Author Topic: Anti-horseman simulator  (Read 6509 times)

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
Anti-horseman simulator
« on: March 19, 2013, 10:26:20 am »
+10
After this update game became something like "FUCK YOU HORSEMAN"  nerff bumps even more, add even more stakes that instantly kill horses, i think stoping horse should be totaly enough otherwise people will jsut spam stakes like now in eu 1 when there is about 20 people in each team and center of map is pretty much unaccessable for horseman. I am afraid to think how map wil look like when there is 50 people of which 15 are throwing stakes. Maybe limit count of stakes per team?

tl:dr  another horseman QQ thread
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 08:36:18 pm by Kalam »
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Rhaegar

• Earl
  • Renown: 350
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: Nord_Rhaegar
Re: Anti-horseman simulator
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 11:01:23 am »
I state that I hate the cavalry,I do not like to be trampled while fighting,although I agree with what is written above,the use of the poles should be revised or risks messing up too much of the battlefield

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 11:04:51 am »
+2
I'm fine with stakes (they should be smaller of course), but only if horses get a general stat buff. Maybe increase the influence of riding (it was nerfed hard when horses changed requirements).

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 11:05:02 am »
After this update game became something like "FUCK YOU HORSEMAN"  nerff bumps even more, add even more stakes that instantly kill horses, i think stoping horse should be totaly enough otherwise people will jsut spam stakes like now in eu 1 when there is about 20 people in each team and center of map is pretty much unaccessable for horseman. I am afraid to think how map wil look like when there is 50 people of which 15 are throwing stakes. Maybe limit count of stakes per team?

tl:dr  another horseman QQ thread
Sounds nice, it wold also encourage tactical positioning.
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 11:21:57 am »
The whole idea of the stakes is a good one, but there needs to be a limit on how many are put down, people are making stake forts and blocking any access to them what so ever, these are a perfect item for trolls and people who want to have a bit of fun, maybe limit to say 5 a round? like the siege shields. Plus getting stuck in a stake is so fucking annoying!!!
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 11:25:21 am »
+3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

and there were stakes in other places as well, what is cavalry supposed to do? It even blocks infantry.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Shaksie

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Double Thickshake
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 11:27:38 am »
I agree, it should be a little harder to use spikes. Maybe make them smaller, heavier, more expensive and take up more slots?
They were definitely needed though, I think it's fair to say a lot of people hated not being able to do anything to cavalry without the usage of a ranged weapon and/or long poker.
Also, I know it is most likely impossible but it would be very cool to make a horse that has died still injure players, and to be honest I've always felt that horsebumps should hurt a lot.
In their current state, it is not plausible to increase their damage, more mechanics required!

tl;dr, Hurry up and make M:BG so we can have less... retardation! :D

(click to show/hide)

and there were stakes in other places as well, what is cavalry supposed to do? It even blocks infantry.

Oh wow, sweet jeebus. They are a buttload bigger than I thought.
Their size needs to be nerfed very hard, I thought it would be like a person sized stake formation.
VERY nice boy :)

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 11:42:21 am »
+1
Well maybe it will filter the insane amount of cav! cav could go everywhere, even climb hills!

Dismount maybe? cav is the most effective on foot hybrid!

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
  • Renown: 663
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Chris
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 11:46:22 am »
Just limit it to a maximum of 5 stakes per team and its fine.
Bros never die!

Offline Darkoveride

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Steppe armor best armor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans.
  • Game nicks: GK_Darko, Commissar Darko
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 11:48:28 am »
there's a global limit anyway.
BUBASTAN FOR LIFE

Offline Horst_Kurmoottaja

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Ei urhot kaukaisen Pohjolan uhan eessä taipuneet!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deserter_Horst, Mamba_
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 09:25:34 pm »
+2
2 slots per one stack of stakes. Its just so silly that big structure takes just 1 slot.
Farewell my brother
Farewell my foe
May death embrace you
Your blood in the darkness flow
***PÖRKELE***

Offline Renegat

• Baron
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 09:37:15 pm »
Bumps damages were realy stupid, losing 20% with 7 if and 60 body armor in one bump was silly, so imo keep bump damage as it is now. Btw, despite of how "badly nerfed" cav have been, the amount of cav on eu-1 is still impressive.

So thx dev for this patch, and if you think this patch prevent you from enjoying the game, then adapt yourself. If most 1h carry a war spear nowadays, it's not for the style, they just adapted to battle conditions. So now it's your turn to find out some solutions to deal with this patch's add.

Last thing, bumps wouldn't be that important for you if you were able to hit your target. If you rely on bumps to damage your ennemie, then sorry but you're a mediocre cav.

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 09:43:17 pm »
+1
I don't care about cav players as I don't play battle that often but if they would have nerfed 2h players in a similar way, heads would roll already. :D
Cav more and more goes the same path as archery: a class only for dedicated players with loomed equipment and certain effective builds. I don't want the old trololol-cav back, but I think the heavy lance nerf and the new horse nerf are enough to balance cav, an additional anti-cavalry defense device wasn't needed imo.   

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 10:27:22 pm »
From what I saw on NA_1 last night the number of stakes deployed at one time capped out at 9 or 10, with the last few stacks deployed actually being shorter than the first rows that were deployed. It could just be a bug, but it was effective at limiting the total number of stakes each team could use in the round. It also encouraged some players to break the stakes of enemy teams to deploy more for their own team.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 10:34:18 pm »
+1
Stakes and the bump damage nerf are just two more ways of making horses helpless against ranged that is paying attention. These items definitely need to weigh a hefty amount, take up 2 or more slots, and cost more. I also hate that you can literally turn your horse into one of these and move at 0.1 MPH and your horse will commit seppuku and you will go flying. Even worse is the amount of people just throwing them down a second or two before they see cavalry coming towards them since they know these items are instantly created and will instantly kill a horse--they have no setup time.

Not over all a terrible addition to the game, it's partially a cool addition; it just makes my class harder, and will mean I have to try harder and adapt a little. I think the price of horses should be reduced as a way to incentivize cavalry with these pretty big nerfs. Our horses just lost great stats and now have an item that totally impedes us without requiring a player like a pikeman, just any guy can throw this down and then go AFK. Give us something in return for our nerfs.