Author Topic: What do you think of the 2 slot xbows change?  (Read 6333 times)

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
Re: What do you think of the 2 slot xbows change?
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2013, 09:21:39 pm »
Ya apple thats the thing. Its not all that fair that you can blackbar me with an arbalast, it doesnt matter you have no skill in it it still hits like a truck and its not hard to hit someone with it even without any WPF. Its dumb that you can carry this shotgun around, invest no points in it, blackbar me when im coming at you and then once i engage you in combat your just as effective as a full melle build, which is what you are. An archer could shoot me several times while im coming at them and blackbar me but once i engage in melle combat they are at a serious disadvantage.

Agreed. Using an xbow needs to have a downside. I remember when I was leveling as a peasant after retiring, I just ran around with an xbow or arbalest with no wpf because it was more effective then melee as a peasant. It's really ridiculous how accurate and fast I was with 0 wpf. I was getting kill shots left and right. I think this needed to be done.

Also; were you being hypothetical Lemmy or do you believe I'm an xbow user? If so I think you may have me confused for someone else lol. :shock:
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2013, 09:26:33 pm »
I don't think hybrid 2h/pole + xbow was a big problem. used by meleers they are anti-kite measures, it allowed more people to take on the real crap that ruins c-rpg like kiters, archers camping hard to reach spots, and circling opportunist cav. Watch archers and cav get more out of control now with less xbows around to fire at them long range.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 09:30:25 pm »
I think this was necessary. Completely prevents me from taking a crossbow with 1 wpf when I go swinging my axe on foot. I only did it because a big bunch of others did the same thing. Now I should not have the need for that anymore.

Sure it made some slasher xbow hybrids not usable, but I guess that's the price we have to pay...

I don't disagree with your point that there needed to be more requirements for xbow usage. But for people that invested (WPF) in being able to use an xbow, it ruined it.

The thought counts, just the ways of going about it are flawed.

I don't think hybrid 2h/pole + xbow was a big problem. used by meleers they are anti-kite measures, it allowed more people to take on the real crap that ruins c-rpg like kiters, archers camping hard to reach spots, and circling opportunist cav. Watch archers and cav get more out of control now with less xbows around to fire at them long range.

Also this.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2013, 09:32:48 pm »
It just made normal xbow useless.

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2013, 09:44:52 pm »
+2

Not sure about these points here:

Kiters: By kiting i assume your refering to archers, do you expect them to stand there and let you kill them? They are ranged they are doing what they are supposed to do. If your not referring to them kiting is a legitamte strategy. No one is forcing you to follow the kiter. Many times i get dehorsed behind enemy lines, like 5 people will try to jump me, i know theres no way i can kill them so i hold block and backpedal, leading the 5 guys out of the combat area so that they cannot help their team. Its their choice if they want to follow someone out into an uninhabited forest while their team is dieing because they are 5 men down no one is making them follow me the kiter, and tehy would have to be pretty stupid to follow me or any kiter in a situation like that. Dont follow the kiter, go help your team he cant make you follow him.

Archers camping: Again they are ranged this is what they are supposed to do its not cheap crap. The only archer i can recall camping hard to reach places is ivana, who wall walked onto some ledge a week ago or so and delayed the game. When archers camp they are almost never in a place you cant hit by jsut jump slashing its not hard. Plus its not liek their arent other archers to shoot them.

Opertunist cav: Again this is what cav are supposed to do its how the class is played its not cheap crap that you need xbows for to counter. Why would a cav willingly attack someoen whose aware of his presence and will defend himself when he could safely stab someone in the back? Unless your GL/HL cav you basically have to do this to avoid serious harm or death, at the speed your going if you get hit your probably dead. Again just pay attention to whats going on around you and you wont be a victim of opertunist cav.

And furthermore i would argue this change will cause the birht of the xbow class which never existed really, becuase who would be dedicated xbow when you can be melle and use an xbow almost just as well.

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2013, 09:45:51 pm »
+9
Poor Remnants, half of their player's builds made useless in one fell patch. :|

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2013, 10:52:48 pm »
+5
Stop being so stubborn, and start putting throwing into your 2h/polearm builds. Oh wait, you'd actually have to sacrifice something for the increased versatility, guess not!  :?

Edit: Sacrificing 3 skill points for wm so you can get wpf in your crossbow isn't nearly enough considering how much effectiveness you gain from bringing the crossbow with your 2 slot melee weapon.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline XXTNTXX

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2013, 11:30:54 pm »
please revert light xbow to 1 slot

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2013, 11:38:29 pm »

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2013, 11:42:26 pm »
im down fro 3 slot xbows.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2013, 01:21:54 am »
+1
Stop being so stubborn, and start putting throwing into your 2h/polearm builds. Oh wait, you'd actually have to sacrifice something for the increased versatility, guess not!  :?

Edit: Sacrificing 3 skill points for wm so you can get wpf in your crossbow isn't nearly enough considering how much effectiveness you gain from bringing the crossbow with your 2 slot melee weapon.

Used to do that as well for some gens and had fun doing it.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2013, 01:24:03 am »
+3
I think the 2h/xbow hybrids were overpowered, basically having ranged at no cost.

This.  I am happy with the change.

The problem was you had these 2 handers with tons of armor hiding behind cover the whole round taking pot shots.  It was a min/maxer hybrid class and it really needed to go.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2013, 01:37:23 am »
+2
The problem was you had these 2 handers with tons of armor hiding behind cover the whole round taking pot shots.  It was a min/maxer hybrid class and it really needed to go.

This 100%.  Fighting past a whole team, charging through a rain of bolts, only to find a well-armoured, full-health pure greatsword user with 2 extra WM for the crossbow was ridiculous.

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 58
  • Is that all you've got!?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 1%
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
  • IRC nick: SHinOCk
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2013, 01:51:41 am »
Im happy with the change, Having an xbow and doing max ranged damage at no cost beside some wpf for better accuracy was stupid and Op

I do think that people lvl 34 and up affected by this change (mainly 2h/xbow) should receive a respec book because while its still a ''Beta'', Its not fair for someone to have his whole build screwed and having no kind of compensation after having spend like 50 million exp and countless hours tweaking it.
While you burn at the stake, i dance with the flames

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2013, 02:11:20 am »
I'm pretty sure the guy who sold me his mw hunting xbow for 900k is mad now :P

(P.-S. I do not own this awesomeness for now... I had pity of Techno and got a +3 long dagger after some trading :P )
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"