Author Topic: What do you think of the 2 slot xbows change?  (Read 5883 times)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think of the 2 slot xbows change?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 06:06:03 pm »
+1
I wish there were like thingies like tiny assassino pocket cbows or something like that. But that nerf was well deserved imo. The cbowspam did go little overboard from time to time.

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • It isnt sufficient that I succeed-others must fail
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shadowren_ATS
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 06:08:56 pm »
Killed my current xbow build :/ I guess ill be selling/trading looms for better xbow equipment.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Away with you, vile beggar.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 06:25:11 pm »
+2
I do disagree here. When it comes to weapons choice, bows currently have 6 one-slot options and only 2 two-slot options. Combine that with 1 stack of arrows and you have a viable 2hander archer combo. I have on of these alts myself.

I know one stack of arrows is not ideal, but hybrids always need to sacrifice somewhere.

So get a hunting crossbow and BAM! You have a 2 hander xbow combo. That is indeed parity. Sure, you won't one shot nearly as much anymore, but you won't one-shot any less than with a 1 slot bow. That archer taking a 2 hander is sacrificing an entire quiver of arrows, as much as 27 of them! So I don't see that you have a valid point.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 07:11:02 pm »
+1
So get a hunting crossbow and BAM! You have a 2 hander xbow combo. That is indeed parity. Sure, you won't one shot nearly as much anymore, but you won't one-shot any less than with a 1 slot bow. That archer taking a 2 hander is sacrificing an entire quiver of arrows, as much as 27 of them! So I don't see that you have a valid point.

I never one shotted anyone, even with MW xbow and MW steel bolts - unless on some headshots. And that is only with one stack of bolts - this means only 12 bolts instead of 27 arrows - so there you have your parity.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Crob28

• Count
  • Renown: 247
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 07:12:07 pm »
More QQ less pewpew

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 07:54:16 pm »
I suggested making the regular xbow 2 slots if "you really wanted to completely kill the 2hand/xbow hybrid forever and ruin countless players high level builds" then said that's probably a bad idea.

Welp.  I'm sure it was an idea thrown around anyways but I brought it up as the "worst possible choice" in being extreme and anti-fun and I'm pretty sure that's how balance is done.

My "slightly more measured" suggestion was to basically step all xbow stats down to the one below it.  So horse xbows had to use the hunting xbow (maybe buffed a bit) and 2 slot melee weapon users had to use an xbow more like the light xbow.

Really just something between the regular and light xbow, something that could hardly snipe but still be effective at shooting horses and stuff.

Sadly I think all of this is a massive buff to cav (which I just went back to lol  regular lance/2hander hybrid never fails) and is going to lead sooner then later to throwing dominating the servers again as the go to hybrid.  I'd much rather have every nerd camping and being kind of useless with xbows then spamming overpowered throwing axes at everything and 1 shotting every horse/blackbarring heavy infantry.

Basically I'm fine with the patch if you go back and nerf throwing some more.  Thanks for the balance.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline WeeBo

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: Remnant_WeeBoy
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 08:19:59 pm »
+1
I am as worthless as ever now thanks devs. I'm glad i put so many thousands of hours to this game just to get shit on.  Cry babies ruined it for me so its my turn. WAH WAH WAH  :cry: :cry: :cry:

"The original operator."

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 08:28:26 pm »
add a little blade in front of xbow and make it 3 slot and melee mode.... nice idea PEPE !!!
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 08:33:19 pm »

THIS SHOULD NOT BE EFFECTIVE, STFU U bundle of sticks XBOWS
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 08:38:13 pm »
This whole patch was a great success IMO. Only thing remaining to do is to fine-tune some of the items. Short Arming Sword and Nordic Short War Sword for example.

So yes, 2slot xbows was a good thing.

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 08:59:31 pm »
+1
Pro's of the change:

•     Less ranged on the battlefield
  •     Works around the issue of no dedicated point investment necessary to use a crossbow (for some build types only - see below)
  •     Almost entirely eliminating the "class" of 2 handed sword and polearm crossbow hybrids (there are no valid one-slot 2 handers besides the mace, three* 1 handers in alternative mode, and a very limited  amount of on slot polearms available) (Yes, good)
  •    Further discourages hybrids and promotes dedicated strength/agi builds (again good)
  •    Reduction of variety on the battlefield (Reduction of variety in this case is good)
  •    Affects only certain build types, not 1hd xbow users (Yes this is as it should be, they are the real xbow users)

I do like diversity and think hybrid builds in other games can be good. However in CRPG hybrid builds are really messed up, for a tiny investment of say 5-10% at the very most of your points you can be just as effective at something (5 points in riding for cav and can play cav and melle just as good as any dedicated build) or in this case with xbows, a 0% investment of your skills you can be both a melle and ranged at near full effectiveness and this is obviously very bad. A real hybrid build is where a player isnt great at 1 thing or another, they are mediocre at both but they have that veristilty, in CRPG you can easily be great at both things your hybrid in with little to no investment. I would prefer to have hybrids, but it requires a much greater skill investment in teh two things your a hybrid in, cav is pretty bad in this reguard (im saying this and im "hybrid" melle cav), melle xbowers where the worst and im glad for the change.

Con's of the change:

•     No incentive (besides price) to use the regular xbow over the heavy xbow or arbalest anymore (I dont know much about these xbows, doesnt reg reload faster or something)
  •     Need for massive respecs/training lessons (Dont know how many actually put any points into xbow, if you did should be refunded imo)
  •     Inadvertently buffed horse crossbows in this patch. 2h/pole users can't carry a crossbow sidearm anymore, so there will be even fewer threats to HX (Eh its more than worth it, and its not like you cant drop your weapon and pick up an xbow to use still)

Fixed imo.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 09:05:18 pm by Lemmy_Winks »

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2013, 09:10:40 pm »
I never one shotted anyone, even with MW xbow and MW steel bolts - unless on some headshots. And that is only with one stack of bolts - this means only 12 bolts instead of 27 arrows - so there you have your parity.

Can't put  an opinion down atm because I'm tight on time. But I just wanted to say, a shot in my chest from +3 xbow with +3 steel bolts would do 3/4 of my health. Keep in mind I wear +2 plate mittens and +3 heraldic mail with tabard and have 7 IF. Was a little ridiculous. :/
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2013, 09:14:00 pm »
Ya apple thats the thing. Its not all that fair that you can blackbar me with an arbalast, it doesnt matter you have no skill in it it still hits like a truck and its not hard to hit someone with it even without any WPF. Its dumb that you can carry this shotgun around, invest no points in it, blackbar me when im coming at you and then once i engage you in combat your just as effective as a full melle build, which is what you are. An archer could shoot me several times while im coming at them and blackbar me but once i engage in melle combat they are at a serious disadvantage.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2013, 09:15:21 pm »
+1
I think this was necessary. Completely prevents me from taking a crossbow with 1 wpf when I go swinging my axe on foot. I only did it because a big bunch of others did the same thing. Now I should not have the need for that anymore.

Sure it made some slasher xbow hybrids not usable, but I guess that's the price we have to pay...

There is no sight in my third eye