyone assume that the community will remain healthy, let alone "his community", if he constantly goes against popular opinion with dictator-like enthusiasm? I wouldn't.

You bought Warband so you're entitled to Native.

Sp far I haven't seen a positive or supportive comment coming from you

Does trying to balance a mod justify insulting him?
Hu?

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2011, 05:19:36 am »

You bought Warband so you're entitled to Native and all publically available mods.

Sp far I haven't seen a positive or supportive comment coming from you

Does trying to balance a mod justify insulting him?

Fixed the first line. As far as the second, I could point out positive comments, even if only in this thread, that you seem to ignore.

As far as the "insults" go, you're right. I could, and should have censored myself with my original post. For not doing so, I offer my apologies to both chadz and the community as a whole.

But that does not change the facts. And this is the internet, ladies and gentlemen. People are vulgar, crude, and blunt. Grow a thicker skin and look at the facts rather than the method of delivery.

EDIT: Bolded apology so that those who seem to only skim posts wouldn't miss it.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 05:20:52 am by Heroin »

Offline Devestater

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devestater
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2011, 05:26:27 am »
Maybe because chadz doesn't owe him anything, and doesn't have to put up with that kind of bullshit talk from any one who is enjoying the mod he's worked so hard on for free.

Seriously people do you really think you're entitled to this mod? Much less a few heirlooms or a class/build. Get your heads out of your asses.
WOW another ass kisser... You are wrong he owes us the right to give our opinion. So give yours and stop whining about mine. Just because chadz created the mod does not mean that he can butcher it without hearing his followers voices.
mess with the best... die like the rest!

Offline joshko

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2011, 05:30:27 am »
Fixed the first line. As far as the second, I could point out positive comments, even if only in this thread, that you seem to ignore.

As far as the "insults" go, you're right. I could, and should have censored myself with my original post. For not doing so, I offer my apologies to both chadz and the community as a whole.

But that does not change the facts. And this is the internet, ladies and gentlemen. People are vulgar, crude, and blunt. Grow a thicker skin and look at the facts rather than the method of delivery.

EDIT: Bolded apology so that those who seem to only skim posts wouldn't miss it.

Pretty sad it took someone calling you out to get you to apologize.

It maybe the internet but that doesn't justify scumbaggery. I treat and talk to people online the same way as I do in real life, and I expect the same of other people.
Hu?

Offline Devestater

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devestater
« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2011, 05:32:05 am »
Many people are not reading my post....this is not meant to be a troll topic. Either +1 or -1 and vote. If you want to discuss how much you hate the mod you can go post on the taleworlds boards where no one will read it.
Agreed... Just hope some things can be saved.
mess with the best... die like the rest!

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2011, 06:19:01 am »
Pretty sad it took someone calling you out to get you to apologize.

It maybe the internet but that doesn't justify scumbaggery. I treat and talk to people online the same way as I do in real life, and I expect the same of other people.

I would have said the same thing in person. It took a lot of buildup for that to happen. It wasn't just the poor way in which this specific thread/issue was handled. It has been an accumulation of resentment that was built up and just happened to be released in this thread. If that same thing happened face to face, my reaction would have been about the same. But again, this is the internet. People in general are less apt to be polite, and all of us should learn to deal with that.

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2011, 02:13:34 pm »
I would have said the same thing in person. It took a lot of buildup for that to happen. It wasn't just the poor way in which this specific thread/issue was handled. It has been an accumulation of resentment that was built up and just happened to be released in this thread. If that same thing happened face to face, my reaction would have been about the same. But again, this is the internet. People in general are less apt to be polite, and all of us should learn to deal with that.
ugh its true, over the net people become troll  :shock:

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2011, 02:14:01 pm »
Maybe you missed my hint, because I never said that.

Also, how is that punishing? it's balancing, not punishing. If I would take your heirlooms only, that would be punishing.

There's no fucking godgiven right to have 50 heirlooms.

Before the first big patch you told us we should go for gens and heirlooms and many did. After the patch 2/3 of looms were stolen. People kept grinding to get their heirlooms back and there was nothing else to do as we didnt need a good char for strategus as it was offline so we kept grinding. And for sure I would have stopt retiring two months ago when I was gen 16, if I had known there would be no benefit for further retirement and heirloomed weapon bonus would be cut. I would be lvl34 by now. I am not angry or whinging but it would be nice for future patches, if you or the other devs would tell us what they are going to plan so we dont get fucked every time  :mrgreen:

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2011, 04:12:14 pm »
I voted no. This does not have any impact on my build so I do not care. Suck it crappybuildbundle of stickss
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2011, 04:35:30 pm »
..but with a fairly simple change to a couple files, one could host their own database and server. Mods are, by their very nature, open source.[..] Anyone with modding/coding skill and html knowledge could take the existing c-RPG code and duplicate it, making a new database to draw information from, and to store the code. This hypothetical person could then take the game in the direction of popular opinion, balancing and making changes that the community WANTS.

If making an improved copy of cRPG was so easy, I wonder why no one else is doing it. Mercenaries mod is trying but with pretty limited success so far. We shall see what comes out of that.

Balancing game by "community opinion" does not work, especially when your definition of "community" apparently means the loudest 5% of the player base. Most people lobby for their own preferred play style and have wildly differing opinions about what direction the game should go to (hardcore/casual, melee/ranged, level cap/no cap, gold&xp gain rate, maps, game types etc. etc.). Community opinion is of course taken into account when making balance/other changes, but making everyone happy with every change is simply impossible.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2011, 04:45:12 pm »
If making an improved copy of cRPG was so easy, I wonder why no one else is doing it. Mercenaries mod is trying but with pretty limited success so far. We shall see what comes out of that.

Balancing game by "community opinion" does not work, especially when your definition of "community" apparently means the loudest 5% of the player base. Most people lobby for their own preferred play style and have wildly differing opinions about what direction the game should go to (hardcore/casual, melee/ranged, level cap/no cap, gold&xp gain rate, maps, game types etc. etc.). Community opinion is of course taken into account when making balance/other changes, but making everyone happy with every change is simply impossible.

I think he missed the part where you would need the server source code, because I am sure that the cRPG database does not take submissions from the clients running the cRPG mod, but it takes it from the server running the daemon for the cRPG mod. Taking a source code like this and just making it your own isnt that easy. You would have to know what the actual database server is doing in order to just copy it. Making your own mod would just be easier than trying to figure out all of the odds and ends of someone else's coding out.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2011, 06:44:12 pm »
especially when your definition of "community" apparently means the loudest 5% of the player base.

I never understand how people end up coming up with this crap. My term "community" was referring to the results of the poll attached to this thread, and had nothing to do with the "loudest 5%".

As a matter of fact, it seems like the loudest 5% that you're referring to are mostly trolling me in this thread at this point.