Author Topic: Finished Maps  (Read 32573 times)

Offline SteelDevil

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • IM NO GODDAMN PEASANT
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hellfire
Sea Clash and Sea Battle
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2011, 01:31:58 pm »
Sea Clash

(click to show/hide)

Sea Battle

(click to show/hide)

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2625

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Finished Maps
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2011, 06:54:34 pm »
Why are there arabian houses on the ground of the sea?

And a tip: use the smooth tool on the shoreline, the textures look horribly stretched.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline SteelDevil

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • IM NO GODDAMN PEASANT
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hellfire
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2011, 11:40:48 am »
the houses have been removed and the sea is now way deeper.

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2011, 06:05:50 pm »
I've made three maps so far that are ready to be ripped apart. Patiently waiting on server review/approval.

1. Misty Mountain Hop - mountain town skirmish map
(click to show/hide)

2. Screaming Trees - Thick forest map
(click to show/hide)

3. Bridge Over Troubled Waters - 2 Fort style field map
(click to show/hide)

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2537

I've played the 1st and the 3rd map, as cavalry, and I have to admit I don't like them at all, sorry brother. reason: unbalanced because no usage of cavalry. But I can't wait to play on your 2nd map, I think it's great atmosphere!

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2011, 09:08:43 pm »
The first map was never made for cav. And I'm not really happy with it either, to be honest. I want to change it completely but I don't have time.

The third map, I tried to compromise a bit for infantry, archers, and cav. While its not best for cav since most players take the bridges, I don't think it hurts cav. Maybe getting rid of some houses would make it better for cav to run around. My new one is basically a big battlefield. Hopefully that will be more geared towards cav. The few I've heard from seem to like it.

Thanks for the input though. Usually its, "its gay".
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuckĀ’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Ronan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Ronan PxC
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2011, 05:48:14 pm »
Misty Mountain Hop: Ive played this one, I like the idea and once in the center location its pretty even. It seems more geared towards archers for two reason.(1) That one tower with ladder going up to it. Archers tend to rush to that tower and IF they make it there they have free range or alot of the map to get kills, not to mention, its a pain to get up in there to take em out if youre not ranged. (2) I notice that one team starts by a real high hill on one side of the map--by that damn towe-- and tend to camp there as well. Though the hill can get surrounded and then bye bye archer. haha!
Bridge Over Troubled Waters: Played this one too. Actually disagree with Tofi and I am a Cav. guy. Though it isnt geared toward cav it works just fine. Ive gotten a lot of kills with cav. Its good for archers too in my opinion since they can get off the ground. the general melee(the core of the fun) I dont know too much about but Id say once near the river they seem to have an alright time. But Im not usually front line. :P

Keep up the good work.

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2011, 06:25:46 pm »
Misty Mountain Hop: Ive played this one, I like the idea and once in the center location its pretty even. It seems more geared towards archers for two reason.(1) That one tower with ladder going up to it. Archers tend to rush to that tower and IF they make it there they have free range or alot of the map to get kills, not to mention, its a pain to get up in there to take em out if youre not ranged. (2) I notice that one team starts by a real high hill on one side of the map--by that damn towe-- and tend to camp there as well. Though the hill can get surrounded and then bye bye archer. haha!
Bridge Over Troubled Waters: Played this one too. Actually disagree with Tofi and I am a Cav. guy. Though it isnt geared toward cav it works just fine. Ive gotten a lot of kills with cav. Its good for archers too in my opinion since they can get off the ground. the general melee(the core of the fun) I dont know too much about but Id say once near the river they seem to have an alright time. But Im not usually front line. :P

Keep up the good work.

About the thrid map (bridges): They just went up on the towers, so we had absolutely no chance to reach them.

Offline Salminen

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Lookout
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2011, 06:56:11 pm »
Lookout:
Forest map centered around a small fort-like oookout post with twin-towers overlooking the valley below.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2638
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 06:57:22 pm by Salminen »
You are all overpowered.

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Lookout
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2011, 08:49:03 pm »
Lookout:
Forest map centered around a small fort-like oookout post with twin-towers overlooking the valley below.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2638

Looks great, let's try ;-)

Offline Vanguard Warden

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Vanguard_IV
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2011, 08:24:02 am »
EDIT: Map update, reposted.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 11:45:10 pm by Vanguard Warden »

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2011, 04:15:45 pm »
Guys please keep the feedback on other threads, this is just for modders posting their finished maps so server admins can find them easily.  Thanks :) (and we do appreciate the feedback!)
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline Ronan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Ronan PxC
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2011, 02:42:29 am »
This is my first map. It is a siege map--Like no other?. Its a medium/small castle surrounded by a city. The attack will start in the front. Thats not where it ends though. Theres a ladder in the front and off to both sides, a back door, and an entrance somewhere with out the castle. Defenders beware - attacks explore. Those are the two suggestions.

I have tested the crap out of this map but alas I am only one. I present "Phoenix Castle" to the cRPG community for your enjoyment and judgment. I hope you all find it enjoyable.

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2646
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 02:45:07 am by Ronan »

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2011, 10:47:53 pm »
Tons of new maps, great work all of you!  :shock:
Ill try to find time to update the list this week, keep the hits comin'!

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2011, 09:32:18 pm »
The only sad thing is that EU server admins seem to be absent as of late...no new maps or updated maps have been included in rotation for at least a week.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2011, 10:18:14 pm »
The only sad thing is that EU server admins seem to be absent as of late...no new maps or updated maps have been included in rotation for at least a week.
Updating maps always requires to restart the servers, doing it every day is annoying to players. I am right now collecting, and if no one stops me I update next weekend.