Author Topic: Paramerion is OP  (Read 6780 times)

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Paramerion is OP
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2013, 07:43:06 pm »
Ujin stop pretending like upkeep matters, also, everyone besides me, Falka, and Smooth disagree with you and just couldn't bother typing it.
You're right, i shouldn't waste even another second on you =).

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2013, 07:46:43 pm »
+1
Umm.. no ? -2 speed and -2 pierce, +2k price  for +1 cut ?
 Btw,  you should be all over the arabian cav sword stats then, cause according to your logic it's incredibly OP and much cheaper than nordic/knightly arming. Not TOO far away from the truth , though . =)
But still, the thrust attack should NOT be underestimated, both on foot and in cav fights.

In any case , again - this is only ONE of the possible suggestions for balacing this sword, there's multiple more. I think i'm done here and from now on will just patiently sit back, relax  and see what the balancing team does to it in the next update.
Ujin, I think you are making the mistake of taking the current stats into consideration when stating this. It is not -2 speed and -2 pierce, +2k price for +1 cut. It's stats are already a bit overpowered, it is not a balanced weapon to make those kind of changes. A bit from here to, to add here etc.

As an arabian cav user, I find the sword's speed and lack of a good thrust as a big flaw. 1h cavalry is all about being faster than a lancer, and I didn't find it to my liking. It's too slow. It's price, I think, is fairly balanced (and abilities overall).

I'm going to post my own paramerion idea for the lulz. Lets see if I can make a good change.

Ujin stop pretending like upkeep matters, also, everyone besides me, Falka, and Smooth disagree with you and just couldn't bother typing it.
Numbers do not matter...
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2013, 07:47:37 pm »
You're right, i shouldn't waste even another second on you =).
I'll miss you
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2013, 07:57:55 pm »
Ujin, I think you are making the mistake of taking the current stats into consideration when stating this. It is not -2 speed and -2 pierce, +2k price for +1 cut. It's stats are already a bit overpowered, it is not a balanced weapon to make those kind of changes. A bit from here to, to add here etc.

As an arabian cav user, I find the sword's speed and lack of a good thrust as a big flaw. 1h cavalry is all about being faster than a lancer, and I didn't find it to my liking. It's too slow. It's price, I think, is fairly balanced (and abilities overall).

I'm going to post my own paramerion idea for the lulz. Lets see if I can make a good change.
Numbers do not matter...
It's not balanced, therefore we can't.. balance it ?  :?  Look, if the the +1 cut really scares you that much , the simplest thing to do would be just reducing it's speed by 2 and increasing it's price. Really, i don't so much want to hold on to this specific suggestion rather than just talk theories here. I'm more interested in them finally fixing the goddamn helmet that i wanted to use :/.
Btw, arabian cavalry sword's speed can be both a blessing and a curse. I actually enjoyed using slow weapons from horseback alot, especially loved the destrier + bardiche combo =).

@ Falka, 10 posts later, i can still come back and talk to people that don't go apeshit cause they don't like a couple of numbers. Cheerios.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 08:09:10 pm by Ujin »

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2013, 08:01:16 pm »
I think i'm done here and from now on will just patiently sit back, relax  and see what the balancing team does to it in the next update.

10 posts later....

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2013, 08:26:52 pm »
+1
There is no balance between paramerion and long arming sword; LAS has one better thrust damage set against 2 worse cut damage, shorter length and slower speed and yet it costs slightly more. Does one extra thrust damage really offset its three other weaknesses?
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Jarl_Hangus

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2013, 08:50:05 pm »
+1
Just add slash point is not an option i think.

Up +1 piercing for -1 slash if it's so cool to stab ! I don t have any problems with.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2013, 12:22:21 pm »
+2
It's not balanced, therefore we can't.. balance it ?  :?  Look, if the the +1 cut really scares you that much , the simplest thing to do would be just reducing it's speed by 2 and increasing it's price. Really, i don't so much want to hold on to this specific suggestion rather than just talk theories here. I'm more interested in them finally fixing the goddamn helmet that i wanted to use :/.
I don't know what made you think I said that we can't balance it. You just offered the idea of giving it some cut at the cost of some other stats. But the weapon already has beefed stats. It was my comment on this:
Umm.. no ? -2 speed and -2 pierce, +2k price  for +1 cut ?

Imagine a 1h sword with this stats:
weapon length: 100
weight: 1.5
speed rating: 116
thrust damage: 35 pierce
swing damage: 40 cut
Cost: 8k

Can I offer such an idea and call it balanced?
speed rating: 114 (-2)
thrust damage: 33 pierce (-2)
swing damage: 41 cut (+1)
Cost: 10k (+2k)

It's basically "-2 speed and -2 pierce, +2k price  for +1 cut" now. So I just balanced it? No. The weapon already has strong stats. That is the thing with the paramerion at the moment, it's just sligthly better not as omnipotent as this fantasy sword. I just commented on the way you think, not on the idea itself directly.

Btw, arabian cavalry sword's speed can be both a blessing and a curse. I actually enjoyed using slow weapons from horseback alot, especially loved the destrier + bardiche combo =).
I never tried this on cRPG, but I think I can trust your judgement on that :)
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2013, 01:21:29 am »
I don't know what made you think I said that we can't balance it. You just offered the idea of giving it some cut at the cost of some other stats. But the weapon already has beefed stats. It was my comment on this:
Imagine a 1h sword with this stats:
speed rating: 116
thrust damage: 35 pierce
swing damage: 40 cut
Cost: 8k

Can I offer such an idea and call it balanced?
speed rating: 114 (-2)
thrust damage: 33 pierce (-2)
swing damage: 41 cut (+1)
Cost: 10k (+2k)

It's basically "-2 speed and -2 pierce, +2k price  for +1 cut" now. So I just balanced it? No. The weapon already has strong stats. That is the thing with the paramerion at the moment, it's just sligthly better not as omnipotent as this fantasy sword. I just commented on the way you think, not on the idea itself directly.
I never tried this on cRPG, but I think I can trust your judgement on that :)

Hmm that sword looks too weak. Add 10 reach please.

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2013, 07:19:22 am »
+1
Just make it like a NCS, with more cut, less pierce and less speed. Also, buffing up some other 1h cut weapons to the same lvl is a fair deal ;)

How did these stats even go trough in the first place? Atm it's a NCS with +1 speed, +1 length and 2 more pierce for 2,5-3k less gold.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 07:23:54 am by Berserkadin »

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
  • Renown: 139
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Pantheon_Haze_The_Hobo Haze_Ze_PewPew
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2013, 08:20:16 am »
+1
My opinion: Balance weapons before adding them.

Offline Ras_FrenzYYY

• Mad Cuz Bad
  • Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 482
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2013, 04:49:17 pm »
Some guys are clearly loosing it..We are in the shielders era and they are trying to make one handed weapons as op as they can be..103 length is huge!!!! for 1h weapon.
With 23 pierce is getting close to godlike (my MW katana has 20).
With 98 speed we are talking about massacre.(one handers shielders are crying for their happiness)

And dont forget its 1 slot..
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened"

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2013, 05:05:22 pm »

Ujin at least provides a couple of suggestions as to how it could be balanced (4 iirc), unlike you who just enters the balancing topic to slag him off and call 1H up. Grow up.

-1 speed, -1 cut +1-2k in price. Weapon will be in between nordic champ and knightly arming.

This with +1 difficulty and a 2,5 k increase instead of 1-2 seems ok. -1 speed, -1 cut, +2,5 k price, + 1 diff would at least make it more balanced than it is. Another option would be to keep the price and remove 1 cut and 1 pierce.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2013, 05:10:30 pm »
Ujin at least provides a couple of suggestions as to how it could be balanced (4 iirc), unlike you who just enters the balancing topic to slag him off and call 1H up. Grow up.
I have posted several suggestions, but ok.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2013, 10:10:31 pm »
My try:

weapon length: 103
weight: 1.2 (-0.1)
difficulty: 13 (+1)
speed rating: 96 (-2)
weapon length: 105 (+2)
thrust damage: 22 pierce (-1)
swing damage: 32 cut
slots: 1
Gold: Hmm.. same as arab cav 6,900 (+280)
For mw, it'll get +3 to cut, +2 to thrust and +1 to speed.

I mostly compared it to arabian cav sword, knightly arming, nordic champ and spathion. As they are it's counterparts in the criteria of length. Has less pierce than knightly arming but more cut. Has less speed than knightly arming and nordic champ, but also faster than arabian cav sword. Also has the same cut with nordic champ sword but 1 point lower than arabian cav sword. It also has more thrust than arabian cav sword. etc etc... Also added +2 length to bring an end to this ridiculous comparision of small length difference. 2 length hardly matters in most cases in my opinion, but lets keep it same so people won't be deciding too much depending on that.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 10:42:30 pm by Ronin »