Author Topic: Nerf HX  (Read 7635 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: Nerf HX
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2013, 09:12:48 pm »
If you want to even begin to bring HA somewhat into a level field, three items need to be corrected.

1: Fix the aim offset in 3rd person on HA. It is a well known fact that you have to aim to the left of the cross hairs.

2: Make it so that HA can aim to the right more than 5 degrees. Make it more in line with the 75-80 degrees that HX get.

3: Accuracy (width of cross hairs) need to be the same with the same wpf and HA skill. Currently, it isn't.

Yes, I have both HA and HX to know.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2013, 09:25:56 pm »
You know the shit and weird thing about this? HX got better accuracy and easier aim than most foot archers. And reloading speed is no where near drawing speed. :P
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2013, 09:53:26 pm »
I understand HX/HA is annoying class, especially for 2h/pole. But you guys are simply overacting.

From my experience, with my equipment (Light Xbow +3, Steel Bolts +3), I need 2-3 bolts to kill lightly armored horses like Arabian Warhorse (if I hit it of course - this horse is so unpredictable, it's not easy to hit it in first place). Medium armored horses like Destrier dies from 4-5 bolts. It's better to leave heavily armored horses alone, since I would waste too many bolts trying to take them down. I'm not counting head hits here, but they of course can help you to kill enemy horse much faster.

BS. On my lvl 24 alt Hx with +3 light crossbow and +3 steel bolts max was 2-3 shots for anyone
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 10:16:44 pm by strudog »
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Fandrall

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 5
  • Steppe Cap is back in style!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Fru_Apskaft
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2013, 11:48:58 pm »
+3
This game has the uniqe feature that is mimics reality when it comes to fighting techniques and tactics. Its mechanics will create a few champions that are really good individually but also the big mass of average guys. 1v1 the average guy stands next to no chance against the champion but if he teams up with another (or more) average guys and comes up with a technique that will shield his weakness and/or create a way to beat the champion the table suddenly turns. Soldiers (average guys) will win against warriors (champions) most of the time if they fight as one. The mechanics also makes certain classes easier to team up then others.

I've played as a HA through all the nerfs made since the upkeep patch and I think the HA is one of the weakest classes 1v1. Its a class that takes dedication, consentration, costs alot of upkeep and is hard to play if you're alone. However it is one of the most powerfull when you team up with others (especially ranged cav but also melee cav or as inf support). You have the possability to manuever on the battlefield and engage where you please. At the same time the risk of th is minimal even if you play with melee cav. On EU1 you dont see much HAs but im not sure its because the class is so underpowered. There are next to no teamplay these days and most maps are hard to play on (AH is shit on foot) so you have to focus all the time. Those two reasons combined with the upkeep just doesent make it worth playing the class. And then there's the HX...

It has the same capabilities as the HA but dont suffer from the following things.
1. Upkeep is not nearly as high which make it worth to play.
2. HX can hold its shots which means you dont have to pay as much attention when it comes to timing.
3. If you hybrid you can go with higher armor or if you dedicate you'll have high riding. Both gives higher survivability without sacrifice dmg or accuracy.

All in all the HX is superior to the HA and on top of that a much more relaxed class to play. That said we havent had a high population of HXs on EU for very long and I think its too early to talk about nerfs yet. Give people some time to adapt. Ranged cav is not as easy to play as you make it sound and I bet most HXs will disapear soon as the players that goes for the class of the month will move on. The only HX I've seen making a true impact on a round on his own is ROHYPNOL and I bet hes doing great no matter what class he plays.

P.S. All ranged cav should dismount if they are the last ones and there's next to no chance of winning the round. Dont extend your "fun" at the expense of others...

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2013, 12:49:56 am »

First off, like I said earlier, HX can do more damage at lvl8 than HA can do at lvl33. That is a fact. You do not have to go 7/30 HX and you'll still be more accurate AND do more damage than any lvl33 HA. Fact. I tried a 15/24 HX and it was far superior to any HA build I have tried, loomed or unloomed.  Another fact. Latvian is a heavy armored target that exploits 2H OPness (he's surprisingly good as bardiche cav though, I must confess). HX is not OP, nor is HA, but they are not balanced right now. I already stated the pros and cons for HA against HX... Whoever thinks HX should not be nerfed in one way or the other is either retarded or playing HX 24/7.

In reality HX and HA maybe should be OP, but that would make a shitty gameplay. I'm fine with HA right now when some players like Corsair (I hate you mate) do extremely well with a shitty class and can actually turn the tide on some battles on EU1. HX on the other hand requires far less skill imo. When I played it, I went full on troll mode and just kept pushing W (when I'm 2H I push S), bumping everything that moved and aimed directly at people. For my surprise I actually hit and killed people unlike with my HA alt which does require some aiming. With 8-10 riding you do not have to worry about other cavalry. You have far superior aim against any HA and thanks to archer nerfs, you have no real enemies on foot neither...

Nerf them, nerf them hard. Also nerf arbalesters, even though I haven't tried the class yet.

(Gurnisson, note that I do not down vote people that have different opinions.)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 12:55:57 am by Mr.K. »

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2013, 03:27:16 am »
Nerf them, nerf them hard. Also nerf arbalesters, even though I haven't tried the class yet.

And what you suggest will shoot horses then?
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2013, 03:45:02 am »
+8
Also nerf arbalesters, even though I haven't tried the class yet.

If you're serious, you're a cancer of the game balance forum. Suggesting to nerf any class, at all, without having played it for a significant period before reaching that conclusion makes your opinions obsolete. At least that's my view on things. You won't have a good overview if you haven't played the class you're suggesting to re-balance.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2013, 06:06:46 am »
If you're serious, you're a cancer of the game balance forum. Suggesting to nerf any class, at all, without having played it for a significant period before reaching that conclusion makes your opinions obsolete. At least that's my view on things. You won't have a good overview if you haven't played the class you're suggesting to re-balance.

Seriously.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2013, 05:54:23 pm »
+3

Hey brother welcome to 85% of the forum posters who bitch about something, but can not do it themselves, nor have tried it.
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2013, 06:28:56 pm »
It's been like that for the 2 years I've been on the forums.  Most of the "suggestions" are nerf requests and whining because the person is too dumb or stubborn to change the way they are playing. 

I still estimate that 90% of the people who play in the servers don't post on the forums, and that most of the people have felt the game has been pretty well balanced over the years, and nothing was so grossly overpowered that it needed a nerf.  But that's just my opinion.  Maybe I give people too much credit.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2013, 01:59:09 am »
Jesus the old whine about whiners, no arguments.

We are talking about a class that very few really like to play, people play it just to piss of everyone else and recently just to join the bandwagon.
It is also powerful in many situations, and especially because they can choose these situations themselves. They also 2 shot most unloomed lvl 30s.

They also seem to occupy 30% of round time at end of rounds when the rest of their team is dead, flags come up, then they die and everyone paid more upkeep, wasted active playtime.

Get rid of this ridiculous class. Doesn't benefit gameplay as a whole at all.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2013, 12:36:26 pm »
(click to show/hide)
anyway,  a kinda help for this shit imo:  make steel bolts not usable on horseback.  whaddaya say?
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline bruce

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2013, 02:07:08 pm »
I like to play horse crossbow*, but I sold all my HX gear which I had for a long, long time because I expect it to be nerfed (with reason, too), and hanging on to MW light crossbow and bolts, well.

However deleting a class because you don't like horse ranged is a douchebag move. It needs a nerf, since the class has too few counters these days, with foot ranged now far less effective then they've ever been, lancers being far less effective vs other cav, and HAs and other horse ranged being significantly worse.

Maybe if we yet again make HA skill take 9 agi and increase the str requirements of the light crossbow to 12 or a few more (eg, 14 is a good number), it'd both fix the class and in general make horse ranged less potent (you could then have up to 3 HA skill at really high level, which translates to horrid accuracy on the move).

The biggest problem is that their horses are too hard to kill for infantry, even infantry with ranged, especially when you factor in the fact they can get 10 riding. A sarranid (Arabian, whatever) horse with it's diminutive size and excellent maneuver at 10 riding becomes a nightmare to shoot down.

* I played it back in the really old days when archers would oneshot your horse with a hornbow (then called strongbow) and then oneshot you before you've even fallen to the ground. How times have changed.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 02:14:19 pm by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Tony007rammstein

• Knight
  • Renown: 75
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Tony007/ Merc_Tony
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2013, 05:39:37 pm »
Just try to ride ur horse using no arms and shooting or reloading xbow at the same time IRL. its most unreallistic class in game.  That shit should be nerfed for sure.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 05:43:02 pm by Tony007rammstein »

Offline bruce

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2013, 05:52:21 pm »
Just imagine standing in front of a charging heavy horse, stabbing it in the face, and not being incapacitated when nearly a ton of meat (and sometimes, metal, too) falls on top of you. Hell, stab a charging horse with just about anything, how would you ever retrieve your weapon in a milisecond? Yet I routinely stab horses in the face and chop down riders afterwards. It's the silliest thing in warband.

Besides, you steer with your legs mostly. Ofc, reloading an actual crossbow was done by using one foot if I remember correctly, which would've made maneuver a bit trickier. I mean, the class needs a nerf, but calling it most unrealistic ever is silly.
Best ban reason ever: