Author Topic: Paramerion is OP  (Read 6805 times)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Paramerion is OP
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2013, 10:04:49 pm »
+1
I would simply use nordic champ instead.

So you're min-maximizer? Then you can die in hell :P I would use Paramerion which is much more fancy  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2013, 10:31:36 pm »

Paramerion has:
+1 length
+1 speed
+2 pierce
- 2665 cost

-1 difficulty
+ 0.1 weight

Knightly Arming Sword $8,944

weapon length: 102
weight: 1.2
difficulty: 13
speed rating: 97
thrust damage: 24 pierce
swing damage: 31 cut
slots: 1

Paramerion stats are OP, even if it was the most expensive 1h sword in the game it'd still be the best sword.

Also why is weapon length listed twice in the stats.  And I can't see any reason to justify having a Spation be a 0 slot item...
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2013, 10:39:24 pm »
The sword was designed to be a mix between the western arming sword and the eastern scimitars/sabers. It definitely has more stabbing potential than a NCS imo, curved blade doesn't necessarily mean bad stabbing capabilities.

http://forum.sword-buyers-guide.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15575&start=10
And it surely needs to keep it's cutting power as well.

So here's another balancing idea for it  :

-2 speed,

- 1 pierce

+ ~ 0.5 weight

+ 1.5-2.5k price

+ 1 cut

Will make it a top-tier choice different both from Nordic and Knightly arming, slower than both, worse pierce than knightly arming , but 1 more cut than NCS and 1 more length (makes sense looking at the blade). Would be an interesting option for infantry 1hers as well as cavalry (still worse than the arabian cav sword obviously).

P.S. @ CrazyCracka no offense but you've just wasted a significant amount of forum space repeating the obvious which was stated about 200 times during the last two days.

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2013, 10:46:53 pm »
+2

-2 speed,

- 1 pierce

+ ~ 0.5 weight

+ 1.5-2.5k price

+ 1 cut

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2013, 10:48:08 pm »
The sword was designed to be a mix between the western arming sword and the eastern scimitars/sabers. It definitely has more stabbing potential than a NCS imo, curved blade doesn't necessarily mean bad stabbing capabilities.

http://forum.sword-buyers-guide.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15575&start=10
And it surely needs to keep it's cutting power as well.

-2 speed,

- 1 pierce

+ ~ 0.5 weight

+ 1.5-2.5k price

+ 1 cut

Will make it a top-tier choice different both from Nordic and Knightly arming, slower than both, worse pierce than knightly arming , but 1 more cut than NCS and 1 more length (makes sense looking at the blade). Would be an interesting option for infantry 1hers as well as cavalry (still worse than the arabian cav sword obviously).

P.S. @ CrazyCracka no offense but you've just wasted a significant amount of forum space repeating the obvious which was stated about 200 times during the last two days.

Hey fuck you too buddy, agree with your stat re-adjustments however.

I was showing the stats of the KAS which I don't think have been shown in comparison to it.  I would choose the paramerion over my knightly arming sword any day, it's clearly superior and is cheaper.  And I also added that increasing the price doesn't matter, since it would still be the best 1h sword in the game.  So I did add something here, sorry to get your panties in a bunch over data being used on the server hosting the forums.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2013, 10:59:02 pm »

Take out the buttplug and think. I'm only suggesting, what have you proposed so far that was of any use ? Posting an overused meme picture won't make your argumentation better.

Para atm :
weapon length: 103
weight: 1.3
difficulty: 12
speed rating: 98
thrust damage: 23 pierce
swing damage: 32 cut

Para with this suggestion :

weight: 1.7
difficulty: 13 (15)
speed rating: 96
thrust damage: 22 pierce
swing damage: 33 cut

Price : 9k+

Now, this would be a good sword no doubt, with a good bang for it's buck, but so what ? Are you too stuck up to actually accept a new good weapon in the very small arsenal of decent 1hers ?

Edit : -2 pierce would suffice too i guess, to compensate for the extra cut.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 11:12:19 pm by Ujin »

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2013, 11:11:45 pm »
+1
what have you proposed so far that was of any use ?

Learn to read.

Paramerion could be a copy of Nordic champ sword, with 1 more length, 0.1 more weight and 1 less pierce - point of the Paramerion doesn't look especially sharp :P

new Paramerion
(click to show/hide)

Para with this suggestion :
thrust damage: 22 pierce

Arabian Cavalry Sword

speed rating: 95
weapon length: 105
thrust damage: 19 pierce

Nordic Champion's Sword
thrust damage: 21 pierce

Just admit that you want to have OP sword (and shield) and move along. And stop acting like a fucking retard.

One more thing, according to you this sword:

1.7 kg

and this one:

1.2 kg

Retard.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 11:15:36 pm by Falka »

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2013, 11:13:28 pm »
Ujin, all your proposals for any form of rebalancing have left all the byz weaponry slightly OP but with the cost of the long espada, none of them have been balanced, at all.

Instead how about something like:
103 length
1.3 weight
14 difficulty
95 speed
23 pierce
33 cut
Price 9,5k

It'd make the weapon somewhat unique and not just a slightly better something else and wouldn't be nearly as OP as what you're proposing.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2013, 11:23:47 pm »

Just admit that you want to have OP sword (and shield) and move along. And stop acting like a fucking retard.

I couldn't care less what they do to it cause i would still use it. I'm not a min maxer and i take style over stats any day. Whatever they do to balance it (and i admitted multiple times that the sword needs balancing), i'm gonna keep it anyway. Now that we're through with this pathetic attempt of yours, let's move on to the numbers.

Arabian cavalry sword is 105 reach, 33 cut  and also 2k cheaper than the top tier swords. Whether it should be priced higher or not, being the best cav sword, is up for debate. That 2 (two) extra reach IS a significant advantage no matter what, especially on horseback.

Do you consider the weight difference a disadvantage ? As far as i remember , you won't feel the difference in blocking heavy weapons, will you ?

So please try again and point out what's wrong with my latest suggestion for stats ? HOW does it make the sword op ?

P.S. and will you change the tone already, i don't feel like barking at another person on the internet for the whole evening.

P.P.S. your suggestion is also perfectly fine with me, although rather boring

@ Zlisch

Bring those suggestions right here please, i'd like to see it. I've prepared 12 loom points to roll as a supreme byzantine commando and you can't stop me now. Now seriously , you either have no idea about what "balance" is or just want to troll me along with Falka. On the previous page i've proposed 3 more options for changing the sword and noone objected, except for you , again. Am i the real problem here ?

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 11:32:27 pm by Ujin »

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2013, 11:36:24 pm »
Do you consider the weight difference a disadvantage ? As far as i remember , you won't feel the difference in blocking heavy weapons, will you ?

Heh, pro-tip: stun.

So please try again and point out what's wrong with my latest suggestion for stats ? HOW does it make the sword op ?

Here's your numbers.

(click to show/hide)

Still dont see the problem? Then I can't help you.

and will you change the tone already, i don't feel like barking at another person on the internet for the whole evening.

Take out the buttplug

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2013, 11:44:35 pm »
You don't need to be calling others as retards you know.

This thread just shows me how people deal with balancing issues. They focus on 3-4 items and completely forgot the others.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2013, 11:44:52 pm »
lol Ujin, also, no one besides Tom has agreed with any of your suggestions either.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2013, 11:54:07 pm »
Heh, pro-tip: stun.

Here's your numbers.

Still dont see the problem? Then I can't help you.
Exactly what i meant- don't you still get stunned within the 1.2-~1.8 weight area ? The little bit extra weight was NOT  intended as a buff and i don't think it would be anyway.

And btw , you really enjoy pictures apparently :

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/932/paramerion2.jpg

http://c-rpg.net/img/items/large/itm_grosse_messer_b.png    1.7 weight

You based your judgement about the weight on looking at the shitty outdated cav sword texture and questionable stats (weight, price), i based mine on what i read about Paramerion in that paragraph posted above. See the difference , i hope ? Btw Nordic should be heavier than Knightly Arming, Scimitar heavier than side sword etc. Not my fault the stats were copy pasted for so many 1hers.

And here comes the annoying part :

Arabian Cavalry Sword
speed rating: 95
weapon length: 105
thrust damage: 19 pierce

PRICE : 6 900

Nordic Champion's Sword

PRICE : 9 285

My last suggestion for Para (edited with -2 pierce, honestly kept the debatable weight..who cares)

SUGGESTED PRICE : 9k +

Do YOU see ? Also , are you seriously saying that the speed difference plays no role whatsoever ?

What you and Zlisch really fail to realise is that this is like the 4th of my personal suggestions for balancing this sword in this topic, and like i said i don't care whether they pick one of those or yours , this is just debating. But if you get a kick from it you can keep claiming that i just want an OP sword. Cause , you know, if it's gonna be OP, only  I will have access to it anyway . Jesus.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2013, 11:55:41 pm »
pah all this bickering and arguing is a waste of time. Just do what I said, buff some other 1handers to put them on the same level as paramerion and call it a day.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2013, 12:00:19 am »
+2
pah all this bickering and arguing is a waste of time. Just do what I said, buff some other 1handers to put them on the same level as paramerion and call it a day.
No, this is horrible, buffing "some" 1handers effectively shits on every other 1hander ingame.