Author Topic: What do you think of the 2 slot xbows change?  (Read 5985 times)

Offline Keening

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think of the 2 slot xbows change?
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2013, 03:32:39 am »
2 Slot change to crossbow was heavily needed. If there were no changes to 1 handed weapons this would be a significantly larger nerf. However with many new 0 slot 1 handed it is great. I think intention here is in efforts to fix all of those Crossbowmen using two handed weapons. Just my two cents, game on!

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2013, 03:40:29 am »
+2
Overall it was needed, but Light Crossbow should have been left 1 slot to give hybrids at least SOME option (not considering Hunting Crossbow an option, but Light Crossbow was/is actually viable on foot).
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2013, 03:48:15 am »
+3
Overall it was needed, but Light Crossbow should have been left 1 slot to give hybrids at least SOME option (not considering Hunting Crossbow an option, but Light Crossbow was/is actually viable on foot).

Ain't going to happen, cause HX's are the most evil existence so HX must be nerfed....oh wait, they weren't nerfed, they'll still carry 1 xbow and 2 bolts, they just lost 1 bolt slot.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline gdijim

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2013, 03:57:17 am »
+2
I think that Light crossbow should have remained the same as well.

Look - obviously not going to start some sort of big 'quitting' post, but this was a giant kick in the ass this late in the game to have the light crossbow, of all things, be changed to two slot.  As I've played a horse Xbow sword/board hybrid for 20 gens, I don't think I'll be changing it up.  I'll most likely just play less.  Fuck it.

If you want to really balance crossbow, go off WPF as what you're allowed to use.  I sacrificed all my iron-flesh points in order to do a truly hybrid build - 131 crossbow, 108 1 hand, which meant I had to keep a balanced 18/18 build to get 6 Weapon proficiency.  If the target of this change is two-hand hero's wielding x-bows, then put in something to check WPF instead of making it a slot thing.

Anyway - this was lame.

Release_Arrows

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2013, 04:24:16 am »
I have to agree with Release on this one.  I don't see the need for the change. 

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2013, 06:56:05 am »

37 pierce, 45 when MW isn't "viable"??

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Kamirane

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2013, 06:57:53 am »
Anwser to the orignial post
(click to show/hide)

They all can still use a Hunting-Xbow. So they just lost a bit damage on the secondary Weapon. But as a Shielder, for example, u got now new good weapons and also 0-Slot-Weapons to balance this out.

But maybe it will be more realistic if X-Bows have a need in WPF to be able to aim right like Archery. Its alot difference between swinging a Weapon and aiming with a ranged weapon.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2013, 07:32:53 am »
37 pierce, 45 when MW isn't "viable"??

Maybe so, but it's about at the level of the Nomad Bow/Bodkins with 6 PD.

Archers have 6 bows they can easily hybrid any melee class with, 4 of which are damn good, and 2 bows they can hybrid with using a zero slot or less ammo.

Crossbows have 1 item they can easily hybrid any melee class with, and four they can take less bolts or a zero slot with. Archers should have more bows they're able to hybridize easily with since they do have to invest more into their use, but it just seems pretty extreme. Making just the crossbow 2 slots seems like enough, unless we're going to make Horn/Yumi 2 slots as well.

I understand that the Crossbow was pretty powerful, and probably the easiest Crossbow to use with low prof, and because of this yeah, it deserves the two-slot tag. But from my experience using MW Light Crossbow + MW Steel Bolts with 170 prof it hardly seems like it was deserving of the loss (without a boost to some of it's stats as the Crossbow received on Damage).
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 07:37:49 am by Malaclypse »
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2013, 08:56:51 pm »
what I dont get is why they destroy 2h/polearm - xbow hybrids but make it easier for 1h/shield/xbow hybrids.

I think it is the wrong way to reduce the 2h/xbow hybrids on the battlefield. A higher wpf requirement would have been better. it reduces the xbows but still gives the people a chance to have a bit of a diversified playstyle (dedicated hybrids)

Offline Kamirane

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2013, 09:15:36 pm »

Archers have 6 bows they can easily hybrid any melee class with, 4 of which are damn good, and 2 bows they can hybrid with using a zero slot or less ammo.

But i think u forgot about 1 important thing. U need alot WPF in Archery to get some aim and damage. X-Bow doesnt rly need WPF.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2013, 09:17:42 pm »
But i think u forget about 1 important thing. U need alot WPF in Archery to get some aim and damage. X-Bow doesnt rly need WPF.

haha. 4 pd and 60 wpf and I'm good to go with medium armor.

They lowered the PD wpf requirement so the "U NEED GOOD INVESTMENT" is actually false. 5 PD plus about 80 wpf and I'm perfectly viable hybrid able to use most bows and do decent damage.

Offline Kamirane

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2013, 09:31:57 pm »

They lowered the PD wpf requirement so the "U NEED GOOD INVESTMENT" is actually false. 5 PD plus about 80 wpf and I'm perfectly viable hybrid able to use most bows and do decent damage.

Thats what i talk about. You need with X-Bow, to have a similar build (just switch Archery and X-Bow), no skillpoints and no WPF - ok give the 60-80 WPF to X-bow... you still loose 4-5 skillpoints.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2013, 09:34:45 pm »
This 100%.  Fighting past a whole team, charging through a rain of bolts, only to find a well-armoured, full-health pure greatsword user with 2 extra WM for the crossbow was ridiculous.

These people are taking a risk. If theyre a good player and wanna spend the key initial moments of the infantry engagement sitting in the back behind a tree taking  potshots at people with their secondary weapon instead of actually applying all that armor and hero weapon to a heavy melee fight, they're gonna find themselves quickly outnumbered. So they may as well be in cloth and using a heavyxbow or arbalast. The majority of battle rounds are won in the first minute during the infantry clash.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2013, 09:36:27 pm »
+1
These people are taking a risk. If theyre a good player and wanna spend the key initial moments of the infantry engagement sitting in the back behind a tree taking  potshots at people with their secondary weapon instead of actually applying all that armor and hero weapon to a heavy melee fight, they're gonna find themselves quickly outnumbered. So they may as well be in cloth and using a heavyxbow or arbalast. The majority of battle rounds are won in the first minute during the infantry clash.
Not in EU, they're usually first settled here in the second smaller clash of the people who stayed behind/survived the initial one.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2013, 09:48:12 pm »
+2

Compared to the crossbow were all you need is...the crossbow and the bolts.