Author Topic: Let's Celebrate Ourselves  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
Let's Celebrate Ourselves
« on: March 01, 2013, 06:10:46 pm »
+11
cRPG is a great game with one of the best communities I've ever been a part of online.  Let's all talk about how many friends we've made or how much fun the game and its forums are.  Some people say mod is dead, but it's never felt more alive to me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

You guys are the best.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
Re: Let's Celebrate Ourselves
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 06:17:07 pm »
+27
I hate all of you.

Please die in horrible car fires.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 06:50:57 pm by TurmoilTom »

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 06:25:11 pm »
+1
who the hell is that infantile idiot with the pinkie pie doll supposed to be ? ... oh wait, nvm  :oops:

edit:actually i made some very good friends here ... did you not?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 06:47:31 pm by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 06:56:15 pm »
who the hell is that infantile idiot with the pinkie pie doll supposed to be ? ... oh wait, nvm  :oops:

edit:actually i made some very good friends here ... did you not?

Did you not read the thread?  This is to celebrate friendships.  Of course I have.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 06:59:58 pm »
+8
ER MAH GERD U ER ERSUM I LERV U ERL U ER MAH FRERNDS

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 07:10:45 pm »
+1
Did you not read the thread?  This is to celebrate friendships.  Of course I have.
I did, and im really happy to hear that :D I honestly like many of the ideas in your posts. Its always something to learn or think about  :wink:
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 07:38:46 pm »
+14
More of Smoothrich's Schizophrenia?

Says "that kind of stuff does not bother me" when discussing Bjord being unbanned, then complains about people shittalking his faction or members and getting tied of it.

Says Battle mode is the worst game mode, then praises it as "I actually have a lot of fun there."

Says he is disgusted by the community being so biased that they pursue false bans, then is so biased that he falsely bans Kesh for multiaccounting after a nice long week of frothing at the mouth about how much of a cheater Kesh it.

And now... After so much time of yelling about the mod going down the crapper and losing fun, makes a post of it never being more alive and being so much fun  :lol:

A few random quotes from 2 lazy searches, not counting the IRC amusement or him shittalking the game or M:BG on the SomethingAweful forums and yelling about how the devs are all grossly incompetent and everything was shit and has no chance:

cRPG is a great game with one of the best communities I've ever been a part of online.  Let's all talk about how many friends we've made or how much fun the game and its forums are.  Some people say At fifteen, I had the will to learn; at thirty, I could stand; at forty, I had no doubts; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding; at sixty, my ears were opened; at seventy, I could do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the square., but it's never felt more alive to me.

You guys are the best.
Quote from: Smoothrich
and all the major changes managed to accomplish was even more grind and less versatility/uniqueness in characters gear and builds and overall more bland gameplay, lol good job at having a vision and failing to reach it due to ignoring the community and having bad designers (Urist) work on the mod,

RIP
people don't play the game for grinding anymore and in fact leave because of it.
Paul/Urist broke the game irrevocably by buffing armor for no logical reason.  The gameplay of hitting heavy armor strength builds 10+ times with anything but top tier polearms and 2handers is terrible and is why (along with turn rate) you see every strat army just immobile in full plate poking and shooting each other in a slow retarded ballet of boring.
Every class is full of rage-inducing things that can kill you without it feeling like it was your fault.  One of the reasons cRPG/Warband isn't that great of a game
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 07:43:25 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 07:42:43 pm »
+4
Tears, I don't think I've ever seen sarcasm be more lost on someone.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 07:43:20 pm »

Figure out who is Tears and who is me.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 07:45:08 pm »
+4
Tears, I don't think I've ever seen sarcasm be more lost on someone.

You mean yourself?  :wink:

I do realize that most of what Smooth posts is sarcastic or joking, but I reserve the right to find it amusing that every week or three he directly contradicts himself and is rarely consistent in his trolling stances like most people are.

I honestly don't take any of his posts anywhere serious, I don't think anyone should for anyone on this community. Irregardless though of intent, his constant back-and-forth will always amuse me. I certainly hope you did not think I honestly consider him a Schizophrenic or that any of my posts are serious  :lol:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 07:45:14 pm »
+3
It would be the most epic thing ever if that skinny guy in the front with the back to the future shirt was actually Panos. Him always talking about women, beer and sharing badass mohawk pictures and later looking like that irl.  :D I think CMP and chadz would dare to pay him a visit with a baseballbat...

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 07:57:27 pm »
+2
That was the NA guys,i wonder how EU players look like. :D

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2013, 09:04:39 pm »
+2
Name and shame

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2013, 10:37:49 pm »
cRPG is a great game with one of the best communities I've ever been a part of online.  Let's all talk about how many friends we've made or how much fun the game and its forums are.  Some people say mod is dead, but it's never felt more alive to me.

You guys are the best.

Best smoothrich post 2013.

Not even joking, though. So many people say the community is shit, but people generally say that about every multiplayer game. The inside jokes, the so fahnny me-mays, everything about cRPG is fucking hilarious and great to me. The only shit part is when people call eachother cheaters and try to get one another banned.

Oh, and free spook, please.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2013, 10:48:23 pm »
+5
This text based diplomacy simulator is the best I've ever found, I have to admit. The little combat mini-game thing is ok too, I guess.