Author Topic: Paramerion is OP  (Read 6781 times)

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Paramerion is OP
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2013, 12:00:53 am »
Ujin, all your proposals for any form of rebalancing have left all the byz weaponry slightly OP but with the cost of the long espada, none of them have been balanced, at all.

Instead how about something like:
103 length
1.3 weight
14 difficulty
95 speed
23 pierce
33 cut
Price 9,5k

It'd make the weapon somewhat unique and not just a slightly better something else and wouldn't be nearly as OP as what you're proposing.
We're both going around in circles here, just look at the numbers mate.

You suggest to reduce the speed further , i suggest reducing the pierce damage instead and making the speed 96.We agree on the price and difficulty too.

2  pierce for 1 speed and somehow  you think it's justifiable to claim that i want to have an OP weapon ? From someone elses'  perspective your stats may look OP.

From my perspective both options are viable, as well as what Falka posted before he got the idea that calling me a retard repeatedly will make him look smarter and as well as what i suggested on the previous pages.

It's all up to the balance team anyway, we're just fencing with words here basically.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2013, 12:06:43 am »
We're both going around in circles here, just look at the numbers mate.

You suggest to reduce the speed further , i suggest reducing the pierce damage instead and making the speed 96.We agree on the price and difficulty too.

2  pierce for 1 speed and somehow  you think it's justifiable to claim that i want to have an OP weapon ? From someone elses'  perspective your stats may look OP.
The 1h stab is hardly ever used by anybody including you for anything else than feinting, unless you're using a stab based 1h 2 pierce for 1 speed is a bad tradeoff.
From my perspective both options are viable, as well as what Falka posted before he got the idea that calling me a retard repeatedly will make him look smarter and as well as what i suggested on the previous pages.

It's all up to the balance team anyway, we're just fencing with words here basically.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2013, 12:08:56 am »
+1

I use the stab alot, especially in mass fights. If you don't believe me you can ask my clanmates . I actually find it quite important atm. I also use it from horseback.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2013, 01:16:35 am »
No, this is horrible, buffing "some" 1handers effectively shits on every other 1hander ingame.

fine. buff them all. rework tons of stats until shit makes sense.

Offline Jarl_Hangus

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2013, 01:32:12 pm »
+1
Are you serious, +1 cut for -1 pierce, bullshit.

Cav use 98% slash, on foot same.

-1 cut -1 speed and the weapon is balanced.

I don t talk about price.

I use the stab alot, especially in mass fights. If you don't believe me you can ask my clanmates . I actually find it quite important atm. I also use it from horseback.

I use "alot", seriously. BE honnest man ! You know it s not fair +1 cut for pierce nerf even with other stuff, for 1h cav it will be just the top 1 weapon. Cause of better cut, length. OTher thing are useless in 1h cav.
With pierce 1 dmg will not change anything, the only thing you need for 1 shoot other cav it s  speed, and it s 99% when you use it on cav.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 01:44:59 pm by Jarl_Hangus »

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2013, 02:26:08 pm »
Pierce is useful for cav.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2013, 03:19:04 pm »

I use "alot", seriously. BE honnest man ! You know it s not fair +1 cut for pierce nerf even with other stuff, for 1h cav it will be just the top 1 weapon. Cause of better cut, length. OTher thing are useless in 1h cav.
With pierce 1 dmg will not change anything, the only thing you need for 1 shoot other cav it s  speed, and it s 99% when you use it on cav.
Hangus, please. You should have realized from when we fought each other on horseback that the stab is the best attack for 1h and 2h on horse.

On foot it sucks though, buff 1h stab!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2013, 03:28:24 pm »
+1
Hangus, please. You should have realized from when we fought each other on horseback that the stab is the best attack for 1h and 2h on horse.

On foot it sucks though, buff 1h stab!
It is great on foot and from horseback already. Am I the only one having success with 1h thrust?
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2013, 03:46:35 pm »
No, this is horrible, buffing "some" 1handers effectively shits on every other 1hander ingame.

Wow, you're learning. You seemed pretty incapable of grasping this earlier.

I agree, the simple sword should be buffed.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2013, 05:59:00 pm »
It is great on foot and from horseback already. Am I the only one having success with 1h thrust?
I also have success with 1h thrust on foot. That doesn't change that it's worse than the other stabs.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2013, 06:48:17 pm »
But 1h need to have a more viable stab than the others? 2handers mainly use it to gain range and avoid teamhit when necessary. Polearm is mainly the same. Whereas for 1handers, you have right swing and thrust to gain range. For avoiding teamhit in clusterfucks, you have left swing and thrust too again. Everything you can do with thrust, you can do with another swing and you always have the option to do thrust as an option, which is completely viable so far. That's how I play at least, and I never have any problems with it. It is hell of a useful attack when the situation demands it. It is the reason why I never use elite scimitars too.

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2013, 06:54:25 pm »

Umm.. no ? -2 speed and -2 pierce, +2k price  for +1 cut ?
 Btw,  you should be all over the arabian cav sword stats then, cause according to your logic it's incredibly OP and much cheaper than nordic/knightly arming. Not TOO far away from the truth , though . =)
But still, the thrust attack should NOT be underestimated, both on foot and in cav fights.

In any case , again - this is only ONE of the possible suggestions for balacing this sword, there's multiple more. I think i'm done here and from now on will just patiently sit back, relax  and see what the balancing team does to it in the next update.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2013, 07:07:39 pm »
+2
The idea of giving it any more cut in the first place is why everyone is calling you a retard, Ujin.  Its overpowered because it has as much cut as a Nordic Champ sword along with being better in every other way.  You are suggesting making it better then both the NCS AND Arabian Cavalry Sword in every way.

I'd be ok with seeing it lose 3 speed and everything else staying the same.  Makes it a better cav weapon then NCS or KAS, and a stabbier shorter version of ACS.  Maybe 1 more stab damage.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2013, 07:19:15 pm »
+1
The idea of giving it any more cut in the first place is why everyone is calling you a retard, Ujin.  Its overpowered because it has as much cut as a Nordic Champ sword along with being better in every other way.  You are suggesting making it better then both the NCS AND Arabian Cavalry Sword in every way.

I'd be ok with seeing it lose 3 speed and everything else staying the same.  Makes it a better cav weapon then NCS or KAS, and a stabbier shorter version of ACS.  Maybe 1 more stab damage.
You, Falka and Zlisch are barely "everyone", thank god . =)

Look at arabian cav sword and go cry "OP!!!" then, cause it's got 1 more cut , 3 more length and 2k cheaper than a NCS.  If however you admit than the ACS is not OP, than i don't see how my last suggestion is bad, considering that the price will be on par with the top -tier weapons . The -2 speed -2 pierce is good enough , it'll be 1 point faster than arabian cav  , but also 2 points shorter, which will mean that ACS is stilll the better cav weapon, while the NCS and KAS are both faster and only 1 point shorter.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2013, 07:36:07 pm »
You, Falka and Zlisch are barely "everyone", thank god . =)

Look at arabian cav sword and go cry "OP!!!" then, cause it's got 1 more cut , 3 more length and 2k cheaper than a NCS.  If however you admit than the ACS is not OP, than i don't see how my last suggestion is bad, considering that the price will be on par with the top -tier weapons . The -2 speed -2 pierce is good enough , it'll be 1 point faster than arabian cav  , but also 2 points shorter, which will mean that ACS is stilll the better cav weapon, while the NCS and KAS are both faster and only 1 point shorter.
Ujin stop pretending like upkeep matters, also, everyone besides me, Falka, and Smooth disagree with you and just couldn't bother typing it.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.