Poll

Should there be a stat respec and heirloom repicks?

Yes
256 (81.3%)
No
59 (18.7%)

Total Members Voted: 315

Author Topic: Patch Poll  (Read 10973 times)

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
Re: Patch Poll
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2011, 09:24:21 am »
Regarding heirlooms:

Easy solution; Heirloom limit.

Completely fair and balanced for everyone, I doubt anyone would disagree.

Do a full heirloom respec and problem solved.

When people reach the limit they would be forced to sell off a heirloom.

The maximum could (should?) be 6 heirlooms, that's generation 18, would mean 4 pieces of armor and two weapons fully heirloomed, could even set it at 5 heirlooms (generation 15) but I am sure everyone but 2hand/polearm would whine.

This way there also wouldn't be a need for the XP-nerf (while some cap SHOULD be in place though) - allowing people who have already spent a good deal amount of time on the mod to again experiment and play with new specializations.

Also grant the spec-reset, some people are at lvl 33 with now useless specializations, people who aren't grinders or anything like that they just played the same character since the beginning. If anything at least grant a respec to those AT level 33. (PS: I'm not level 33 and never were to those who might think otherwise)
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2011, 09:26:40 am »
Everyone having heirlooms stolen = Everyone punished.
Maybe you missed my hint, because I never said that.

Also, how is that punishing? it's balancing, not punishing. If I would take your heirlooms only, that would be punishing.

There's no fucking godgiven right to have 50 heirlooms.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2011, 09:28:16 am »

Also, how is that punishing? it's balancing, not punishing. If I would take your heirlooms only, that would be punishing.

Dont argue with a junkie chadz its pointless  :lol:

Doenst matter how much logic you post they still wont see that there gen33 charaters and arsenal of heirlooms was a mistake in the first place...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 09:32:27 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2011, 09:36:11 am »
Dont argue with a junkie chadz its pointless  :lol:

Doenst matter how much logic you post they still wont see that there gen33 charaters and arsenal of heirlooms was a mistake in the first place...

You got some brown on your nose there, son.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2011, 09:42:33 am »

My main concern is a character respec. Although, in the past, I was able to spend several hours a day playing, that is no longer the case. And since my builds have been made useless, I, and I'm sure MANY MANY others would very much appreciate a character respec without having to grind back to their current level. If required to retire again and grind back up from level 1 to fix my build, I likely would not be able to do it for lack of time, despite the hundreds and hundreds of hours I've already put into the community.

Heirlooms: I honestly don't think we need to steal ANYONE's heirlooms, even the guy who has 50 of them. You can only use a max of like 8 at a time anyhow. Just let people repick their heirlooms so that they can pick items that work with the new slots system, and we're good.

No need to deny a character respec and heirloom respec, or to make people have less heirlooms. Just let people respec their stuff and call it a day. You lose nothing by doing it thusly. You do not create imbalance. You simply eliminate what could be potential grind for people who have obviously already put in plenty of time in the mod, and may not(such as in my case) be able to afford such a time investment in the future.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2011, 09:46:26 am »
He cant rly give all the old op hybrid builds a free respec while all the honest people who retired after patch gets buttfucked now can he???

I just retired 2 days ago to try a new build and im all rdy lvl 26 mind you im only Gen 3 why dont u just soak it up like a man and retire too and quit demanding respecs like a spoiled brat??

« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 09:48:53 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2011, 09:53:47 am »
If there's a trade functionality to be introduced in the future we do need limitations on heirlooms, which means if someone has 50 heirlooms its too bad you'll have to pick 5-6 in total. It is both fair and balanced and who need more heirlooms than that? Also a cap on XP as I referenced above IS needed to ensure people don't just spit out heirlooms for trading every day, therefore an idea could be to also introduce a max heirloom creation limit, for example 1 every week -- or perhaps every second week depending on if the XP-gen nerf would be reevaluated.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2011, 09:55:15 am »

I like where you are going with this and I'm sure there are a lot of others too.
You shouldn't pay too much attention to the whiners on these forums though, if it's not one thing they complain about it's another.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2011, 10:00:42 am »
I just retired 2 days ago to try a new build and im all rdy lvl 26 mind you im only Gen 3 why dont u just soak it up like a man and retire too and quit demanding respecs like a spoiled brat??

Not everyone can spend 8+ hours a day playing cRPG to grind up to fix a problem that we did not create. Some of us have families, jobs, etc.

Done responding to this thread. It's becoming childish, and there is too much brown-nosing going on for my tastes.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 10:02:09 am by Heroin »
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2011, 10:01:18 am »
Or enjoy playing the game rather than looking at its as time you have invested to achieve the maximum level.

Heirlooms and such likes should be rewards not a target or an route to advantage over others.
Turtles

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2011, 11:28:28 am »
Not everyone can spend 8+ hours a day playing cRPG to grind up to fix a problem that we did not create. Some of us have families, jobs, etc.

Done responding to this thread. It's becoming childish, and there is too much brown-nosing going on for my tastes.

Well i go to school each day and have exam soon so no i dont get to become lvl 31 anytime soon but gettin lvl 26 takes no time tbh  offcourse anything above 26 takes ages...

Thank god your done responding since none of your post holds any logic at all and is nothing but rants also talking about haveing a job familie ect ect is rly a joke since i doubt anyone with 10+ gen have time for that..

Also being gen 3 i doubt im ever gonna be able to play as many hours as u did in my life time... lmao

You got some brown on your nose there, son.

Im so sry for agreeing with chadz about not making this a free wow clone.....

Ill stfu up now and let you kids continue your rants.....
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 11:39:10 am by Tzar »

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2011, 11:43:42 am »

50 heirs. 50 generations of sons and daughters born. That's like two millenia in Calradia. Of course with the generation bonuses factored in, time would be slowly, steadily speeding up for each new descendant. Wild.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Centurion

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2011, 01:00:52 pm »
although we ensure that it is completely fair this time

ok well pre-pre-patch i was gen 4 and when you stole my hielooms i went down to 1 on bnoth my chars which is really annoying still today. if u were to steal more it will only tick me off more and many others BECAUSE i am a high gen. im gen 15 due to the fact that i have over 1000 hours in your mod. the gameplay has also seemed to slow down and due to this and the buginess of melee (which im sure your fixing) half my clan has gotten bored and stopped playing crpg when we have been planning for strat to come back for a coouppl months now. i would be fine with only 1 hierloom per 2 or 3 retirements but not another theft i deserve them for the time i have invested in your mod. i dont see how i theft will be fair and go ahead and say that im blinded by my gens or something.

Offline Zergmar

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Terrible at everything.
    • View Profile
    • indie game dev, RIP
  • Faction: Hobo
  • Game nicks: SirScumbag
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2011, 01:08:04 pm »

If you wanna be treated like a customer you should play an MMO, in which they are paid for being nice to you

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2011, 01:28:26 pm »
I don't think it's a good idea to see people that have (lucky for them) grinded a lot prepatch and now have a fair amount of heirlooms that  others don't have a single chance to get anytime soon, because of the xp nerf. What I'm trying to say is that prepatch generation <<< postpatch generation in time spent.

Instead of a heirloom respec, what about a generation theft ? Your current generation is divided by 3 and truncated up, everyone looses all their heirlooms and gets as much heirloom points to spend as the number of generation they have after this process. So grinders aren't punished for their grinding, it's more or less like if they played as much but postpatch, earning less xp per tick. Furthermore, granting heirlooms based on the generation will clear the issues with the first heirloom theft and heirloom selling errors (people had less heirlooms than generations).