Author Topic: Nerf HX  (Read 7634 times)

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
Re: Nerf HX
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2013, 06:42:22 pm »
Every class should be on even footing with every other? Don't play Planetside or any other game with rock/paper/scissors classes (and there are a ton of them). At least here, when your sword hits an HX/HA, it will obliterate them. Try a game where a class does no damage against another because of RPS mechanics.

Plain and simple, this isn't planetside or another game with rps classes. HA/HX is the only class in this game that doesn't have a hard counter.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2013, 07:04:49 pm »
HA/HX is the only class in this game that doesn't have a hard counter.

Hoplites haven't got a hard counter.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2013, 07:16:56 pm »
Hoplites haven't got a hard counter.

Isolation. 1D attack isn't very good in a 1v1 situation.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2013, 07:18:04 pm »
Isolation. 1D attack isn't very good in a 1v1 situation.

Hoplite is 1h + shield + spear, not just spear + shield. Spear + shield is hard countered by a maul. 1h + shield + throwing neither has a true hard counter.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2013, 07:27:19 pm »
Hoplite is 1h + shield + spear, not just spear + shield. Spear + shield is hard countered by a maul. 1h + shield + throwing neither has a true hard counter.

Hard counter may have been the wrong word. Let me rephrase:

Every class can beat every class, even hoplite or sword and board with throwing. The same cannot be said about hx.

Disclamer: I don't necessarily agree that hx should be nerfed.

Offline sdfjkln

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2013, 07:33:59 pm »
HA/HX is the only class in this game that doesn't have a hard counter.

Errrr I disagree, Throwers one hit me and my horse so I generally avoid them. Also High riding cav builds get me too(Intensify_MB regularly fucks me with his 2h on his Arabian.) HA damage is laughable though so buff it, besides I would rather see classes get buffs rather than nerfing something until it's not fun.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2013, 07:37:37 pm »
+1
Though when a hoplite is last alive against 10 enemies, the round won't take 2 minutes to end. Every infantry has a hard counter in getting ganked.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2013, 07:38:17 pm »
Errrr I disagree, Throwers one hit me and my horse so I generally avoid them. Also High riding cav builds get me too(Intensify_MB regularly fucks me with his 2h on his Arabian.) HA damage is laughable though so buff it, besides I would rather see classes get buffs rather than nerfing something until it's not fun.

Yeah that is kind of the point. I also find it hard to believe that high riding cav builds are giving you trouble when you have...more riding then any 2h/1h/lance cav.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2013, 07:45:08 pm »
If I as a lancer avoid aware ranged and pikeman and only prey on the unaware and the ones with low range weapons, don't he have any counter or do he just play smart? A smart HX avoids his dangers, just like smart infantry/melee cav/archers avoid their counters and will therefore avoid throwers which absolutely rapes them. I see your annoyance with the class, I truly do, but with the MotF spawning when there's only horse ranged left on a team made me care a lot less about them, since they couldn't really annoy me that much anymore.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2013, 08:08:17 pm »
but with the MotF spawning when there's only horse ranged left on a team made me care a lot less about them, since they couldn't really annoy me that much anymore.
This doesn't happen.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2013, 08:13:24 pm »
it does happen actually, but not immeadiately. I think it checks every 30 seconds.  Which makes it also exploitable..

Anyway, it often takes a minute and half before the flag is down, round is resolved. That's often half of the total round time watching some HX having fun.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2013, 08:37:13 pm »
+1
It only triggers if 1/2 the round is over. NA1 (and I'm guessing EU1) have 7:00 minute rounds, so it will only trigger if the clock is less then 3:30. This went along way towards fixing the problem, and is probably enough to warrent HX not getting buffed. It isn't even as much about how motf effects play, and more so that it has deterred droves of hx playing under one banner.

As an aside, its any mounted player, doesn't have to be ranged.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2013, 08:47:56 pm »
Huh, I never really noticed that, guess when I noticed HX delaying for one and a half minutes it was before the 3:30 timer, rounds can go down pretty fast. That is a nice system.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2013, 09:20:51 pm »
+1
Hard counter may have been the wrong word. Let me rephrase:

Every class can beat every class, even hoplite or sword and board with throwing. The same cannot be said about hx.

Disclamer: I don't necessarily agree that hx should be nerfed.

Spend a bit on throwing. Get a throwing axe. Throw it in horses face. Kill HX when they are floundering on the floor, or slaughter them in melee with much better melee skills.

Seems a valid way to beat HX to me.

Saying ranged cav has no counter is utter bollocks.  Even cav can counter them with half a brain. I used to relish chasing Leed, Kerrigan or Chagan on the battlefield because it was a massive challenge. Those guys knew how to slaughter ranged cav just as much as any other class. Infantry has a perfectly decent chance unless they have made their build utterly unsuitable to the task. Wearing light armour, with a 2h sword, no shield and no polearm is asking for ranged to shoot you to death. And that's the way it should be. But armour, a shield, a polearm or heck even a 1h + shield can do fine against ranged cav. It just requires patience. Something crpg players are sorely lacking.

Though when a hoplite is last alive against 10 enemies, the round won't take 2 minutes to end. Every infantry has a hard counter in getting ganked.

This has no bearing on balance. The round lasting 2 more mins because an HX refuses to die is nothing to do with how good or bad they are. And with flags it's a pointless argument. 2 mins is nothing and the infantry inevitably always wins the flags.

(click to show/hide)

Your posts always come across as I can't play the way I want to play all the time because of so and so and so that particular thing should stay UP ect.

Throwing weapons are a great way to counter horse ranged. If you don't want to invest in them then that's your problem. The same way you don't want to take a shield and have some patience. At some point the HX/HA will be forced to close you down and that's when you strike. I've known plenty of shielders to be great at taking down horse ranged because they are willing to wait for the time to strike.

Personally with my hoplite I have never ever had a problem dealing with ranged cav. Because I am perfectly happy to sit behind my shield and out wait them. It's not hard and eventually they will have to do something or risk the flags. I find that fun. But then my concept of fun is clearly different. But that shouldn't mean a particular class should be nerfed because I don't like fighting them properly.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:32:14 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2013, 09:47:23 pm »
+4
This has no bearing on balance. The round lasting 2 more mins because an HX refuses to die is nothing to do with how good or bad they are. And with flags it's a pointless argument. 2 mins is nothing and the infantry inevitably always wins the flags.
My problem is not that the horse ranged eventually loses, my problem is that it takes two minutes because he is untouchable. The only points I have made about balance is that HX is way stronger than HA, apart from that I am arguing that horse ranged just is annoying to everyone else because they delay. 2 minutes is nothing? An entire round of battle on average only takes like 3 and a half minutes. It is 2 minutes I and 100 people with me usually spend watching fuck all happen with zero effect on the outcome of the round.

I bet that half the cries for HX are caused by people having to watch them waste loads of time because there is always a few last alive, especially since they play with a dozen at the same time. It is simply boring for everyone.